Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

DASHNETTALE - An AU created by us. ((Roles assigned upon request, more details in the thread.))

Comments

• DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,415Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭

Vini said:

Who would ever make a legitimately good Flowey anyway? He's just tired of loving and hating everybody and was prevented from going on with his plan to kill everything that moves (again?) when Frisk fell into the underground.
    Probably is just misunderstood and needs a hug.

Edgy
    This is edgy? You do realize that insane idealist logic is inevitable when you're talking about a game where the proper reaction to finding out about a subterranean race of monsters who want to wipe out the human race once they have captured enough SOULs to attain godhood is to try to make friends with all of them, right?
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 8,058Member ✭✭✭✭

Vini said:

Who would ever make a legitimately good Flowey anyway? He's just tired of loving and hating everybody and was prevented from going on with his plan to kill everything that moves (again?) when Frisk fell into the underground.
    Probably is just misunderstood and needs a hug.

Edgy
    This is edgy? You do realize that insane idealist logic is inevitable when you're talking about a game where the proper reaction to finding out about a subterranean race of monsters who want to wipe out the human race once they have captured enough SOULs to attain godhood is to try to make friends with all of them, right?
    No, edgy fills the role perfectly.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
  • ViniVini Posts: 2,101Member ✭✭✭✭

No, edgy fills the role perfectly.

You mean @edgy?
    Well, I can see why it'd work, but his being banned and stuff kinda makes things a little bit harder, eh?

But Edgy would be a horrible Asriel.
  • ViniVini Posts: 2,101Member ✭✭✭✭

But Flowey and Asriel are very distinct characters, so there's nothing preventing DashTale!Asriel from being represented by someone other than DashTale!Flowey.
    (I was under the impression it would be like that when I asked Flowey anywho.)

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 13,810Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20

The truth is, originally I wanted to use a banned user who came back and started behaving properly, make Flowey the original, banned account(since he doesn't really behave), and make Asriel the new account that behaves.

But the only ones that have been banned and have since come back are all inactive, and only one of them I consider a bad person - one who's been inactive for longer, if my memory is correct.

So, I'm settling for casting the two differently.
    Your best friend.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
    edited March 21
    I know that Brainstorm doesn't do those much (finally, something good to say about him!) but I think it would be funny if befriending Brainstorm means playing a counting game by manually typing in every second number.

Or to be actually fun instead of acting like Takeshi's Challenge, grabbing green drops during your bullet phase!
  • gneratororgneratoror Posts: 131Member ✭✭
    edited March 23
    I will be someone;
    Now i want an applause for the best character application ever
    Post edited by gneratoror on
    "First off, you should read my name again." -Uiomanca[n]t
    RPG Stats http://pastebin.com/biggveJk
    I am no way profesional

I will be someone;
    Now i want an applause for the best character applyance ever

The correct term is "application," not "applyance."

Also, you haven't been here nearly long enough to have a major character in this...I want forum regulars on the list.

You can be a minor character or random encounter, that's as much as I'm giving you.
    Your best friend.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited March 23

I will be someone;
    Now i want an applause for the best character applyance ever

The correct term is "application," not "applyance."

Also, you haven't been here nearly long enough to have a major character in this...I want forum regulars on the list.

You can be a minor character or random encounter, that's as much as I'm giving you.
    Yeah sorry for my english, also i was not counting on getting a major role but on a minor one, overall since i wont check this thread a lot.
    I am no way profesional
    So when is this actually starting? And how will it actually be like?

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 1,370Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    I guess when everyone is done, I gotta download FL studio before I can announce myself as ready.
    (Also, yes, I was serious.)
    Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
    The world may never know
    "You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
    "Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
    Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

So when is this actually starting? And how will it actually be like?

I'm not making an actual game after this...At least, I don't think I will. If I do, it'll probably be an RP in Playground with emphasis on story, and maybe we can figure something out for the stat system?

If I make a Playground game, at least, I'll have a poll to decide Pacifist or Genocide.

Yeah sorry for my english, also i was not counting on getting a major role but on a minor one, overall since i wont check this thread a lot.

