Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

should there be a way to link your email ?

manakidmanakid Member Posts: 1
when I have played this game for a while. there was one time that I had gotten a new computer and my data was gone and had to restart. I think that there should be a way to link emails to the game

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point...That's what exporting save files is for. Just save your exported save code somewhere(save it on a Google doc, e-mail it to yourself, etc. etc. etc.) and update it at specific points(perhaps per hour/half-hour could work, if you're not terrible cautious).
    C҉a҉n҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉ ҉f҉e҉e҉l҉ ҉t҉h҉e҉ ҉d҉a҉r҉k҉n҉e҉s҉s҉ ҉c҉r҉a҉w҉l҉i҉n҉g҉ ҉w҉i҉t҉h҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉r҉ ҉s҉i҉n҉s҉?҉
  • ChisakoChisako Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Posts: 1,042 Mod
    He's probably referring to cloud-saves.
    You need to know that implementing cloud-saves is not only work but it costs more money than simply hosting the script and images to run the game on your end.
    Just like RunninginReverse said, export the save and send it to your new machine.
    That being said, export your save on a regular basis anyways.

(I don't think the idea itself is bad but not really necessary)
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • 100lol100lol Member, Wiener Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭
    get rid of system32 virus, so you never need to get new computer ever again!
    side note: dont do it
    Lol, MAXIED GOT SMOKIED GOT WEEDIED!