Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Let's roleplay!

ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Playground
I thougth some of you on the dashnet forums might want some kind of basic roleplaying game here, it's a modern RPG about discovering the world of fantasy and magic which have been forgotten for numerous years
It's based on another role playing game I used to work on.
Just say you want to join and I'll roll stats for you and you'll get to tell where you want to enter your luck points. (A way of choosing what stats you want to increase) and I'll roll them for you. Then I'll let you choose a class and I'll give you a place to start.
Luck points are all 6's in stat rolls and all dupes for each roll (triplets give 2, quadruplets give 3)

EDIT: All info can be found here: http://pastebin.com/KV7jVHjp and https://sites.google.com/edu.kungsor.se/wondertale any other questions, just ask

Ideas for items or characters?
http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/comment/363178#Comment_363178
Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
The world may never know
"You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
"Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
""""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
Post edited by Maniklas on

Comments

• CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to join.

• ManiklasManiklas Member Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Calamity said:

I want to join.

Your stats are:
    STR:18
    VIT:8
    DEX:15
    INT:13
    WIS:12
    CHA:16
    CRG:14
    LCK:5

where do you want to add each one of your five luck points?
    (one luck point equals to 1D6)

You may change your name at any time if you wish
    STR=Strength
    VIT=Vitality
    DEX=Dexterity
    INT=Intelligence
    WIS=Wisdom
    CHA=Charisma
    CRG=Courage
    LCK=Luck
    Post edited by Maniklas on
    The world may never know
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
    Spend all 5 on Charisma. I want my characters name to be Emperia.

Now I forgot to ask about the gender, but I guess it's female. Tell me if I'm wrong.

You are either a mafia, celebrity or a mechanic as proffesion.
    Available classes are:
    GOOD:Bounty Hunter
    MEDIOCRE:Warrior
    Battlemage
    BAD:Monk
    Soldier

After selecting class and proffesion your adventure may start
    The world may never know
  • DragoniteCaptorDragoniteCaptor Member Posts: 11
    I wanna join. As a mage, though.
    Known as the DragoniteCaptor but named Erk? Nah my fav FE character is Matthew. Named Matthew (also male)
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna hop in.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    join
    3 to str and 2 to dex
    male
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
    edited December 2016

I wanna join. As a mage, though.
    Known as the DragoniteCaptor but named Erk? Nah my fav FE character is Matthew. Named Matthew (also male)

I dunno what dies will tell me, but I'm gonna try make you as close to a mage as I can (Battlemage) using the luck system, or do you wanna be a magitech? Battle mages ar using aggressive spells whilst in war, they could also handle a sword, -->if they have to<--. Magitech's, on the other hand, are mages who use utility magic to alter machines to make them driven by magic or use magic in any kind of way. Choose wisely, both are available.
    Available proffesions: JACKPOT! Choose any proffesion from here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d42S2KhdwaihDqIzz-_tIAPsODjimPHLbK5192RHYEU/edit?usp=sharing

I won't list all your stats here, please check the pastebin http://pastebin.com/KV7jVHjp for your stats

<blockquote class="UserQuote">

I'm gonna hop in.

Nice! okay then check your stats.
    Available proffesions are: Celebrity, Marketing and Master Level(reroll either proffesion or everything)
    Available classes are stated after you've entered luck points. (+1d6 for each luck point to a stat)
    Change your name/gender at any time before I plug you into the story.
    I didn't believe anyone would get that high luck, guess I was wrong

join
    3 to str and 2 to dex
    male

Ok, predefined luck points eh? We'll see, I'll do my best. You can choose what to do with your 5 extra luckpoints in your next post.
    Please decide name and gender
    Even though you haven't used all your luck yet, here are available classes right now:
    GOOD: Thief
    MEDIOCRE: Bounty hunter
    BAD: Magitech
    You'll have to use the rest of your luck points (5).
    (PROTIP: Put one in courage, it's like all charisma rolls not aimed on social skills in other RPG's. Also, to become soldier you need a few, and a warrior could use them.)
    Oh yeah, and available proffesions are: Celebrity, Marketing and Mafia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope I haven't mis-said anything now.........
    Btw which time-zone are you in? It's night here in central-east europe
    The world may never know
    Name: Jesse Haya

And because fuck it, smart characters are good, put all my points in INT.
    @RunninginReverse Done.
    Please specify proffesion
    Available classes are:
    STRONGLY RECOMENDED: Magitech (Their primary stat is intelligence, both for smarts and magic.)
    GOOD: Priest
    MEDIOCRE: Monk, Soldier
    BAD: none!
    The world may never know
    Yes I will continue talking like a chatterbot
    The world may never know
    Magitech.

