Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Language Generator

Waki_RunasutiWaki_Runasuti Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
edited November 17 in General Discussion
I made a language generator, it comes up with the name, location, number of speakers, and description of randomly generated languages! Hope you all like it!

-------------------------------------------------------

Versions

-------------------------------------------------------

Though my signature is in English, you may call the word "signature" any one of these things!

handtekening, nënshkrim, تَوْقِيع, ստորագրություն, imza, по́дпіс, স্বাক্ষর, по́дпис, ဆိုင်း, signatura, 簽字, podpis, underskrift, handtekening, subskribo, allkiri, undirskrift, allekirjoitus, signature, ხელმოწერა, Unterschrift, υπογραφή, חֲתִימָה, हस्ताक्षर, aláírás, undirskrift, paraf, síniú, firma, 署名, sîngnatuthe, қол, ហត្ថលេខា, 서명, кол, ລາຍເຊັນ, subscriptiō, paraksts, parašas, по́тпис, tandatangan, hainatanga, гарын үсэг, underskrift, امضا, podpis, assinatura, semnătură, по́дпись, ainm-sgrìobhte, потпис (potpis), අත්සන, podpis, firma, saini, underskrift, имзо, имза, సంతకం, ลายเซ็น, imza, gol, пі́дпис, دستخ, ئىمزا, imzo (qo'l), chữ ký, allkiri, or, חתימה.
Post edited by Waki_Runasuti on

Comments

• Waki_RunasutiWaki_Runasuti Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    The Southern-õnuo language, is an extinct language, spoken in Western China, or, as they called their country, gateky. In their language, the word for woman was fóir and the word for to scratch was xœí. Also, there was a Verb–subject–object word order. In China, this language became extinct in 1964. An example sentence: «bujèzuęho dæêwì pavùñmʎ?»
    Though my signature is in English, you may call the word "signature" any one of these things!

handtekening, nënshkrim, تَوْقِيع, ստորագրություն, imza, по́дпіс, স্বাক্ষর, по́дпис, ဆိုင်း, signatura, 簽字, podpis, underskrift, handtekening, subskribo, allkiri, undirskrift, allekirjoitus, signature, ხელმოწერა, Unterschrift, υπογραφή, חֲתִימָה, हस्ताक्षर, aláírás, undirskrift, paraf, síniú, firma, 署名, sîngnatuthe, қол, ហត្ថលេខា, 서명, кол, ລາຍເຊັນ, subscriptiō, paraksts, parašas, по́тпис, tandatangan, hainatanga, гарын үсэг, underskrift, امضا, podpis, assinatura, semnătură, по́дпись, ainm-sgrìobhte, потпис (potpis), අත්සන, podpis, firma, saini, underskrift, имзо, имза, సంతకం, ลายเซ็น, imza, gol, пі́дпис, دستخ, ئىمزا, imzo (qo'l), chữ ký, allkiri, or, חתימה.
    Oh yeah, here's the link! I almost forgot!
    The code for the generator is
    DEspLz66

• Diesel0307Diesel0307 Member Posts: 783 ✭✭
    This is a great generator, and I very much enjoy it. Though I have found a bug or something that happens when you press the button, the text just goes blank and doesn't show anything. I don't know if this is a problem with the generator, or if something is wrong with Randomgen, but I thought you may want to know.
    I have a bunch oh old threads. I don't use them :P
    Here is a thread though: As God As God Can Be
    Stat page for game: Stats

I was dead for a while...
    Thanks! Though, I did notice this glitch too, it seems to be a problem with RandomGen and the amount of code that is actually in the generator. It's good to know that people are actually using this!

• erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why it sometimes doesn't give an output.
    But I was wondering if you intended for $langstatus to sometimes not give anything back.
    No, it's just something that seems to happen occasionally

• erdbeereerdbeere Member, Helpful Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a list in which every element has a probability assigned to it, it means that the list can be empty.
    This is because lists aren't static, but are instead generated every time an element is to be picked from the list. The probability assigned to an element means that it has that chance to be put into the list that will be generated. After the list is generated, an element will be picked from the generated list with every element of the generated list having the same chance to be picked.
    edited February 9
    I have created a new, updated version of my language generator!!!
    Code: http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=rwK3JCeg
    Post edited by Waki_Runasuti on

The new version will not go blank (like my previous versions!)
    For some of the stranger letters, I'd recommend looking at one of these Wikipedia articles:
    Digraphs (e.g. tl): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin-script_digraphs
    IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet - e.g. [tɕʰíŋtàu̯]): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Phonetic_Alphabet#Consonants

The generator can create some languages with names so weird that even I, who studies phonetics, can't say. For example:
    • ǂᶴeigɤ̞w
    • ǃ̬iça3
    • Ts̃ɞvẽ␢

• DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

The generator can create some languages with names so weird that even I, who studies phonetics, can't say. For example:

• ǂᶴeigɤ̞w
    • ǃ̬iça3
    • Ts̃ɞvẽ␢
    Who said that they're human languages?
    Good point, though if it is true, I would like to visit the village in Brazil where it spoken then!

I've been working on something...

http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=Cgx9kx4f

• RegianRegian Member Posts: 62
    Good. 7.5/10
    My account is deleted.