Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How did u find cookie clicker

Comments

• gigsaucegigsauce Posts: 13Member ✭✭
    Sethbling from youtube actually made the game in Minecraft -- I saw his video and it seemed interesting so I checked out the original game.
    ·
  • bryfurybryfury Posts: 135Member
    i found out about it because i follow princess molestia's tumblr, and they posted the link in one of their posts, i liked the design and found it interesting, so i checked it, and now im hooked XD

i regret nothing!
    - Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come -

check my drawings and my map guide of the ''MLP RPG Elements of Harmony'' game here: bryfury.deviantart.com/
    ·
  • YamiidenryuuYamiidenryuu Posts: 26Member
    TvTropes thread.
    ·
  • Zell0sZell0s Posts: 76Member
    I found it the first time I went on 4chan, and I sure am glad I did.
    ·
  • PalykPalyk Posts: 2Member
    bryfury said:

i found out about it because i follow princess molestia's tumblr, and they posted the link in one of their posts, i liked the design and found it interesting, so i checked it, and now im hooked XD

i regret nothing!

Same here! That was posted about 3 weeks ago, so that means I've been playing cookie clicker for 3 weeks now...oh.
    ·
  • IrvalFirestarIrvalFirestar Posts: 312Member
    A friend of mine was playing Classic the day Orteil posted to /v/, so I went and played and then hooked from then on.
    sigimage.php?u=632574&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2
    ·
  • cookiecookiecookiecookie Posts: 95Member
    on the internet

it's pretty crazy to think that when i ported my classic save file over, i got about 48 billion cookies for it, but now i can get that same amount in a minute
    ·
  • Was on Reddit, saw that Dinnerbone had tweeted it, next thing I knew it was 4 hours later and I had a new addiction...
    ·
  • http://askprincessmolestia.tumblr.com/post/58743487731/http-orteil-dashnet-org-experiments-cookie

Except that I came across it a few days after the large update, so I clicked the new link instead of the old one. I started playing Classic a few days after. Now I have both versions up all the time when I'm online, constantly making those cookies!

What's funny is I rarely look at the Molestia blog. I'd say I check it about once a month, I just happened to visit it after the Cookie Clicker post.

So yeah, randomly saw a reference to it like most people...
    ·
  • JacknoobXJacknoobX Posts: 7Member
    One of my friends told me I had to play it and shoved it down my throat.
    Now I have a delicious craving of cookies.
    Hi.
    ·
  • BobBob Posts: 283Member

on the internet

it's pretty crazy to think that when i ported my classic save file over, i got about 48 billion cookies for it, but now i can get that same amount in a minute

These days, getting that much in a second isn't that far out of reach. :P

·
  • KixurKixur Posts: 13Member
    Through askprincessmolestia on Tumblr.
    ·
  • terazuterazu Posts: 2Member
    Wes said:

The moment Orteil posted the classic version on a certain imageboard.

+1.
    ·
  • KittyKitty Posts: 180Member
    A mixture of places, then finally I gave in and clicked one of the links to it, I forget which though...
    (^・ω・^ )ノimage
    ·
  • BecBec Posts: 7Member
    A friend of mine I follow on Tumblr mentioned it, and it eventually piqued my interest enough to mess around with it a bit.
    ·
  • Albino173Albino173 Posts: 4Member
    A friend posted a link on facebook and said it was a really addicting game. Man was he right. Once I got to a billion cookies (in the classic game) I thought I would stop but then saw the new version update. 0.o
    ·
  • GreyKnightGreyKnight Posts: 4Member
    Found it in /vg/ on russian board.
    ·
  • SellymeSellyme Posts: 157Member
    I saw it posted on IRC the day after it was released. I thought it was kinda shitty and boring, so I only played for a few minutes.

Over the next fortnight I saw tons of people lauding it like it was the best thing since sliced bread, which confused me, since I didn't know it had updated. It wasn't until I saw a friend playing the new version at a LAN party that I found out, and when I checked it out it was a lot better than Classic was, so I stuck to it.

A friend of mine was playing Classic the day Orteil posted to /v/, so I went and played and then hooked from then on.

Oh hi there Shia.
    ·
  • Hamuka_KongHamuka_Kong Posts: 13Member
    I found it through a chat room about 2 days after the 1.0 update. Everyone in that chat was talking about Cookie Clicker and how awesome it is. I had no goddamn idea what they were talking about, so they gave me a link to the game, I tried it out, and got hooked to it.
    ·
  • AuraAura Posts: 18Member
    Somebody linked it to me on skype a while ago.
    ·
  • UkimoniUkimoni Posts: 93Member
    I found it through Tumblr.
    Adopt one today!
    Yay a baby dragon, now I just need a Time Wizard.
    ·
  • asdfasdf Posts: 3Member
    edited September 2013
    Post edited by Opti on
    ·
  • GrandmatriachGrandmatriach Posts: 15Member
    I found it through RockLeeSmile, in his Indie Impressions video.
    He ruined my life.
    I love him for it.
    Buy Pledges.
    We are ANGRY.
    ·
  • DubbelthorDubbelthor Posts: 11Member
    My friend found it somehow, showed it to another friend on the same day, then in school the day after I got shown to it... now I see cookies all day long ._. and made my sister also see just cookies.
    Hi, I'm a seal... Now where is mah seal cookie ;(
    ·
  • UkimoniUkimoni Posts: 93Member
    asdf said:
    Y-yeah that's the one I saw too.
    Adopt one today!
    Yay a baby dragon, now I just need a Time Wizard.
    ·
  • ClickerofCookieClickerofCookie Posts: 271Member
    I found it when my friend was browsing random photos, one of them was cookie clicker. I then searched "cookie game" until Cookie Clicker showed up.
    I am the master of cursors. Cursors are everything. Cursors are love, cursors are life. I've said the word "cursors" so many times it sounds weird now.

Cursors.
    ·
  • I was on YouTube and saw the video cookie.avi in recommend videos. I clicked it and never looked back.

Here is the video:
    ·
  • ClickerofCookieClickerofCookie Posts: 271Member
    Parts of those videos are gifs! Lol.
    I am the master of cursors. Cursors are everything. Cursors are love, cursors are life. I've said the word "cursors" so many times it sounds weird now.

Cursors.
    ·
  • Alchemy_LabAlchemy_Lab Posts: 56Member
    cookie.avi is the greatest video ever.
    gold = cookies?
    ·
  • BronypowerrBronypowerr Posts: 192Member
    Someone in skype said "I just bought some farms and a grandma" i was like 0-0 wot
    Steam - Sean bean
    England, Sheffiled
    ·