I'm a scrub and I don't use moddingofisaac.com , deal with it.
Anyways, this is a much similar thread to my Minecraft Resourcepacks
thread, except that this is for Binding of Isaac. Anyways.
To install this mod, you need to find the BoI game files, which are located under
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
. Then, you just need to unzip the downloaded folder and copy its content
inside the "resources" folder (which already contains a "packed" folder, leave that one alone).Disclaimer: If you are using the Custom Challenge Launcher, reverting to the original game will delete both the "player.xml" and "itempools.xml" file in the resource folder. To prevent that, either have a backup file that you will copy or just delete the players.xml file manually each time.
This mod modifies a couple of things, mostly aesthetics.
- Distant Admiration and Friend Zone item textures modified to be more consistent and easier to spot (there are a lot of fly items oaky?)
- Breath of Life item (aka worst spacebar item in the game) modified to better fit what it was actually intended to be: a sperm. Image and name changed.
- Troll bombs changed to be less memey and look better.
- Mystery sacks changed to catbags to be more memey and look worse.
- Hearts completely revamped to look like realistic hearts. This affect the health bar, heart pickups and devil deal displays.
- Keeper's health bar now looks more like pennies and less like plain butter cookies.
- Blood completion marks changed to actual blood that looks good.
- Scolex was removed from the game and replaced with The Frail. Remove the "rooms" folder to revert this.
- Monster Manual was added to the Library pool. Remove the "itempools.xml" file to revert this.