Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

My opinion on the playground ban

ReepileReepile Posts: 1,552Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Off Topic
This is my opinion on the playground ban, not intended to offend anyone (I don't know how, sometimes I'm stupid)

I agree with it. Why? Because honestly, I used to come to the forum to see new, interesting off-topic posts which encouraged detailed discussion and lots of different IGM games. Now, only forum games are on. Well, I'm not one to chat, as I definitely contributed to the spam, and I want to apologise for that, didn't intend to clog the forum. I really like some forum games, but I feel lots of different games that aren't very active have just popped up and pushed the off-topic and general forums down. There are times I see only playground forum games, so I'm glad this has happened.

However, the still existing forum games are still a high majority of the forum. I know many will agree and disagree with me, but lots of people have been recently bumping forum games because we can't make anymore. I think at max 5 active forum games, maybe 4 should be on the front page of discussions. More makes it useless to even keep the ban as the clogging is still apparent. I don't want to rid forum games, just keep some active and most of the ones originally clogging up the threads away. That's why I'm only going to be hosting my forum game if people are really active on it.

Basically, tl;dr I like the playground ban, still people bumping old forum games and clogging, maybe somehow cleanup but I don't know. My overall statement is I agree with it and for the future of this forum (If it isn't dead by then because lets face it the forum is dying) we should keep the clogging a distant memory and try to reduce overloading the forum with forum games. I don't know why I made this thread.

I honestly don't know why I made this, so just ignore if you think stupid.
Successful Forum Games (By LeReep)
- Delicious Cookie
- The Safe
- Eternal Dungeon (and other stuff like that)
Post edited by Reepile on
Tagged:

Comments

• CalamityCalamity Posts: 14,670Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't need to bow down to the moderators so the opinion of the public is in your favor. All you are doing is hurting your self in the long run.

• ReepileReepile Posts: 1,552Member ✭✭✭✭
    Cookie said:

You shouldn't need to bow down to the moderators so the opinion of the public is in your favor. All you are doing is hurting your self in the long run.

I'm not bowing down to anyone. There isn't many mods to bow down to anyways, @opti where are you :c

My opinion isn't about changing the public's opinion, It's my opinion and I wanted to share it. It shouldn't mean I want the public in my favor or I bow down to the moderators. If you can't accept that, you're pretty pathetic no offence.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    I accept that, but I was just saying that it would be the same for you if you were just looking out for yourself. You would be betraying yourself if you weren't true to yourself.

Cookie said:

I accept that, but I was just saying that it would be the same for you if you were just looking out for yourself. You would be betraying yourself if you weren't true to yourself.

So what is this supposed true self of mine? Don't understand you.
    I've stated my opinion on that I don't like too many forum games clogging up the forum. I'm not betraying any "true" self of mine if I'm the actual one writing the post.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    No i was saying if you were lying to yourself. I am not saying that you are.

edited July 2016

So what did you mean by this. How am I hurting myself in the long run by stating my opinion?
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    It was all applied to the fact that if you were lying to yourself. But you arent, ok.

#2MuchDrama

• ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,031Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod
    like i said on the thread about the ban itself, "feel free to discuss" and "i don't mind if you disagree"
    that's just the predicted reaction to it and i won't feel offended even if you think that it was the wrong decision.
    and there is really no need to apologize for having an opinion.
    i'm also thinking about an acceptable solution to everyone just the way it is right now it's horrible.
    so take an agree from me, because you are right. forum games ARE part of a forum, of course but if there are more forum games than anything else, something is very wrong.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
    That means people want to have fun Chisako . Thats a good thing.

Chisako said:

like i said on the thread about the ban itself, "feel free to discuss" and "i don't mind if you disagree"
    that's just the predicted reaction to it and i won't feel offended even if you think that it was the wrong decision.
    and there is really no need to apologize for having an opinion.
    i'm also thinking about an acceptable solution to everyone just the way it is right now it's horrible.
    so take an agree from me, because you are right. forum games ARE part of a forum, of course but if there are more forum games than anything else, something is very wrong.