Alright...I think these are at least a good number of the options we got;

Snowdin Shopkeeper - Just a humble shopkeeper. Sells Cinnamon Bunnies(Healing item, yes, not Cinnamon Buns, Cinnamon Bunnies...The shopkeeper's own design), Bisicles(Healing item, heals half the HP when compared to Cinnamon Bunnies, you get a Unisicle in your inventory that heals the same amount after eating), the Tough Glove(Weapon, attacks strike multiple times), and the Manly Bandanna(Armor)

Waterfall Shopkeeper - War veteran. Very knowledgeable about the War between Dashnetters and Humans. Sells Sea Tea(Healing item, movement speed boost in combat), Crab Apple(Healing item), Cloudy Glasses(Armor, increases invincibility frames when hit if equipped), and the Torn Notebook(Weapon, increases invincibility frames when hit if equipped).

Random Encounter - I work with you to design a random encounter character based on your own preferences. (We need plenty of these. A few for each area.)
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    I want to be a shop keeper!

Give this guy the Protagonist on Genocide Route

Snowdin Shopkeeper, Gerson, BPants, Catty, Bratty...

Which one?
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    May I change my mind?

I might wanna be alphys
    The world may never know
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
    Maniklas said:

May I change my mind?

I might wanna be alphys

You don't seem...Well, anything at all like Alphys to me. Sorry.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited March 23

Which one?
    7 SNOWED IN

Remember when I would have been the Bratty to Leon's Catty?
    k then
    The world may never know
    A random encounter, i might do something to it in a day.
    Or just nothing
    I am no way profesional

Which one?
    7 SNOWED IN

Remember when I would have been the Bratty to Leon's Catty?
    So, Snowdin. Got it.

A random encounter, i might do something to it in a day.
    Or just nothing

I'll add you to the mega planning PM. ((Which I will now bump, since people have used it for absolutely nothing.))
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited March 25
    I decided to write a thing for Dashnettale. Gonna mention the characters involved when I write things for Dashnettale.

Story: a beautiful day
    Characters:
    @Carmory
    The Human

Carmory glances around, their brother's old red and purple, dust-coated scarf around their neck, their hat on their head. The Human should be here any minute now, if he's right. And with a trail of dust behind them. They've done it this time. They've finally managed to get them to fight.

And now, they will pay.

There they are now.

"hey there, buddy chum pal friend buddy. you've been busy, haven't you?"

Step.

"so, i've got a question for you...do you believe even the worst spammer can change? that anyone can be a good person, if they just try?"

Step.

"oh, who am i kiddin'...you never worried about questions like that, did you?"

Step.

"well, i'll warn you here. if you take one more step forward...you're not gonna have a grand time."

Step.

"welp. i tried...this is why i never make promises."

The area around them shifts into the familiar black and white, as buttons appear in front of the Human's face. Carmory closes his eyes.

"it's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming...on days like these, kids like you..."

In a second, the skeletal figure's eyes open, empty sockets staring down their target. The bullet board appears, Carmory pulling his cap over his face.

"S h o u l d b e b u r n i n g i n h e l l ."

Sorry if this is kinda shitty, but I tried.
    Post edited by ¤RunninginReverse¤ on
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    You lied, you said I wasn't in it.

Your scarf is in it, and you were mentioned. You, however, are not in it because that's the Genocide Route, and you're dead by the time Carmory is waiting for the Human.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE

Your scarf is in it, and you were mentioned. You, however, are not in it because that's the Genocide Route, and you're dead by the time Carmory is waiting for the Human.
    Oh, I misenterpreted that.

I want a more meanaingful role, but I know no rules I fit....

I have an idea for who should be the human, a new, but not TOO new user.
    The world may never know
    Maniklas said:

The Protagonist*

Maniklas said:

Humans and Dashnetters are separate species. So, therefor, I won't be casting anyone here as the Human.

They'll likely just be Frisk and Chara, same as the actual games.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited March 25
    Well chara isn't a real name really, it's just a placeholder lots of people make a bunch of fuss about.
    The world may never know