Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

What would you do different?

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 363Member ✭✭✭
If you started the game again, from scratch, what would you do different? Is there one thing you have learned from playing the game or from being on this forum, that you would apply the second time around?

----------------------------------------------

First thing that comes to mind for me is: at each ascension I would note down the next really good heavenly upgrades I want to buy, and how many chips they cost. A number of times I have ascended, mainly for the prestige points, but have found that I am only just short of the number of chips needed to get that next big heavenly upgrade - a permanent upgrade slot, unholy bait, elder spice etc. and should have waited just a little longer.

Comments

• JezJez Posts: 54Member ✭✭
    I'd get wrinklers straight away. I spent literally months avoiding them - being scared off by the One Mind warning. I had no idea how useful they were. I've been playing now for a little over 14,000 hours and I think I'd be a hell of a sight further on if I'd known what I know now.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 244Member ✭✭✭
    I have done exactly this when I started playing beta. I ascended sooner, made better use of upgrades etc.

BTW Bob, you know you can see how much Heavenly Upgrades cost here, right?

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 363Member ✭✭✭

I have done exactly this when I started playing beta. I ascended sooner, made better use of upgrades etc.

BTW Bob, you know you can see how much Heavenly Upgrades cost here, right?

Yes, I know that NOW, I did not know it when I first started.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 363Member ✭✭✭
    Another ting I would do different: as soon as I reached the end-game, as defined by having all the building and cookie upgrades, I would start doing dummy runs to get the 100-asscension achievement. I've worked out that this takes longer the longer you leave it, unless of course you leave it until run 100 - i.e. not doing any dummy runs at all. However 100 normal runs will take a very long time, during which you won't have the benefit of that achievement.