Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

What are the best ascension upgrades???

christinajanechristinajane Posts: 1Member
edited January 14 in General Discussion
Okay I have 349 prestige points and I've never ascended before. I want to make the most out my points and I have no ideas what to expect when I ascend so what are the best upgrades to get for what I have?
Post edited by christinajane on

Comments

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 396Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Most important is permanent upgrade slot 1... put your best upgrade in there (your best cursor upgrade is probs the smartest move at that stage). That costs 100. You have to buy legacy to buy anything else (costs 1). The four boxes of biscuits are good (25 each) Heavenly luck (77) will be useful. Heavenly cookies (3) and starter kit (50). Get persistent memory (5) and how to bake your dragon (9). So that's 345... the other cheap ones you want to avoid at this stage are angels etc. Can get twin gates of ascendence as it only costs 1. Down the track you'll want to buy those upgrades bc they lead to kitten angels which is useful, the others aren't all that useful. Then next ascension you'll want to save up enough for season switcher. Don't worry, after you restart you'll get to 1000 a lot faster than if you kept going without ascending.

Here's the page describing what's what with heavenly upgrades.

• Lucky9DXLucky9DX Posts: 2Member
    When Ascending, what are the best upgrades?
  • Lucky9DXLucky9DX Posts: 2Member
    When ascending, what are the best upgrades?
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,041Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    Having them all is the best upgrade. It depends on a few things, so:
    This is pretty much answered. If you go there, you will find an image with the upgrade tree. You will see what each upgrade costs and does.
    Depending on how much you can spend, you will see what are the best options for you.
    Posting the same question twice won't get you a faster answer btw. You will have to look for yourself, and maybe read the post before yours.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 602Member ✭✭✭
    Read some of the existing threads about this. there is plenty of information here.
  • JezJez Posts: 119Member ✭✭
    When I wanted to know what the best upgrades were, or at least the ones commonly regarded as most useful, I googled 'cookie clicker best upgrades'. That brought up some reddit threads with some helpful discussions.

But that's just me. When I found myself living in the time with laughably easy access to immense amounts of human knowledge and significant proportions of the sum total of all human experience, I just couldn't help using it. I'm weird that way.
    ^^ I don't think there's anything wrong with someone asking for tips or information on this forum, which is kind of a CC community, as opposed to using a search engine. I think it's very rude when people say "Google is your friend", which is another way of saying "I can't be bothered helping you."

However...
    do think that before asking a question here, they should do a quick forum search to see if their question has already been answered on the forum. It's very annoying to have spent lots of time answering someone's question or explaining my strategy, only to have someone a week later ask a question that makes it obvious they have not read my post. The temptation is to simply not reply, and then the person who posted the question gets annoyed because no one is responding.

This is a problem on many sites actually, not just this one.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 396Member ✭✭✭
    The search function is shite because it defaults to the most recently posted in threads, and you only get about four results in the little box. Then if you do post in an old thread, will some loser jump down your throat for necrobumping? Probably.

My first ever post here was a question about ascending, and I tried searching before posting. If some people won't answer a well-worked question, I'm sure others will.

edited February 3
    ^^ It's true that the search functionis not what it should be. Still, I think many people do not even bother to try using it.

Also, instead of using the search tool, sometimes it's enough to just run your eye down the list of subject headings, say the most recent couple of pages of the listing. If none of those headings look likely to be relevant to the question, then yes, it's OK to ask it again, since it probably hasn't been asked and answered very recently.

I have more of a problem with a question being asked in the SAME thread where it's already been asked and answered.
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,041Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    the reason i reacted that way is because his question was literally answered before he even asked.
    i did point out the link of that post and told him to decide for himself, since i do not know what he can spend on upgrades, thus i cannot give a clear answer.

this has nothing to do with being lazy or rude.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • Camwood7Camwood7 Posts: 141Member ✭✭✭
    • The permanent upgrades are amazing if you use them right. I usually set them to my best prism, kitten, and cursor upgrades.
    • Seasons. Want eldeer for max efficiency? Go right for this.
    • The starter upgrades can be a nice help.
    • How to bake your dragon. Krumblor is amazing.
    • The divine upgrades make stuff cost less, which is almost required later on.
    Literally dunk the points you'd give onto my other account, this one has zero value to me and will literally cease to be relevant come May June 1st June 18th June 19th: @Cookiewoodstock

Hi, I'm Barry Scott. Bang, and the signature is gone.