Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

hi everyone I been playing cookie clicker for 4 days dont want to lose progress

PaulosPaulos Member Posts: 6
I keep looking at the ascend option and I dont want to lose my stuff though :( I been playing for four days now, or nearly 5... o_O

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭
    If ascending would give you over 150 prestige levels, go for it! You'll catch up to where you were pretty quickly, don't worry.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • PaulosPaulos Member Posts: 6
    It has 5+ at it right now, I don't understand- if I may ask, what does ... "PRESTIGE" do i nthis game?
    It lets you buy powerful upgrades that last across all ascensions without you having to buy them again. Also, for every prestige level you have, you get a CPS boost. So, once you have enough cookies baked all time to get 100 prestige levels, if you ascend right then, you will get double the cookies per second on your new run.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    I'm at 5+ right now if I ascend then ... hm thank you- I don't want to ascend though if I'm going to lose like all my progress lol :D
  • NavyDan1NavyDan1 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Not to worry; the game auto-saves the game every 60 seconds.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NavyDan1 said:

Not to worry; the game auto-saves the game every 60 seconds.

The question was on if they'd lose all their progress by ascending, not on saving.
    I could get 29+ prestige right now, but would I lost my buildings that took so long to gather the cookies for...?
    edited November 2016
    Paulos said:

I could get 29+ prestige right now, but would I lost my buildings that took so long to gather the cookies for...?

You'd lose your buildings no matter what point you ascend at - it doesn't mean it's never a good idea.

If you get to 100 Prestige, that's a good starting point for ascension. You'll probably not get much farther in the game if you never ascend.
  • Dr_CookietonDr_Cookieton Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    That's how I felt during my first run too. It's definitely worth it to ascend though.
    Annnd once I get to say, 100+ Prestige as I'm at 56+ then, what happens? Do I get a rank in high scores? Do buildings cost less? ??? I'm so confused. :)
    Paulos said:

Annnd once I get to say, 100+ Prestige as I'm at 56+ then, what happens? Do I get a rank in high scores? Do buildings cost less? ??? I'm so confused. :)

You get a permanent CPS boost, and you can spend Heavenly Chips(equal to your Prestige amount) on upgrades.
    umm... cps boost is good... tell me, if I get to 100+ prestige, and these heavenly chips I get, is it worth giving up all the trillions o cookies/buildings I got now?
    Paulos said:

umm... cps boost is good... tell me, if I get to 100+ prestige, and these heavenly chips I get, is it worth giving up all the trillions o cookies/buildings I got now?

Yes, you will be able to buy them again, just like your first run except faster.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    There has already been lots of discussion about ascension strategy. See for example the thread entitled "When is the best time for me to reset?".