Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The LOVE Chart (General Spoilers - ESPECIALLY Undertale Spoilers Ahead)

¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 13,810Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 17 in Off Topic
Warning; UNMARKED SPOILERS ARE AHEAD. Tread with caution.

So, before I go into detail on just what I will be doing for, I'll spell out important information; first off, LV/LOVE/Level Of ViolencE. Sans describes it as "a way of measuring someone's capacity to hurt." It increases when you gather enough EXP because, "the more you kill, the easier it is to distance yourself. the more you distance yourself, the less you hurt. the less you hurt, the more you can bring yourself to hurt others."

What I actually will be doing here; Give me a character, and some information about their past and the specific point at which you want judgement to occur. It could be an OC, or a canon character from something - I don't really care. I will write a "LOVE report," deciding on an LV, explaining my reasoning, any further actions to be taken, and if intervention is necessary.

The actual levels you'll see are in the spoiler below:

LV1: If anyone's a pacifist, it's someone at LV1. They've never killed anyone in their lives, period. While they might attempt to avoid fighting as a whole, it isn't necessary to be LV1. Do not intervene, rather, encourage such behavior.

LV2: They have killed one or two people, entirely in self-defense, and they feel extremely bad about it. Encourage pacifistic behavior as good as possible.

LV3: They have killed people, likely only in self defense, and for the most part feel extremely bad about it. However, at least one person on their list, they don't feel bad about killing. Do not intervene - keep a close eye on them, and encourage taking less violent options.

LV4-LV9: Someone who has killed through a combination of self-defense and purposeful murder. They most likely regret their actions once brought up with the consequences of their actions. Do not interfere, instead, encourage behavior towards LV 1 as best as you possibly can.

LV10-14: Someone who has killed through a combination of self-defense and purposeful murder, and feels rather distant and cold even when brought up with the consequences of their actions. Do not interfere. If attempts have been made to steer them towards LV 1, then all attempts at encouragement to change should cease and close observation should start.

LV 15-18: Someone who has killed primarily through purposeful murder, with little to no instances of self-defense. They feel little to no emotion regarding the deaths they have created, and some might even relish in it. Do not interfere, instead, observe their actions closely. If they start to transition to a lower LV (around LV 9 or lower) then resume encouragement.

LV 19: Someone who has killed completely through purposeful murder, and holds absolutely no remorse towards his/her actions. Someone with LV 19 is a very dangerous threat, one close to cataclysm due to their power. Interference is necessary as soon as an LV 19 is confirmed to prevent a transition to LV 20.

LV 20: An absolute psychopath. They kill without qualms, they feel nothing but their selfish desire for immediate satisfaction, which they only satisfy through murder. Someone with LV 20 has or is in the process of committing genocide, or has killed a very large number of people. LV 20's are the most dangerous due to their very real ability to wipe out large numbers of people to the point of extinction, and have potentially world ending power. They must be stopped at all costs.

List of people actually graded and their current LV, as well as any special protocols:

Maui - LV1
No special protocol to be taken at this point.

Mega Charizard X - LV4-9 Undetermined
Separate them from their trainer for an extended period of time if possible.

Olivia Pierce - LV9
Deceased; no protocol should be taken at this point.

Kirby - LV10
Deconstruct their "video game character" thought process and see how behavior changes.

Tokara - LV14
Study their past, in particular the Bai'ala organization.

Tom Marvolo Riddle - LV19
Destroy the Horcruxes before attempting to face the man himself. Do not let him touch the Elder Wand.

"Doom Guy" - LV20
Cheat like hell while fighting, or you won't survive. If he gets his hands on the BFG, all is lost.

Edit: Due to some...Odd requests, and a wish to no longer ruin childhoods, I am now forbidding the request of LOVE reports for video game characters older than the year 2000, unless they have received a significant amount of personality from newer games since then - an actual personality, not, for instance, Mario or Pac-Man.
Your best friend.
"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
Creator of DASHNETTALE
* Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
Post edited by ¤RunninginReverse¤ on

Comments

• dt200dt200 Posts: 2,707Member, Wiener ✭✭
    Mega Charizard X
    It was born long ago inside an egg as a Charmander. It ran out into the wild, occasionally fighting Pokemon and fainting them. It battled and battled and was soon captured. Then it was given away and used to faint many different Pokemon before evolving into a Charmeleon. Then it fought even better and destroyed all in its path. Then it evolved and gained a Charizardite X and became Mega Charizard X, who could beat all.
    "You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!" -Darkmatterfire
    "Dude, you can't just quote yourself." -kirdneh
    "Now I can." -dt200 in reply to kirdneh even though it is sig only
    "I have bent all known laws!" -dt200 in reply to the above
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 13,810Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    dt200 said:

Mega Charizard X
    It was born long ago inside an egg as a Charmander. It ran out into the wild, occasionally fighting Pokemon and fainting them. It battled and battled and was soon captured. Then it was given away and used to faint many different Pokemon before evolving into a Charmeleon. Then it fought even better and destroyed all in its path. Then it evolved and gained a Charizardite X and became Mega Charizard X, who could beat all.

