Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Legend of Zelda Clicker (Reborn) v0.5.1

NisshokuNisshoku Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited February 8 in Games - Old
Rupee Clicker is a Legend of Zelda themed Cookie Clicker type game. Before I begin, I need to add a disclaimer. "I do not own any of the images or names used in this game. All rights belong to Nintendo."

Game Can Be Played Here: The Legend of Zelda Clicker v0.5.1

I have now added a Changelog that you can view at any time:
Changelog

In The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Link starts the game with three hearts, and can collect more as he gets heart pieces and heart containers from around the game, eventually reaching a capacity of 20. Similar to that, in my game, you will start with three heart containers, and your goal to finish is to collect all twenty heart containers. More information on how you will collect them all will be released as development gets further.

There are five types of Rupees in the game. Below will explain each one and its purpose.

RUPEES:

Green Rupees:
Green Rupees are the main currency of this game, and you can get them every time you click the green rupee. You can also collect green rupees from buildings. All of the buildings are purchasable using green rupees, and each one will increase your per second rate for green.

Blue Rupees:
Blue Rupees are used solely for upgrades. You use them to purchase upgrades that will make the buildings more efficient.

Red Rupees:
Red Rupees will be used to purchase heart pieces. In OOT, the only way to get all twenty hearts was to find some heart pieces along the way as there are not enough dungeons in the game to reach the twenty total. Purchasing four heart pieces will increase your heart containers by one.

Purple Rupees:
Purple Rupees are only used for buying Silver Rupees.

Silver Rupees:
Silver Rupees are not obtainable on a per second rate. The only way to get them is to convert them from purple rupees. Silver Rupees are used to enter the dungeons in the game, and in each dungeon you have a percent chance of getting a heart container.

You can only earn green rupees every second. All the other types can only be collected by converting green into the other types, with the exception of Silver.

Rupee Values:
Green = 1 Rupee
Blue = 350 Rupees
Red = 25,000 Rupees
Purple = 1,500,000 Rupees
Silver = 1,000 Purple Rupees (Or in other words, 5,000,000,000 Green.

**ALL RUPEE VALUES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

DUNGEONS: (Not Yet Implemented)
In OOT, and most other Zelda games, the player must go through a series of dungeons filled with monsters and puzzles, and at the end after beating the dungeon boss, the player would receive a heart container. Dungeons in my game will work in a similar manner, minus the boss fights, puzzles, and monsters. Dungeons require silver rupees to enter. When you click on the dungeon, the game will decrease your silver rupees equal to the cost of entering the dungeon. You then have a percent chance of "beating" the dungeon, which will increase your heart containers. For example, the first dungeon would require say 10 silver rupees to enter. So you click the dungeon and your silver rupees will be taken away. Then, you have a 90% chance that you will get a heart container, and a 10% chance you won't. If you fail and don't get the heart container, you will need to collect another 10 silver rupees to make another attempt. Each dungeon will increase in price and decrease your chances. The game is considered "beaten" when you have 20/20 heart containers.

This game started in development back in 2014, sadly because school, 60 hours per week job, and girlfriend got in the way, I had to stop development entirely. However, I find myself having more time these days, so I decided to make a complete over haul of the game, changing everything except the end game goal. I hope you all enjoy this game and continue to follow it.

NOTE:
Anyone who played the game between March 24, 2014 and February 6, 2017 will need to reset their save, since most of the stuff that existed in the original game, no longer exists. Playing the game and not resetting your save will allow you to keep the rupees you had already collected, however, your per second rate will be gone, and it will make the game less fun as you didn't have to work much for the rupees.
Post edited by Nisshoku on

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue Rupees feel really expensive, compared to the upgrades in Cookie Clicker(which uses a similar CPS/cost...Thing, the first building being 0.1/second, for 15 at base, and the second being 1/second, for 100 at base.)

If a Blue Rupee costs 500 Green Rupees, and I need 10 Blue Rupees to get the Grass Farm's first upgrade, that means...One upgrade costs 5,000 Green Rupees, which are slow to get without upgrades.

