Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Cookie Clicker on steam?

PelegolasPelegolas Posts: 1Member
I would like to know if it is possible to put the cookie clicker game on steam, my internet is not the best and I would very much like the cookie clicker to go to steam, I do not understand much about how to make money or anything else putting the game on steam.

Thank you = 3

Comments

• ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,038Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    Cookie clicker is intended to be free to play without a cash shop.
    Putting your game on steam actually costs money and as far as I know, Orteil had no intention to put in on Steam.
    Main reason would be that it would need re-writing the whole thing in another programming language, since it had to be an actual application to be on steam.
    So either a windows application (.exe), a mac application (whatever they are) or he had to put it on there as a flash game with a standalone flashplayer (like Clicker Heroes does it if I'm not mistaken)

Long story short:
    - putting it on steam costs
    - it would require re-writing the game
    Thus it's unlikely to happen at this point at least.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,361Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to what Chisako said, here is a thread about the topic on reddit in which Orteil answered:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/3rx5x2/how_far_off_would_a_steam_version_be_uorteil/