Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Gods

CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
When you have a high faith resource you should be able to purchase a type of faith. Then you will slowly gain believers after buying your first church, or another term for a place of worship. After time you get a faith resource, and you begin to unlock monotheism, then polytheism where you are able to purchase gods for lots of faith. Some gods may require you to sacrifice humans. Or last for a while until you stop sacrificing them. Also the power given by the gods varies, some are percentage based, others new upgrades.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think instead of having monotheism evolve into polytheism, it should be that your religion can either be monotheism or polytheism (since in real life, most polytheistic religions died out while monotheistic religions are still common today). A monotheistic religion would probably give large bonuses that are very specialized, while a polytheistic religion would have a wide variety of smaller bonuses.

I think sacrifices could also be used as a way to improve certain bonuses of your religion, but you can alternatively make your religion more peaceful, which would give it weaker bonuses but with no drawbacks. Sacrifices would probably tie in well with other tribes if those are eventually added, where you can sacrifice POWs (or demand sacrifices from other tribes if you're powerful enough) without the negative effects sacrifices would have on your own tribe. This would anger the tribe the sacrificed citizens belonged to (along with allies), however.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea! I was thinking something similar.

• cakeTraycakeTray Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Jarr2003 said:

(since in real life, most polytheistic religions died out while monotheistic religions are still common today).

Over 25% of the world follows a polytheistic religion today.
    Dessert Heretic
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭
    cakeTray said:

Jarr2003 said:

(since in real life, most polytheistic religions died out while monotheistic religions are still common today).

Over 25% of the world follows a polytheistic religion today.
    And most of that being the Hindu in India...
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx