Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Questions about Christmas, Ascension, etc.

melodyd78melodyd78 Posts: 4Member
I'm not new to the game but was offline for about a year. Just started new games. I feel kinda stupid but I am playing the live most recent version and there is no christmas/reindeer? Am I supposed to be doing something? Also, what is Ascension, Legacy, and the Heavenly chips and etc. I just buy stuff and click cookies right now. I'm not interested in cheating, but just want to get some insight as to all of these upgrades and such. Appreciate any help! :)

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,026Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    You should definitely have the Christmas stuff when you load the game now.

As for Ascension, Legacy, Heavenly Chips: Before the Legacy update, you could do a soft reset, which would give you heavenly chips depending on how many cookies you had baked (all time). Each chip would increase your CPS by 1%, so that you could progress more each time you reset.

Now, Prestige levels do the same thing as heavenly chips used to do, and you can spend heavenly chips on prestige upgrades that last across all ascensions (soft resetting is now called ascending). If you mouse over the Legacy button, it shows how many prestige levels you would get if you ascended, and how many heavenly chips you'll get for spenging on prestige upgrades.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • melodyd78melodyd78 Posts: 4Member
    Yah it's at +1 because I just started a new game. My hubby is in the mid 800's...he's waiting till he hits 1000. I don't have the Christmas stuff, sadly. Not sure what I did (didn't?) do. When is it a good time to do the Ascension?
    Whelp, reloaded and Christmas is here!
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,026Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    melodyd78 said:

When is it a good time to do the Ascension?

Definitely not before 150. From there, just whenever you feel it's getting slow and you want to start a new run, I guess. There are several threads about that subject, but I think 150-300 is the best range for your first ascension.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Thanks! Appreciate the assist :)