Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

[Deleted]

EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
edited April 18 in Games
For the past few days I have been working on a game where you make hearts! I have been working on drawling out every Achievement, Building, upgrade with Paint! I hope you like them! I'm still adding more things slowly and want to know if you like it :)

http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/idlegamemaker/?game=.v7D47dTv

It's like Cookie Clicker, but with my own twists and I hope you like the puns/headers too :) If you see a spelling error or bug, let me know :)

PS: I used Wall Destroyers Background for my game!

Post edited by EricBolton1993 on

Comments

• ChisakoChisako Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Posts: 1,042 Mod
    edited February 26
    Seems fine so far.

let me just drop some thoughts (so don't take it as an offense please)
    - Clickable is useless as it does not get stronger
    - Art needs some rework except it's like that on purpose in that case i simply do not like it
    - "Grandmas God" shouldn't unlock that soon IMO
    - since Grandmas are similar to the ones in CC, add some synergies between them and other buildings, so far I didn't notice that being a thing
    - add more upgrades for the higher buildings (they don't need to be insanely high)
    - The flavor text of your upgrades should state which building is boosted (for less confusion)
    - maybe add something to the CSS that hides the pop-ups in the bottom left corner
    ( http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/comment/121575/#Comment_121575 )
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    It looks like you have a good base so far. A couple things I noticed though in the 30 seconds of playing: I unlocked 3 achievements the moment I opened the game (1,10,100 total hearts). Adding to the building tool tips how many hearts they make would be very helpful.
  • EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    edited February 27
    @Zammorak3285 I fixed it where the Total Hearts don't pop up unless its unlocked, but the 1 Total Heart Unlocks at 0 Hearts, but i'll hopefully fix it! I have been learning this "Coding" for only 4 days now! Adding on to being 4 days new to this, I'm not quite sure how to add Tooltips to the buildings yet

Edit: You get achievements (milestones) a lot faster then normal, this is because I want you to feel like you made lots of progress! PS: Don't worry, so far I have coded in Total Hearts Achievements in the game to go to 10 Billion and will add it to 1 Trillion or more!
    edited February 27
    @✭Chisako✭ I have been learning and doing this code for only 4 days now and I will have upgrades for every Building! My game is designed to be fast paced with huge numbers!

Grandma God unlocks at 200 Grandmas now, and I will be linking a new Building called, Heart Pyramid and that will be all about the grandmas!

For the Art Work, I drew every picture in paint and each picture took between 10 minutes to 90 minutes to draw! (I'm not a good drawler)

I need to still experiment and learn how to make clickables stronger too!

I will be adding Achievements where you need 200-250 of each building, (Milestones are less of a gap, so it feels like you made progress) and lots more stuff coming soon! (I'm just slow and lazy, but I do get lots done :))

Edit: I will work on adding a text in the header for which building goes with what upgrade :)
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    Okay, lemme tackle this.

It's basically a standard idle game, with icons, but not very good ones.
    the buildings are way too close together, they should have a decent gap between them. it should be at least 20x, and increasing per building.
    The moment you can skip buildings it becomes way too easy.

Also buildings should unlock when you get near the cost to buy them, and you need to remove some. way too many.
    Also the upgrades should be 10x the cost of the building when you unlock it.

I'd rate a 5.2/10, cause it's so damn close to WD

edited February 27
    @Uiomancant Im not good at balancing the numbers, but i will try to rebalance it!
    Do i have to many Buildings? I was gonna add more, and what is WD?

Also, I'll have it where buildings unlock like you said, all I have to do is remove -visible after every building except Grandma?

Edit: I only payed Wall Destroyer for like 1 minute, but I only borrowed the background for it, as I didnt know how to make my own
    edited February 27
    It's wall destroyer.

To make them unlock use
    -unlocks at X hearts
    Where x is the desired number, I'd set it about half of the building cost.

Spreading out the buildings spreads out the content.

Last minute edit: You should add a hearts made from clicking and unlock upgrades for that.

edited February 27
    @Uiomancant oh thank you :) and I will try to fix them! Also, u dont like the icons? I worked very hard with the puns/headers/drawling! The Elf took me 40 minutes to draw :)

I have been trying to balence out the Upgrades too, but dont really know how, im only 4 days new to this coding which I never done!
    @Uiomancant I want to make a building where its dedicated to clicking, like you would get 1% of your Hearts Per Second and like 0.1% Per Grandma, but being new, im not quit sure how to yet
    Well the icons could be much better. Also I'd use a transparent background and a very simple icon. A line tool doesn't make for good icons, especially it's that thick. Also stray away from using black. just use a darker colour of whatever you're making, so a red object will have a thin, darkred outline.

@Uiomancant I have been using paint, as i dont know what else to use! Also, how would I make a building that gives 1% of your Hps and 0.1 Per Grandma? (Upgrades)
    edited February 27
    Use paint.net, it's not too complicated and has transparency support.
    I don't think you can do what you want it to do.

You can just do something like:
    -increases Click(I don't know what you named this) by 2% per grandma

Or you could just look it up on the documentation. It's all there.

@Uiomancant Thank you and how do I know who much to make the upgrades cost with the buildings being expensive? (I'll redo the prices of the buildings)
    @Uiomancant I downloaded that paint program and I have been trying to draw a Shark from scratch, but i suck too much at it, how do people do it?