Also, no bad classes? Am I a first for that?

Third thing; DOUBLE POSTS?

There is an edit button.
    edited December 2016
    @RunninginReverse Profession now, then I'll drop you in
    Maniklas said:

I'm gonna hop in.

Available proffesions are: Celebrity, Marketing and Master Level(reroll either your avvailable proffesions, or everything)
    Marketing get's you a discount on any shops owned by bigger companies
    Celebrity gives you a bunch of extra charisma on rolls, still not counted as true charisma though.
    Master level allows you to get new professions to choose from, but discards these (with your luck it won't change much.)

Sorry for the double post, I'm not used to using forums, yet.

You are first to have no bad classes because you didn't appeal, but appeal badly for any class.

EDIT: FRICKIN GRAMMATICS!
    The world may never know
    Tbh, I don't like how professions have to be the result of a die roll...I have a whole backstory set up for a scientist character.
    edited December 2016
    @RunninginReverse ok I guess, I just thougth it up as a random kind of perk whilst making the original game, so I added it here. How about Celebrity for being a prized well known scientist?

Maybe I'll just toss you in anyways

Otherwise I might even let it get brushed off in the style of: "Your parents were that and you have reclaimed some of the skill from it"

EDIT: I have to take a few lessons in english
    The world may never know
    edited December 2016
    I guess I'll go with Marketing.

Some of the basics of her backstory;

Her mother and father both co-ran the company, Solar Labs. Her father handled marketing and other monetary shit, and her mother handled management of the company itself. And takes the credit for the cool shit

Why Jessie left Solar Labs? Hehehe...That will remain hidden for now.
    I want to be a bounty hunter!

edited December 2016
    @RunninginReverse Ok Then I'll just use it as some kind of take from parents thingy (My damn english doesn't know the name of it)

You find yourself in a lab, who's lab? Only you and the owner knows. (Your lore)
    A few shady characters surround you. You realize that you just returned home from the lands of Woghaan where you learned about the skill of handling magic energy, and the shady characters are hallucinations.
    You think you just need some fresh air.

@Calamity Come up with some kind of lore and choose a profession I'll let you in too.

EDIT: The whole story is that the world of magic has recently been discovered, and only 20% of people on earth know about it. It all plays out in a modern world.
    The world may never know
    I chose a profession. Unless I can make my own.

edited December 2016
    Maniklas said:

You are either a mafia, celebrity or a mechanic as proffesion.

a list of all professions (and all perks as of now) can be found here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d42S2KhdwaihDqIzz-_tIAPsODjimPHLbK5192RHYEU/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: I'm going to sleep, See you in 7-9 hours
    The world may never know
    Soldier then please.

I just noticed...My INT is 62.

God damn, it feels good to be a genius.

Anyway, get some fresh air. Obviously.

While she heads outside, Jessie starts coming up with ideas for new inventions.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll join, why not.

@Calamity Oh crap soldier is both a class and a profession.... well I guess It'll be alright
    Your father is an old war hero, a veteran. You've learned your ways from him, and therefore adapted to the soldier class as well! (You can use ranged weapons without being forced to read about it first.(Well... honestly you still could, you are a bounty hunter. Buuuuuut-->)) You start with a random gun... It's an AK-103!!! You also start with 2 magazines.

You wake up, feel a little bit dizzy. And cold. A person in a scientist uniform walks down to you. You are about to attack, when you realize he mmight be friendly. "Hello, I understand if you are a little creeped by just suddenly waking up like this Emperia." He begins walking towards a safety door. "Follow me to the surface, and we can show you as the first person ever surviving cryogenic freezing!"
    What will you do?

