Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Help on Adding Clicker Upgrades (Can't figure it out!)

EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Posts: 138Member ✭✭
edited March 2 in Help
Fist, heres my code that gives 20% clicks per Grandma I put (gains 20% per Grandma) twice as I have TotalHearts and Hearts clicking the heart!
Clickables :
*MakeHeart
*TotalHeart
-gives 1 hearts
-gives 1 TotalHearts
-visible
-named hearts
-named TotalHearts
-gains 20% per Grandma
-gains 20% per Grandma
-picture : https://s19.postimg.org/mcab6jocj/red_heart.png

I have a heart upgrade where you will get +20% more clicks per grandma owned! How would that work? I'm still very new to this coding and could some one help?
Tagged:

Comments

• Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Posts: 157Member ✭✭
    edited March 2
    *MakeHeart
    *TotalHeart Don't need this bit
    -gives 1 hearts
    -gives 1 TotalHearts
    -visible //Only need this if clickables are hidden by default
    -named hearts This
    -named TotalHearts Or this, unless it didn't have a picture, then one would do.
    -gains 20% per Grandma And you only need one of these.
    -gains 20% per Grandma
    -picture : https://s19.postimg.org/mcab6jocj/red_heart.png

Code that should work is in the spoiler, you were close but you don't need so much.
    *MakeHeart -gives 1 hearts, 1 TotalHearts -gains 20% per Grandma -picture : https://s19.postimg.org/mcab6jocj/red_heart.png
  • EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Posts: 138Member ✭✭
    @Zammorak3285 Thank you and I have been trying get it to work for the last hour! This will make it so when I add this too an upgrade, it will give 20% more clicks per grandma, per one of these upgrades i own?
    @Zammorak3285 Also, how do I make it so you see your total clicks you make on the heart, so i can add achievements? I have been trying to figure it out for a few hours as well :)
    edited March 2
    Wait. You want the +20% to be activated by an upgrade? You'd want something like this then:
    Resources : *Clicks -named Clicks -displayed as %a Total Clicks%s -visible Clickables : *MakeHeart -gives 1 hearts -1 TotalHearts -1 clicks -picture : https://s19.postimg.org/mcab6jocj/red_heart.png Upgrades : *GrammaG -named Gramma's baked -costs -requires -multiplies efficiency of MakeHeart by 20% per Grandma -""Flavor text"" -picture :

Just fill in the blanks/change the names and add things to the proper sections and you'll be good to go.

After thought.... That upgrade will also increase the clicks you get too, so that might not be the best idea.
    @Zammorak3285 Thank you and when you say, increase the clicks you get too, I want it so clicking on the big heart gives you 20% clicks per grandmas owned! Also, 20% more per grandmas owned per upgrades bought too, if that makes sense
    edited March 2
    @Zammorak3285 I still want where you get 20% clicks per grandmas owned with out upgrades, but the upgrades will ad extra making it, 40%, 60%, 80%, ect... per grandmas owned
    Okay so 20% without the upgrade would be the first thing I said for the clickable, then the upgrades would still work as in my last post.
    What I meant by increasing the clicks too, was that right now your clickable just gives hearts/total. You said you wanted to keep track of total clicks on the heart too but those clicks would gain from these upgrades so the number wouldn't be accurate.
    @Zammorak3285 I tried setting up the code you helped me with and the game said something about, Error clicks was not found, so the upgrade didnt work

and yes total clicks total done when you click the big heart, as in it adds up like in Wall Destroyer; could you help me get it to work?
    edited March 3
    Like I said above you need to add
    Resources : *Clicks -named Clicks -displayed as %a Total Clicks%s -visible
    To fix that bit. Adding everything from that post will help.
    So say you click the heart, it gives 1 heart, 1 total heart, 1 clicks. Then you buy a grandma, with what you want each time you click it after that will give 1.2 heart, 1.2 total heart, 1.2 clicks and so on.
    @Zammorak3285 thank you :) Also, every time I buy an upgrade that gives 100% more clicks per grandma, that will work too? I'm just making sure :)