I agree with you, just wanted to point out if you ban the creation, people will tend to necrobump forum games way back to "create" them again.
    Cookie said:

That means people want to have fun Chisako . Thats a good thing.

People can have fun with forum games, just not too many. I've seen way too many randomly created forum games with about only 2 posts in total before they go off the front page. That's not fun, it's called clogging the forum because lols. 4 forum games that people actually enjoy on the front page is enough, we don't need to create forum games every other day.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    I have barely made any. Most people have barely made any. Some ideas are just unsalvageable anyway so a clean slate is always appreciated.

What thats not a lot. I didnt like any of the ideas.

Cookie said:

What thats not a lot. I didnt like any of the ideas.

How about you think before you post then? It's a lot better than just posting random ideas and then regretting.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    Thats rude, wrong and a stupid way of looking at the forum games. Some games are more fun then others but they were all made equal until humanity had to go and judge them.

edited July 2016
    Cookie said:

Thats rude, wrong and a stupid way of looking at the forum games. Some games are more fun then others but they were all made equal until humanity had to go and judge them.

Oh so you mean these games you apparently didn't like?
    Reepile said:
    Not equal, just spam, I'm gonna be honest. Honestly, if you were gonna act like this in the first place @Brainstorm should've never invited me
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,378Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cookie said:

they were all made equal until humanity had to go and judge them.

Just start a cult already.
    I liked them but then I didnt. Simple.

edited July 2016
    Cookie said:

I liked them but then I didnt. Simple.

So you spammed but then you spammed. Spam. You don't need to create like 7 threads in 3 days.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    No. I disagree. They are not spam I intended them to produce fun, though they backfired.

Cookie said:

No. I disagree. They are not spam I intended them to produce fun, though they backfired.

I do something apparently unique to you. Over years of making forum games, I have analysed and made a fun, detailed forum game. I read over it and make sure people like it. If they don't, let it rot. But usually they somehow do.

Let's be honest. You love postfarming. So to you the quality and ambition isn't the same as mine when I try to make my forum games perfected. Almost all the games you've made have no point, spammy or RPG. Classic.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,349Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cookie said:

No. Just no. You're basically saying at this point "Everything was good until you started disagreeing with me." There is such thing as a crappy forum game. We criticize things to maximize quality. Cookie, you need to stop whining every time something goes wrong for you.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
    I like fantasy rpg's a ton. I like to write about fantasy rpg's. I am a fantasy rpg :3

Cookie said:

I like fantasy rpg's a ton. I like to write about fantasy rpg's. I am a fantasy rpg :3

Making one detailed, long thread about a fantasy rpg is good. Making like 10 all dying at around 5 posts is not good.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    Cookie said:

That's okay, but do we really need a dozen fantasy RPG's?
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    If they offer something unique I thing that warrants existence.

edited July 2016
    Cookie said:

Look at the list of forum games from you I posted. What's all unique about them? Think for about 5 minutes, then open the spoiler.
    Some of them are more spammy then others. Literally you made an "empty thread" for sale for a forum game. Postfarming and spamming at it's finest. I don't have a problem with cool, interesting forum games. I do with ones that clog the thread and don't show any ambition

I also want to point out if you look at my list, specifically here,
    http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/14423/the-digging-game#latest
    http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/14422/last-hero-wins#latest
    http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/14421/heroes-den#latest
    What's weird about them?
    Look at the discussion number. 14421, 22, 23. The forum is so clogged up with your spam you made three forum games consecutively so quickly that you beat anyone making a different thread. Stop.
    - Delicious Cookie
    - The Safe
    The empty threads are for replacement games since they didnt get any attention originally.

Cookie said:

The thing is though, do they really offer something extremely unique that warrants an entire new game? Why can't you just incorporate these things into existing forum games?
    My Pokefarm Q Account