LOVE Report #01 - Mega Charizard X

---

A Pokemon. Not at all what I expected to be signed up for this - and, frankly, I'm not sure a Pokemon could work for this, period. Remind me not to do Pokemon in the future.

Despite it's lack of actual kill count, this particular Pokemon managed to gain LOVE anyway. The reason for this is due to it's violent tendencies, willing to assault the other creatures of its' world purely because their "trainer" commands it to do so. However, there is nothing that suggests this Pokemon has or could have harmed people prior to it's trainer accepting it. Perhaps it was driven to act this way due to their trainer.

LV: 4-9 Undetermined
    Protocol: Encourage pacifistic behavior, but watch closely. Separate them from their trainer for a long period of time if possible, and see what their choices are when encountered with other Pokemon.

---

Also,
    dt200 said:

Then it fought even better and destroyed all in its path. Then it evolved and gained a Charizardite X and became Mega Charizard X, who could beat all.

Buddy...Against a Mega Blastoise, it'd be fucked, by pure type advantages. I could go grab one and we can test if you feel like it.
    Your best friend.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    Kirby
    Kirby was born on some unknown day and has lived in a world. One day, a guy started taking over the world so Kirby went after him. On the way, he swallowed any innocent that stood in his path and looted them in order to murder others easier. Then he continued on, killing more and more creatures until he fought the guy and swallowed them.
    "You can't get into sigs if you try hard!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!11!!" -Darkmatterfire
    dt200 said:

Kirby
    Kirby was born on some unknown day and has lived in a world. One day, a guy started taking over the world so Kirby went after him. On the way, he swallowed any innocent that stood in his path and looted them in order to murder others easier. Then he continued on, killing more and more creatures until he fought the guy and swallowed them.

Way to make Kirby dark, bro.

...Anyway...

LOVE Report #02 - Kirby

---

Never did I expect such a little pink fluffball to be so violent. Looking at it's past, it appears this creature has killed a large majority of the creatures in it's homeworld, including swallowing a multitude of such creatures and using their powers to slaughter their friends. Something about this creature's way of thinking is causing it to believe violence to be the only path to progression - perhaps it takes past experiences, combined with the equally violent tendencies of the creatures it murders, as evidence? Some of it's thought processes seem to be that of a video game's character; judging by the world it comes from, it might have been justified there.

LV: 10

Protocol: Encouragement towards peaceful actions should cease and close observation should begin. Perhaps, look towards deconstructing this "video game character" thought process and see how their behavior changes.

---

Also, from now on, no more Nintendo characters, I don't need to ruin people's childhoods any further.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,415Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac-Man
    He was born some day, and then he found a maze filled with berries. Each berry had been carefully picked by the garden-keepers, who's names were Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde. Pac-Man ate them all, and ate the fruits they made. The keepers chased him, only to be killed with a berry.
    edited January 18

Tokara

What I actually will be doing here; Give me a character, and some information about their past and the specific point at which you want judgement to occur. It could be an OC, or a canon character from something - I don't really care. I will write a "LOVE report," deciding on an LV, explaining my reasoning, any further actions to be taken, and if intervention is necessary.

I can't do a LOVE report if I don't know anything about the character.

EDIT: Seriously, DT? Seriously? I don't need to ruin any more people's childhoods. I'm not gonna do a LOVE report on Pac-Man.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE

Tokara

EDIT: Seriously, DT? Seriously? I don't need to ruin any more people's childhoods. I'm not gonna do a LOVE report on Pac-Man.
    http://coraabia.gamepedia.com/Coraabopedia

Tokara

Oh, thanks so fucking much for that helpful piece of information.

