Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Changing the Banned User System

CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,335Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Suggestions & Bug Reports
I'm not sure how this'd be done, but basically, can't we bring back the old ban system?

Specifically, what I mean by that, is replacing the user role "Member" with "Banned" in order to show a user was banned, instead of changing their avatars as a whole.

And while we're at it, making the Stylish Script to have a red border and username for banned users would make a lot of sense. Before you ask, the script for that is this:
.Banned .Author .Username{color:#CC0000;}
.Banned {box-shadow:0px 0px 3px #CC0000 inset; border-left-color:#AC0000;}

Heck, I'd argue just making the usernames red/giving them a red glow could be a nice indication of them being banned.

I ask this because replacing their avatars whole-sale can be a nuisance for the numerous wikis out there created by people (all the dead ones, and even the one I'm working on personally.) If you don't have their avatar, or didn't save it, and it's not an image you can trace back via google's search (which it usually is,) it's gone, unless an admin deliberately unbans them temporarily just for you to get it. And that's just a terrible system, begging for problems to occur if someone does that.

This'd perserve a lot of the forum's history for new users to understand, while still making it obvious that such-and-such was banned.

And if anything, we should at least have an option to not display banned avatars for banned users. :P

Comments