Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Might as well do another AMA.

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vini said:

We're the ones asking questions here, mister.
    What are your favorite things to watch burn?

The world.

Well, dirty brother killers rank pretty high on the list...
    Carmory said:

Do you enjoy high-quality rips?

Umm...Not sure what you mean by that.
  • TelluriumTellurium Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Posts: 5,398 Mod
    Sometime in the next week I'm going to finally play Undertale for the first time. What do you have to say about this? :P
    Tellurium said:

Sometime in the next week I'm going to finally play Undertale for the first time. What do you have to say about this? :P

Don't kill anyone. Sometimes, it'll seem like the only way to move forward, but there is always a way to end a fight without killing;

In particular, Undyne can be tricky. Their method of sparing is very...Non-conventional.

If you really want to kill people, though...Be prepared. Dirty brother killer.
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tellurium said:

Don't kill everyone. Sometimes, it'll seem like the only way to move forward, but there is always a way to end a fight without killing;

In particular, Undyne can be tricky. Their method of sparing is very...Non-conventional.

FTFY

Tellurium said:

Don't kill everyone. Sometimes, it'll seem like the only way to move forward, but there is always a way to end a fight without killing;

FTFY
    No, I meant don't kill anyone. It's the only way to get the good ending, and if you kill someone...You have to start all over to get the good ending. From beginning to end.
  • AgubhaguAgubhagu Member Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    @RunninginReverse
    um, you're going against the spirit of UNDERTALE. there is no " good ending", only your ending. it's a choose your own path game. the game itself never says " hahaha lulz you didn't get the good ending" or forces you to do something.
    well, that's at least what i believe.
    *insert sarcasm*
    *insert quote* *insert own quote*
    *insert discussion link* *insert other links* *insert dragons*
    *free insert space* *insert meta**insert funny*
    *insert proper signature*
  • RockheartRockheart Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Tellurium said:

FTFY
    No, I meant don't kill anyone. It's the only way to get the good ending, and if you kill someone...You have to start all over to get the good ending. From beginning to end.
    I think this is the reason why the fandom gets most of its flack.
    A popular person (e.g. a Youtuber) starts to play, and then then they get yelled at to do the pacifist ending, instead of playing naturally.
    Agubhagu said:

@RunninginReverse
    um, you're going against the spirit of UNDERTALE. there is no " good ending", only your ending. it's a choose your own path game.

No, there's a specific "good ending." Flowey refers to it as such by name, and it is unarguably the best available ending(Monsterkind is free, and all your friends are alive.)
    edited January 23

Agubhagu said:

@RunninginReverse
    um, you're going against the spirit of UNDERTALE. there is no " good ending", only your ending. it's a choose your own path game.

No, there's a specific "good ending." Flowey refers to it as such by name, and it is unarguably the best available ending(Monsterkind is free, and all your friends are alive.)
    yes, flowey says so. in fact, that's the point. because people, when they play games( flowey is aware that UNDERTALE is a video game, it would seem), search for a good ending, for the best ending. he never said that's what he thinks, he's just saying what you ( most likely) planned to do.
    edit1:
    people just want to finish something. no one is satisfied with something almost / mostly unfinished. that's why people start the pacifist ending, almost always after the neutral ending( where you killed no one).
    (edit2:
    even then, i believe that subjectivity is not arguable, since it's not based on arguments. either you believe in something( completely or to a certain extent), or you don't.))

*insert sarcasm*
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, the best ending is when
    do I really have to I mean c'mon this is too obvious oh okay then Undertale spoilers ahead, like, really, we're talking endings here.

Ahem, when you do genocide and stop there, i.e., don't do a soulless pacifist. Why? The (read: one) world is destroyed, and all that's left is Chara (and you, but you die right after, so), with nowhere to go and no means to escape. The greatest monster is sealed away forever, and the price is just one of uncountable many universes.

Now, to bring back the spirit of the AMA, tell me everything you think is wrong with this theory.

Do I have to turn that into a question?
    Eh... Please?

edited January 23
    Vini said:

Nah, the best ending is when
    do I really have to I mean c'mon this is too obvious oh okay then Undertale spoilers ahead, like, really, we're talking endings here.

Ahem, when you do genocide and stop there, i.e., don't do a soulless pacifist. Why? The (read: one) world is destroyed, and all that's left is Chara (and you, but you die right after, so), with nowhere to go and no means to escape. The greatest monster is sealed away forever, and the price is just one of uncountable many universes.