Bet you didn't think of that.
  • NisshokuNisshoku Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited February 7

Blue Rupees feel really expensive, compared to the upgrades in Cookie Clicker(which uses a similar CPS/cost...Thing, the first building being 0.1/second, for 15 at base, and the second being 1/second, for 100 at base.)

If a Blue Rupee costs 500 Green Rupees, and I need 10 Blue Rupees to get the Grass Farm's first upgrade, that means...One upgrade costs 5,000 Green Rupees, which are slow to get without upgrades.

Bet you didn't think of that.

I actually did see that as I was testing the game out last night. So I am either gonna lower the amount of green to blue cost, or lower the cost of the upgrades from 10 to like 1 or 2 blue. Still testing to see which one works better.

Thanks for the input :D

EDIT:
    I actually also wanted to mention that in terms of cookie clicker that is how my buildings are set up. In CC the first cursor costs 15 cookies and gives 0.1/sec. And the price increases by 110% which is what I believe CC buildings also do. CC has a good progression rate so I wanted to scale my game around that. But I agree on the building upgrades and am changing those around now.
    I feel like this needs more buildings...Maybe the next one can be an enemy? Maybe a cave full of Keese, dropping Rupees when killed.

I feel like this needs more buildings...Maybe the next one can be an enemy? Maybe a cave full of Keese, dropping Rupees when killed.

No worries there :) I have already started testing on a separate pastebin file which adds in new buildings, and clickables. Some buildings are enemy buildings :)

Thanks for the continued support :D
    Game has officially been updated to v0.4!

As usual the Changelog has been updated with the latest information.

The game can be played Here

Any questions or issues with the game, please feel free to either post them here or PM me.
  • ChisakoChisako Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Posts: 1,042 Mod
    edited February 8
    i like it so far, especially because it's zelda themed but...

can you do something about the background? i like to run my browser fullscreen and the result is that (see spoiler) the buildings are barely readable on screen

there are three ways to fix it.
    - exchange the background
    - work on your CSS, i know there are ways to make the BG "fit screen" I don't know how that works exactly
    - work on your CSS, you could make the boxes, which contain the buildings opaque

second thing i'd recommend
    it's nice that your thread explains which ruby is worth what, but i doubt people want to look up your thread every time they need to look up how much greens are needed for another one, even less people want to take notes.
    so how about adding a help box to the achievements?
    you could list the prices there and people could look it up without even leaving the game.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
    edited February 8
    @Chisako I see what ya mean by the fullscreen issue. And I am glad you pointed it out as I don't use fullscreen in browsers. In the near future I am sure I can fix it. I just recently started self-teaching myself CSS. So sadly, right now I do not have the knowledge on how, however I will see if maybe I can look it up.

**EDIT**
    Alright, I seem to have made it work without looking it up. Now you shouldn't have any problems.
    Chisako said:

so how about adding a help box to the achievements?
    you could list the prices there and people could look it up without even leaving the game.

I tried this, however the help box didn't display all the values due to the amount of characters needed.
    Post edited by Nisshoku on
    Game Updated to V0.5.1!

Check OP to play the game and see the changelog.
  • jackxboxjackxbox Member Posts: 4
    hey you know what you should do is make it so if you can afford 100-1000 blue/red rupees you can buy auto clickers for them so you don't have to buy the blue and red rupees although you should make them really expensive.
    after all the blue and red rupees do have the (0/s) thing.
    and then you can convert the blue rupees to red and red to purple and so on.
    jackxbox said:

and then you can convert the blue rupees to red and red to purple and so on.

Holy shit, a triple post necrobump.

1. Check post dates.
    2. There's an edit button. Use it m8.
    no wait you have to use red rupees to buy a blue rupee farm and purple for red silver for purple it all just feels right.
    jackxbox said:

no wait you have to use red rupees to buy a blue rupee farm and purple for red silver for purple it all just feels right.

Still, though.

There's a fucking edit button, and this fucking game has been dead since February. The creator hasn't been around since February 14, so it's unlikely this game will ever be updated.
  • ZuptinZuptin Administrator, Funny Posts: 420 Admin
    @jackxbox Please try not to double post, if you find that you've missed information out you can always use edit to update your posts.
    Steam | Click here for a good time
    LET YOUR SOUL GLOOO

Some linguini in my Lamborghini. ~ Tellurium