Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Is it morally wrong to try to become a god?

DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,415Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
Not a poll because I want you to actually explain your viewpoints.

It's not IMO, which somewhat tinted by both my Mormon faith and thanatophobia which persists from my atheistic period, but it's still dependent on who is the would-be-deity, obviously.

Comments

• idcidc Posts: 61Member ✭✭
    No.
    But it is insane and if you really believe you can do it you should seek treatment for severe psychosis.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 8,040Member ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your beliefs
    It could be morally wrong, could not be

What is 100% true is that you are a mind-fucked psychopath if you try to do it, and even if you succeed, where are your godly powers?
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
  • AgubhaguAgubhagu Posts: 565Member ✭✭✭
    i don't see anything against trying to become very powerful.
    i mean, people were already kings, emperors, etc
    this would just be the next step
    eventually TM
    sarcasm is the best thing since the last best thing*
    """My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge
    *sarcasm
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,505Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think wishing to be a god is necessarily morally wrong, but like Zyzzyzus said, it's insane to think that you actually could theoretically become a god, at least one resembling the gods that modern religions (like Christianity) typically worship.

Plus, the concept of someone becoming a god, if you think about it, could be very dangerous long term, even if they have initially benevolent intentions. When you're an immortal being that can never die, and have unlimited power, who knows what hell simple boredom could create.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 299Member ✭✭✭
    Not at all, in fact you could become like every god right now simply by killing yourself, and no longer existing.