Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Requires/Visible at Commands not Working

MattTheGamerMattTheGamer Posts: 6
I've been having some trouble. In my game, I want it so that clickables can only be clicked if you can afford it (for example, if something takes 20 energy, you need 20 energy to click it). So each clickable (except for one) has more than one requirement. They all require time, and something else. The only "visible at" command working was the time requirement, so I figured that the last "visible at" command was the only one that counted in an element, so I changed the rest to "requires". However, the clickables were still clickable (and still did stuff). If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Pastebin Link: pastebin.com/W1Sz12gp
Direct Game Link: orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/idlegamemaker/?game=W1Sz12gp

Comments

• dt200dt200 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    Add the following:

-gives -20 energy
    "You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!" -Darkmatterfire
    "Dude, you can't just quote yourself." -kirdneh
    "Now I can." -dt200 in reply to kirdneh even though it is sig only
    "I have bent all known laws!" -dt200 in reply to the above
  • Zammorak3285Zammorak3285 Posts: 157 ✭✭
    edited February 14
    If you want to get slightly complicated you could use a system to cap stats at 100% and have the clickables exchange players current energy/whatever stat for an abstract cap resource. That will make them not go over 100% and should prevent clicking without the requirements.

I'm getting off-topic though, something like:
    *MakeGame -gives 1 GameProgress for 10 Energy, 7 Fitness, 5 Social, 1 Hour requiring 10 Energy, 7 Fitness, 5 Social, 1 Hour -visible at 10 Energy, 7 Fitness, 5 Social, 1 Hour

Should work for what you're trying for though
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dt200 said:

Add the following:

-gives -20 energy

Actually, I have done this before - it's possible to hit zero energy and keep going...It would be able to give what is wanted, but that would calculate separately from the energy loss. 0 Energy wouldn't block off giving the other resource.
    Your best friend.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.