Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Where is the save location on Firefox?

OvnidemonOvnidemon Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
Recently, I needed to reset Firefox and lost my save because of that. Hopefully, all the old infos of Firefox are still in a folder but I don't know where is the save file nor where I should put it. Help please.

Comments

• NeoSpearBladeNeoSpearBlade Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    Sorry for the bump. ^_^'

Within FireFox, the save file is stored internally where the browser's executable is located and it's represented as either a cache file or a cookie file, I'm not sure which. Regardless, if you delete that file, you delete the save.

This is actually a common tip for players new and old: Using an internal browser file is convenient for quickly getting back to the game after loading the website but it's not recommended to rely on it as there will be situations in which at least part of the outcome is the deletion of all internally saved files. While it's fine if you want to use internal browser files for the game, it's very recommended to back up your progress by saving the save text string (press the Export save button to see this) into a text file for situations like yours.
  • JeanJean Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    You should just email yourself your export code every time you reset