Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Emoticons

ManiklasManiklas Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭
I hope I do not ask for too much, but I would love emoticons on this forum.
Thank you for reading.
Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
The world may never know
"You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
"Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
""""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

Comments

• BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,245Member ✭✭✭✭
    No
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,522Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    We actually used to have that, if memory serves correctly. They drove people nuts, so the staff got rid of them.

(EDIT: I wasn't there when it happened, I just knew from looking around when I first came back, if memory also serves correctly. Decided to make that more clear.)
    Current status: Could be much better, really.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭
    Well I guess you could compromise; Maximum number of emotes per post, no emotes in titles etc. But in general, I can understand your argument.
    The world may never know
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,374Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    People were upset because text-based emoticons got automatically converted into "pictures".
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    My idea for a solution to that is not converting text and instead having a button for emotes (but of course I dunno how hard that would be to implement because this is HTML as far as I've understood)
    The world may never know
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,038Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    edited February 19
    It would be easy to re-enable them but it's probably just you at this moment who wants it. Maybe you can work around this with some stylish or tampermonkey script that replaces stuff like :) with icons or pictures, so that you would see them that way.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • Camwood7Camwood7 Posts: 141Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they used to be a thing. However, after user outcry after several emoticons were changed, such as :3 to a not-at-all-:3-looking-face, they were basically just axed from the forum altogether.
    Literally dunk the points you'd give onto my other account, this one has zero value to me and will literally cease to be relevant come May June 1st June 18th June 19th: @Cookiewoodstock

Hi, I'm Barry Scott. Bang, and the signature is gone.