Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

[Invalid] Prestige acts as if you have 100 more levels

ArcanemagusArcanemagus Posts: 4Member
edited January 5 in Bug Reports
The bonus from Prestige levels is applied in an interesting way, which I feel should be a bug as it is different from all other CpS bonuses.

Currently in v2.002 the Prestige bonus is _added_ to the CpS multiplier, not multiplied into it. Since it is the first bonus applied this doesn't have a large effect at higher levels (It was 0.0009% for me when I discovered this), but is somewhat large at lower levels. In effect the game acts as if you have 100 more Prestige levels than you really do.

The actual code is:
var mult=1;

if (Game.ascensionMode!=1) {
mult+=parseFloat(Game.prestige)*0.01*Game.heavenlyPower*Game.GetHeavenlyMultiplier();
}

Note how it is "mult+=" instead of "mult*=" like every other bonus.

This makes it so if you had say 500 Prestige levels, with no other bonuses, you would have a CpS multiplier of 600% instead of the expected 500%.
Post edited by Arcanemagus on

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,041Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    No, that's correct. You have 100% with no prestige. If you have 100% worth of prestige, you would have double your CPS, so 200%.

Edit: As another example, if you multiplied them, then ascending with anything less than 100 prestige would decrease your CPS.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • ArcanemagusArcanemagus Posts: 4Member
    In writing out the correct way to do it, I realized that the coincidence of this being the first thing applied means the right way of doing it is built in (assuming nothing is ever put in place between the definition and the Prestige bonus in the code...) and also that I had messed up what the multiplier meant in my head when looking at this!

So just chalk this up to the disclaimer at the start of the file ;)
    Code contained herein is not guaranteed to be good, consistent, or sane.