Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Why not a background music?

CodyCody Posts: 1Member
Maybe u could add a background music to the game, that might make it a bit more interesting. :)
Tagged:

Comments

• ThatDudeThatDude Posts: 6,316Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    dear lord man it's an IDLE GAME not a FANTASY SHOOTER uh lemme think oh yeah MMORPG FUTURISTIC SPACE ADVENTURE PLATFORMER WITH ROCKING METAL MUSIC OR MUSIC OF ANY DESCRIPTION

you're supposed to be doing normal shit while you check back in once in a while to pop reindeer/wrinklers/cookies and buying buildings and upgrades
    people have stars in their names now apparently
  • DesertTortoise20DesertTortoise20 Posts: 6Member
    ThatDude, You Do Know Most games have an option to Mute their Music, Right...? So if you want, you can Mute the music, and go watch YouTube on another tab or something...

Besides, something soft and simple, like calming elevator music (which I think OP was going for), would fit the game very nicely...
    I took Interest in Ponies because Humans are stupid...
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,097Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭

ThatDude, You Do Know Most games have an option to Mute their Music, Right...? So if you want, you can Mute the music, and go watch YouTube on another tab or something...

Besides, something soft and simple, like calming elevator music (which I think OP was going for), would fit the game very nicely...

I don't think calm and soothing fits the Grandmapocalypse very well. No matter what the music is, not everyone would be happy with it, so it's easier just to play your own music, which can be anything you want.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • TottallyNotABotTottallyNotABot Posts: 45Member ✭✭
    the technology is too primitive to add background music
    I AM CARMORY JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN"T KNOW DUD
    IF YOU MAKE A SHITPOLL I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY PERSON AROUND HERE WHO IS ALLOWED TO MAKE SHITPULLS DUD <3
  • SekhmetSekhmet Posts: 88Member ✭✭
    Even a very soft music would be really annoying after being played 15 times. And the very principle of cookie clicker is to let the game play itself all day.

If you really think a music would fit well with cc, why not post it in a thread "nice cc musics", or prepare a youtube/jamendo/whatever playlist?
  • DesertTortoise20DesertTortoise20 Posts: 6Member
    Billabo said:

I don't think calm and soothing fits the Grandmapocalypse very well...

Well, I could imagine the music becoming distorted during the Grandmapocalypse... It would certainly follow the notes: "May cause undesired results" and "This is a bad idea!" which I could never understand

Besides, i think OP was referring to those players who like playing the game directly rather than off to the side. But like I said, there could be a "Music Volume" slider or "Mute" button for those who prefer to idle...
    I took Interest in Ponies because Humans are stupid...
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,610Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Music was never something that fits idle games, never.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 514Member ✭✭✭
    Urban Cookie Collective, all day long. :D

:(

Seriously, most of the time when I am playing CC or doing anything else on the computer, I am listening to music of my own choice, whether it's radio, CDs or downloaded stuff. A Cookie Clicker background music option would be of no interest to me, as it would almost certainly not be the kind of music I generally listen to.

One could say why not have the option - but I would say it should be the lowest of low priorities for Orteil. I'm sure that, like me, nearly everyone else here has access to music they can call up themselves to serve as a background if they wish.
  • jupiterboyjupiterboy Posts: 53Member, Wiener
    there is music in clicker heroes and why make game is closed idling a heavenly upgrade? why not have perfect idling on all the time?
    and music should get more complicated as you progress through the game. such as early game ther is simple music mid-game there is slightly more complex music and late game there is even more complex music and grandmapocalypse there is same music as late game but distorted