Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

CookieClicker Cloud Backup / Sync

timia2109timia2109 Member Posts: 4
edited February 12 in Suggestions
Hey,
I have two devices where I play CC, but it sucks that there are "two game states". So how about to include a CookieClicker Cloud, where the Savegame will uploaded (maybe all 5 mins. to solve traffic/performance).

You could use Dropbox (where is a great (unoffical) JS SDK) or use a own implementation. If you need help on the server side I could help (with PHP)

The feature should be optional so that you can use it if you want.

It would be fantactic to backup my empire on a safe place and use it at many computers.

Thanks,
Tim
Post edited by Chisako on
Tagged:

Comments

• GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Use a Google Doc to backup your save code, simple as that.
    Of course, rule number one with CC, always back up your save, preferably every day.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • timia2109timia2109 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2016
    Hey everyone.

I created a WebExtension which sync your Cookie Clicker game. You can upload your game by just clicking a button to my server and load it on another client. You can have as many savings as you want as well. There is also an autosave option, which is currently running all 5 mins.

You can download it from the Web Store here (chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cookie-clicker-cloud/hnceefdiodbfhfjfpjkkkfcdlejcopfh)

If anyone wants to create this extension to Firefox contact me, so I can give you the API Nodes.

Happy clicking,

Tim

TERMS OF USAGE
    • I'm not responsible if someone breaks into the safe and eats all you cookies
    • I'm not responsible if this addon breaks your game (you could simply delete the addon)
    • I took the Beautify(...) and the Game.backeryName(...) function of Orteil, so respect his work. This is his code!
    • Don't overload the server
    • The autosave time depends on the server usage. So don't be angry if the autosave timeout becomes bigger

Edit

Today I uploaded the Extension to the FireFox addons. After they have checked it, I will write a post.
    Post edited by timia2109 on
  • timia2109timia2109 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, there was a bug, so you was unable to see the save buttons after login. I fix that bug in version 1.3
  • jmcman6104jmcman6104 Member Posts: 6
    Unfortunately, we are most likely to see this. When asked in a Q&A he said a friends list and backup sync would overload his servers. In addition to this, having a cloud to sync up to would cost a good bit of extra money. I wish this would happen, but it is not likely to.