Now, to bring back the spirit of the AMA, tell me everything you think is wrong with this theory.

Do I have to turn that into a question?
    Eh... Please?

Yes, Chara is sealed away...Until another player creates another one of these many universes with their save file, and proceeds to do Genocide and then Soulless Pacifist.
    edited January 23
    ( off-topic)
    when it comes to erasing worlds, it is best to not even do a genocide run, if you don't want that to happen. no one has the power to erase the world, and no one would ( most likely) even want to erase the world( there wouldn't be any reason). that way, zero worlds are erased.
    *insert sarcasm*
    Y'know what I want?

I want questions now, not just arguing about Undertale routes.
    What motivated you to make this and the other threads?

The LOVE Chart was just something that I thought would be cool - actually going to write it for a couple different websites, too. Probably at least part of it will be roleplay sites.

The song lyrics thread was just a spur-of-the-moment thing.
  • CarmoryCarmory Member, Wiener Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sexually attracted to trees?
    lmao nice. >:]
    Carmory said:

Are you sexually attracted to trees?

No...Ew.

Puts "getting wood" in a whole new light.
    Are you sexually attracted to trees wood man from game of the century mega man 2?
    Carmory said:

Are you sexually attracted to trees wood man from game of the century mega man 2?

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.
    What do you think of Felix the Cat?
    Carmory said:

What do you think of Felix the Cat?

No proper thought on him since I have never seen him before.
    да or нет?
    Carmory said:

да or нет?

"I...What?" - Lots of people by now.
  • dt200dt200 Member, Wiener Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    Is your real name diamond?
    "You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!" -Darkmatterfire
    "Dude, you can't just quote yourself." -kirdneh
    "Now I can." -dt200 in reply to kirdneh even though it is sig only
    "I have bent all known laws!" -dt200 in reply to the above
    dt200 said:

Is your real name diamond?

Nope. Just a previous username I used, I still use it sometimes.
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tellurium said:

Don't kill anyone. Sometimes, it'll seem like the only way to move forward, but there is always a way to end a fight without killing;

Diamond, that's bad advice. Undertale is very clearly a game that you're meant to play without external advice. You should decide yourself who deserves death and not be forced to do a specific type of run. It's a lot more impactful to play through the game how you want to, before discovering on the Internet there was a completely different way you could've played it than vice versa. In the future, just tell people to avoid reading about the game as much as possible, because chances are, they'll enjoy the game a lot more.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
    Jarr2003 said:

Tellurium said:

Diamond, that's bad advice. Undertale is very clearly a game that you're meant to play without external advice. You should decide yourself who deserves death and not be forced to do a specific type of run. It's a lot more impactful to play through the game how you want to, before discovering on the Internet there was a completely different way you could've played it than vice versa. In the future, just tell people to avoid reading about the game as much as possible, because chances are, they'll enjoy the game a lot more.
    So, in other words, tell them their best action is to avoid the internet itself like it's a radiation hazard(I literally could not avoid Undertale spoilers in any way besides getting off the internet completely when I first discovered the game)

So, in other words, tell them their best action is to avoid the internet itself like it's a radiation hazard(I literally could not avoid Undertale spoilers in any way besides getting off the internet completely when I first discovered the game)

I first learned of Undertale when postponing my search for Megalov- I mean, MeGaLoVania, so I could download it. Next thing I know there's a kid and a goat anthro checking some flower and no, the kid was human, and big retro letters going all UNDE<3TALE. If anything, I was pissed off that I had to scroll down to get the Homestuck version, but before every recommended video on YouTube was something at least tangentially related to UT all I knew about it was that song, and I didn't even bother listening to it. I know if I wanted to play it I would try to find one good video to convince me and carry on as usual the rest of the day. It wasn't very hard to avoid it when the game was all the rage, it can't be much harder now that the hype died down, specially if you're doing it on purpose.

Back to AMA because that's just so me: How did you deal with spoilers before you beat it?

Long story short, I didn't.

Tbh, thankful for the Sans spoilers, because I knew to stalk up on healing items first in Genocide.
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jarr2003 said:

Tellurium said:

Keywords: as much as possible. Sometimes it's unfortunately easy to get these things spoiled, but if one can avoid them, they'll enjoy the game a lot more.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...