Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Alternate terminology for buying and selling grandmas

jupiterboyjupiterboy Member, Wiener Posts: 53
I personally prefer "hire" and "fire" because its something you can actually do to people working for you.

Comments

• ReepileReepile Member Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭
    i think it's still funny to buy and sell grandmas
    only me?
    oh
    Hey, CLICK ME!!
    No, instead you should CLICK MEEE
    ugh Don't bother clicking me...
    (all the links take you to another multiplayer idle game so if you wanna check em out)
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reepile said:

sell grandmas

I thought you loved them.

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    Apart from "buying" and "selling" maintaining consistency with other buildings, they express better what happens. Buying implies paying a set amount for an asset, after which you have the asset as long as you wish without paying any more. Selling implies receiving cash (or cookies) back on disposing of said asset. "Hiring and firing" implies some ongoing expense while you have the worker. That's not the case in this game.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apart from "buying" and "selling" maintaining consistency with other buildings, they express better what happens. Buying implies paying a set amount for an asset, after which you have the asset as long as you wish without paying any more. Selling implies receiving cash (or cookies) back on disposing of said asset. "Hiring and firing" implies some ongoing expense while you have the worker. That's not the case in this game.

Exactly, Bob. Besides that, this guy is completely missing the point. (dark joke ahead)

You're actually literally buying and selling these Grandmas in a black market slave trade.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭

Exactly, Bob. Besides that, this guy is completely missing the point. (dark joke ahead)

You're actually literally buying and selling these Grandmas in a black market slave trade.
    To quote the grandmas themselves, as seen in the news ticker, "Indentured servitude."
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, everything should be a continuous drain on monetary resources.