@RunninginReverse Jesse goes out, get's some fresh air, and when she's aboutto go in again, she realizes something's in her pocket. A book. You didn't put it there, but who did? Maybe it is from the Academia Magica in Woghaan. What do you think, should you read it, or just head inside?
    PROTIP: This is a key choice for starters *psstpsst*spellbooks*psstpsst*

I'll join, why not.

Well then, rolling da dies.....
    Check your stats on the pastebin page, http://pastebin.com/KV7jVHjp
    And now, please choose where to put your 15 luck points (choose a few stats and decide how you'll divide the points.) After that I'll list available classes and professions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OFF TOPIC: Why do I spell it "profession" here and "proffesion" on pastebin?
    The world may never know
    Read the book. Jessie's curiosity has always gotten the better of her.
    I follow him, wondering how I got there.

edited December 2016
    @RunninginReverse You read the book.
    It's about Schools of magic and, well, magic in general.

EDIT: So sorry if this is confusing, I tried my best to make it clean and understandable. If it's TOOOOOO confusing I can help you a little by choosing the one that fits your lore the best.
    Choose a school and a starter spell. (Passive stuff in parentheses)

Termo:
    Heatwave
    Freeze!
    (You are immune to Non-magic temperature based effects)

Wild:
    Summon Friend
    (Also includes to choose your first bound animal, it has to be a normal real-world animal though.)

Life
    Heal
    (You get an automatical heal, if you for example lose an arm in battle, you will regenerate it in a week)

Death
    Reap
    (You can store souls and use them for..... we'll get to that later)

Light
    Dazzling Light (Sorry but this spell won't light anything up)
    (You see in dark)

Sense
    Illusionary Brick Wall
    True Sight
    (This one's passive is not really passive, but still. You automatically have access to the True Sight spell, so it really is just one choice)

Elemental
    Fireball
    Mend
    (You are immune to non-magic effects which still is counted as elemental (e.g. burning, drowning))

Warp
    Teleport
    (You have acess to a rift storage which is your INT times your INT times your INT Decimeters. (It's a cube.)(DISCLAIMER: No living beings but you can be inthere, but you can't be in there when it isn't open, and you can't be in there hiding or trying to stay safe from someone attacking you. You are always counted as standing just at the portal to it.))

Altering
    Alchemy
    (You can change the shape of any mundane object (e.g non-magical) in any way you want (as long as you touch it it keeps that shape). For example, you remember exactly how a key you saw somewhere looks, you can recreate that key if you have a pile of metal in front of you.)

Control
    Telekinesis
    (You have a special target type(you'll get to know what that is later) known as ControlArea)

Time
    Rewind
    (Isn't controlling various aspects of time enough for you? Well I guess I'll make this spell a high-level-spell-for-low-levels e.g. a "noob spell" then.)

Tech
    Charge
    Power
    Scan
    (You get acess to all these spells when you choose this school. Also, you are great with machines.)

(I recommend Tech, Altering or Control because they are more useful whilst using magic on machines, and you ARE a magitech after all)
    DISCLAIMER: You choose ONE starting spell even though your school has more than one.

You also read about making spells, it seems to be a little bit too advanced for you right now. (Reach level 5 and 100+ INT)

---------------------------------------------
    OFF-TOPIC: Sorry for such a long post, I just wanted to keep it stylish while still getting everything in

@Calamity You posted while I was writing this.
    Ok back to the game
    ----------------------------------------------
    @Calamity You walk into a corridor with the man. you realize you carry a gun on your back and he haven't noticed
    KEY-CHOICE-FOR-STARTERS-ALERT! (Do you wanna be a good-guy bountyhunter who fights for the good (e.g. samus from metroid), or a bad-guy bountyhunter who fights for the evil side (e.g. every single bountyhunter in star wars))
    The world may never know
    Evil one.

I'd like to know what the actual spells do before I make my choice, maybe?
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see my stats on the pastebin link.