Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

To sell or not to sell?

JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
Okay people, here's the current state of play:

I'm just under 27 decillion away from the 100 dec achievement and selling everything from Prisms down to Wizard Towers would generate just over 27 dec. So I'd get the achievement, increasing the milk by 4% and leaving me with enough cookies to buy all 300 prisms back again immediately, with a few cookies left over for sundries.

Whaddya reckon then? Does this seem like a good idea or should I just keep going the boring/safe way and pick up the achievement anyway in fifteen days' time? Common sense suggests that waiting is probably the best option but goddamn it I want the achievement! If I sell then in a few days' time will production have been impacted significantly, bearing in mind the extra milk, or will I be back where I should be, as near as damn it?

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, selling buildings doesn't add to your cookies baked overall - in this run or all time. (Haven't played in a while, not sure which it calculates based off of.)

Selling your buildings will, if anything, make it harder to get to your goal.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
    Really?! Bugger. I thought they'd increment the 'Cookies Baked This Ascension' count too. So they'll just increase the bank? Better not do that then.

Thanks.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    You've already baked those cookies, before you spent them to buy the buildings. It wouldn't make sense for them to count twice (or 1.5 or 1.85 times I guess).

If you haven't bought the chocolate egg, it can be useful to sell your buildings near the very end of the run.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    I think selling is hardly ever justified. Certainly not in this case. It might be justified in rare situations. Even then I'd be popping wrinklers before I considered selling off buildings.

For example, just now I noticed I had 496 cursors, and after doing some rough arithmetic realised it was worth buying four more to get the 500 cursor achievement and a 4% milk boost, boosting overall production by about 2%. If I had not had sufficient cookies in the bank to buy those cursors, it would have been worth selling something to buy them, even if it meant selling a prism.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on