Rupee Clicker is a Legend of Zelda themed Cookie Clicker type game. Before I begin, I need to add a disclaimer. "I do not own any of the images or names used in this game. All rights belong to Nintendo."
Game Can Be Played Here: The Legend of Zelda Clicker v0.5.1
I have now added a Changelog that you can view at any time:Changelog
In The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Link starts the game with three hearts, and can collect more as he gets heart pieces and heart containers from around the game, eventually reaching a capacity of 20. Similar to that, in my game, you will start with three heart containers, and your goal to finish is to collect all twenty heart containers. More information on how you will collect them all will be released as development gets further.
There are five types of Rupees in the game. Below will explain each one and its purpose.
Green Rupees are the main currency of this game, and you can get them every time you click the green rupee. You can also collect green rupees from buildings. All of the buildings are purchasable using green rupees, and each one will increase your per second rate for green.
Blue Rupees are used solely for upgrades. You use them to purchase upgrades that will make the buildings more efficient.
Red Rupees will be used to purchase heart pieces. In OOT, the only way to get all twenty hearts was to find some heart pieces along the way as there are not enough dungeons in the game to reach the twenty total. Purchasing four heart pieces will increase your heart containers by one.
Purple Rupees are only used for buying Silver Rupees.
Silver Rupees are not obtainable on a per second rate. The only way to get them is to convert them from purple rupees. Silver Rupees are used to enter the dungeons in the game, and in each dungeon you have a percent chance of getting a heart container.
You can only earn green rupees every second. All the other types can only be collected by converting green into the other types, with the exception of Silver.
Green = 1 Rupee
Blue = 350 Rupees
Red = 25,000 Rupees
Purple = 1,500,000 Rupees
Silver = 1,000 Purple Rupees (Or in other words, 5,000,000,000 Green.
**ALL RUPEE VALUES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
DUNGEONS: (Not Yet Implemented)
In OOT, and most other Zelda games, the player must go through a series of dungeons filled with monsters and puzzles, and at the end after beating the dungeon boss, the player would receive a heart container. Dungeons in my game will work in a similar manner, minus the boss fights, puzzles, and monsters. Dungeons require silver rupees to enter. When you click on the dungeon, the game will decrease your silver rupees equal to the cost of entering the dungeon. You then have a percent chance of "beating" the dungeon, which will increase your heart containers. For example, the first dungeon would require say 10 silver rupees to enter. So you click the dungeon and your silver rupees will be taken away. Then, you have a 90% chance that you will get a heart container, and a 10% chance you won't. If you fail and don't get the heart container, you will need to collect another 10 silver rupees to make another attempt. Each dungeon will increase in price and decrease your chances. The game is considered "beaten" when you have 20/20 heart containers.
This game started in development back in 2014, sadly because school, 60 hours per week job, and girlfriend got in the way, I had to stop development entirely. However, I find myself having more time these days, so I decided to make a complete over haul of the game, changing everything except the end game goal. I hope you all enjoy this game and continue to follow it.
Anyone who played the game between March 24, 2014 and February 6, 2017 will need to reset their save, since most of the stuff that existed in the original game, no longer exists. Playing the game and not resetting your save will allow you to keep the rupees you had already collected, however, your per second rate will be gone, and it will make the game less fun as you didn't have to work much for the rupees.