If you're gonna link to a wiki for my information, at least link to her page.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited January 18

Tokara

http://coraabia.gamepedia.com/Pom_Karr
    http://coraabia.gamepedia.com/Tokara
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,505Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Tokara

http://coraabia.gamepedia.com/Pom_Karr
    http://coraabia.gamepedia.com/Tokara
    Don't forget this one:
    http://coraabia.gamepedia.com/TOKARA_(card)

BTW, I didn't redo that or anything. I only ever did that once months ago and nobody ever fixed it. :P
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
    Tom Marvolo Riddle A.K.A Voldemort (Warning: Spoilers Ahead)
    Tom Marvolo Riddle was born many years ago. His mother died and his father didn't want him so he became an orphan who could "make the others hurt if he wanted to". He was taken in by Dumbledore and sent to Hogwarts, where he was a brilliant boy. During the summer of his fifth year he went to Little Hangleton to learn about his mother's side of the family. Out of anger at what he learned, he murdered his father, grandfather, and grandmother. During his sixth year he asked Professor Horace Slughorn about making multiple Horcruxes. When a person dies, if they had made a Horcrux their soul lives inside it. During the seventh year, Voldemort asked about where the diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw was so he could create his first Horcrux. After graduation he went out and retrieved the diadem, killed a pheasant, and created his first Horcrux. Then he became Voldemort, and went out and killed Hepzibah Smith in order to obtain an item to make a Horcrux. Voldemort than began gathering followers. Then he started the first wizarding war, with giants and werewolves. He lost the war and then returned to try and gather the Deathly Hallows, murdering the Potter family in the process.
    LOVE Report #3: Manna Tokara

---

Being quite honest, the information I could find of her leaves things quite vague, and makes it harder to pin down a specific LV for this mysterious woman. I checked the timeline and found that from her point onward, the page is in another language...? Regardless, I will use the information I do know, not what I do not.

From what I can gather, this woman had studied in the art of war willingly. To what means is unknown. In addition, the wiki's article describes her as "cold-hearted and self-seeking." This, in addition to her studies in battle, do not bode well - however, I'm afraid I'm not sure just how these skills were used. I'll have to study for myself another time.

Finally, she is the leader of terrorist group Bai'ala. While I'm afraid what they're fighting for remains unknown to me, it does not bode well for a low LOVE. Perhaps I can more closely study her past, and find out more, but for now, I'm pinning her on a fairly high LOVE.

LV: 14
    Protocol: Watch over the subject closely. More closely study her past, and in particular, the Bai'ala organization.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    You ignored mine!
    dt200 said:

You ignored mine!

I didn't ignore it. LOVE Reports take time - be patient.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    Sorry.
    Bump.
    I know I haven't done these in a little while, but 1. I wanted more than one person for traffic, and 2. I'm literally just doing these in my own free time. I'll get around to Voldemort soon.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    LOVE Report #4: Tom Marvolo Riddle

Putting it quite frankly, he...scares me. A single man - magic-based or not - should not be responsible for an entire war, and the thought that he was just given the power to resurrect - through the Horcruxes - absolutely terrifies me. But, that aside, here's my actual judgement...

He's responsible for countless deaths, and is seemingly obsessed with his own power, and willing to crush anyone in his way of it. After doing some research of my own, he has actively killed purely to gain in power.

LV: 19
    Protocol: Interference is necessary. Seek out these Horcruxes and destroy them first - and as stealthily as possible. Don't let him so much as touch that Elder Wand.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    Bumpity bump...

I want to continue this, and for the record I never closed entries for new characters to write a LOVE Report on.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • GoldraGoldra Posts: 2,523Member ✭✭✭
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
    Goldra said:
    LOVE Report #5: Olivia Pierce

In a way, Olivia can be considered a victim of sorts. She is not known to have killed anyone by her hand, and it seems as though she was, in fact, tricked by the demons to let them free. Perhaps I'm wrong, but this is further supported by the fact that she claims the demons "promised her so much" with her last words. She seems to show her intentions were less than evil, though the loss of life due to her actions is great. She is, however, responsible for a high amount of deaths - demon and human alike, once the Doom Slayer is freed. For that reason, it's impossible to give her an LV less than what I've given her, I feel...

LV: 9
    Protocol: Unfortunately, by the time I am writing this, she is dead - turned into one of the demons she has awoken, then killed by the efforts of the Doom Slayer. No protocol should be taken at this point.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited February 11
    dt200 said:
    NO.

Stop asking for Nintendo characters - especially Pokemon.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    dt200 said:
    Jesus, what was with you and either trying to ruin childhoods or have Harry Potter characters on board?

Anyway, still doing this, post things for me to judge.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    Doctor Doofenschmirtz

Also can we have a general spoiler warning?

Doctor Doofenschmirtz

Also can we have a general spoiler warning?

What IS it with you guys and ruining childhoods since 1995?

Fine.

Also, spoiler warning edited to accommodate the fact that there are spoilers for everything here.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,505Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
    Jarr2003 said:
    Error: No proper LoVE report can be formed - it seemingly has no personality what-so-ever. I'd need to have a proper amount of character to build off of; otherwise, we'll end up with a lot of reports like Mega Charizard X or Kirby's.
    Your best friend.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE