Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

If over 1000 posts remove post cooldown

CalamityCalamity Posts: 14,651Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
Sometimes I post really fast and I get the post cool down thing , it should be nullified by users that have over 1000 posts because then you can know if they are trustworthy and wont abuse the system.

Comments

• CalamityCalamity Posts: 14,651Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes !

• DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,364Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things were never meant to be a religion.
    What?

If they want , its there choice. Though I doubt that would happen its not happening now , and it would only slightly increase the likelihood of that happening.

• UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,186Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cookie said:

If they want , its there choice. Though I doubt that would happen its not happening now , and it would only slightly increase the likelihood of that happening.

You're complaining about the fact you cant constantly post in counting games, which are already incredibly low quality in the first place because of said shitty post spam. Increasing the shitty post spam is bad.

I said not by much , I dont consider myself a active contributor of said threads , I focus on the higher quality forum games that lack the attention that the counting threads do.

Cookie said:

I said not by much , I dont consider myself a active contributor of said threads , I focus on the higher quality forum games that lack the attention that the counting threads do.

You shouldn't have a problem with posting too fast then, if said posts are high quality.

But the responses sometime take 10 seconds others 10 minutes it varies.

Cookie said:

Having a post be thought about and written in 10 seconds is not very high quality. Its borderline spammy.

Its the posts of the repetitious quality, if I want to repeat a action all it takes is for me to say I do the same action , bam!

Cookie said:

Its the posts of the repetitious quality, if I want to repeat a action all it takes is for me to say I do the same action , bam!

This heavily proves my point that you cant write a post in 10 seconds and have it be quality.

Not every post needs to be new , if it serves a purpose.

If you are saying the exact same thing over multiple posts, said forum game isn't very high quality.

I dont need to say like for example

and turn it into

One

There is no need. Gets the same point across.

Cookie said:

I dont need to say like for example

and turn it into

One

There is no need. Gets the same point across.

And what exactly does this prove?

I get the same message across if I posted either 1 or one . Doesnt dictate a posts quality at all.

Cookie said:

I get the same message across if I posted either 1 or one . Doesnt dictate a posts quality at all.

I said the forum game wasn't a very high quality one. if all you're doing is posting something like:
    Attack the monster
    over and over, its not high quality.

You mean variety , its different then quality

"I continue to build the house" x10 is not a high quality post.
    Its not high quality, it has no variety. Its just a slightly different counting game.

• TheHeathensTheHeathens Posts: 661Member ✭✭✭
    Temporarily out of hiatus to say:

Cookie said:

I said the forum game wasn't a very high quality one. if all you're doing is posting something like:
    Attack the monster
    Then would you qualify Labyrinth Zero as low-quality and no-variety? I don't think so, if there's 8 people all in different rooms, doing different actions, well, I'll try to make all 8 people understand their predicament, also known as "quality". I also tell them what to do, which is "variety". I havn't reached that point of the game yet, but making a game like mine, takes both quality and variety. These people deserve to know what to do, even though all their post don't have quality and variety.

If the host has variety and quality, then the players don't need to make posts like that. I say no double posts in a clear and not unseeable way, they think, "Ah, no double post then" and not do so.

I agree with @Cookie, then.

Temporarily out of hiatus to say:

Cookie said:

Attack the monster
    Then would you qualify Labyrinth Zero as low-quality and no-variety? I don't think so, if there's 8 people all in different rooms, doing different actions, well, I'll try to make all 8 people understand their predicament, also known as "quality". I also tell them what to do, which is "variety". I havn't reached that point of the game yet, but making a game like mine, takes both quality and variety. These people deserve to know what to do, even though all their post don't have quality and variety.

If the host has variety and quality, then the players don't need to make posts like that. I say no double posts in a clear and not unseeable way, they think, "Ah, no double post then" and not do so.

I agree with @Cookie, then.
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying along the lines of attack the egg style forum games, where all you do is post what you want to do, multiple times until you get it, and move on.

I dont see what you mean?

• TheHeathensTheHeathens Posts: 661Member ✭✭✭
    My game is a combo of what you hate and what you like (repetitive actions and unique choices). Every game has it's pro and con. Deal with it.

My game is a combo of what you hate and what you like (repetitive actions and unique choices). Every game has it's pro and con. Deal with it.

I am dealing with it. I was just clarifying what I said.

• BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 5,903Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think you should just lower post and comment cooldown with people who have a higher level.
    Examples:
    1 = 3 comments/1 post a minute
    2 = 4 comments/1 post
    3 = 5 comments/ 1 post
    4 = 6 comments/ 1 post
    5 = 7 comments/ 2 posts
    6 = 8 comments/ 2 posts
    and so on.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm
    "You, young man, have increased the troll count by 1, troll thread count by 1, and countless other count counter counts by 1." -Brainstorm
    "We now have a perfect excuse to necrobump forum games." -Brainstorm
    I wonder what this is! Only the most epic link EVER! :o
    Pastebin statpage for Dungeon Maker: http://pastebin.com/mdPqPQVv
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,347Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Post count means nothing. It is not at all an accurate judge of character. 100lol has over a thousand posts, so that obviously means he is 100% trustworthy despite probably being 7 and/or a troll.
    Cookie said:

Almost every post I make takes at least a minute. Which is probably why I only have two-thousand posts compared to your...

HOLY SHIT COOKIE. But seriously, maybe you should slow down and look at your post a bit if you post that fast. It might seriously improve your post quality.
    3. Again, if you just have a bit of patience, then the cooldown doesn't effect you.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 5,903Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jarr2003 said:

1. Post count means nothing. It is not at all an accurate judge of character. 100lol has over a thousand posts, so that obviously means he is 100% trustworthy despite probably being 7 and/or a troll.

Cookie said:

Almost every post I make takes at least a minute. Which is probably why I only have two-thousand posts compared to your...

HOLY SHIT COOKIE. But seriously, maybe you should slow down and look at your post a bit if you post that fast. It might seriously improve your post quality.
    3. Again, if you just have a bit of patience, then the cooldown doesn't effect you.
    I agree with that, but... some people, like me, can type hyperfast with little to no grammatical mistakes and also have many forum games to post on, it litterelly took me 25 seconds to write this comment.
    I'm just saying that

I think you should just lower post and comment cooldown with people who have a higher level.
    Examples:
    1 = 3 comments/1 post a minute
    2 = 4 comments/1 post
    3 = 5 comments/ 1 post
    4 = 6 comments/ 1 post
    5 = 7 comments/ 2 posts
    6 = 8 comments/ 2 posts
    and so on.

"Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm
    "You, young man, have increased the troll count by 1, troll thread count by 1, and countless other count counter counts by 1." -Brainstorm
    "We now have a perfect excuse to necrobump forum games." -Brainstorm
    I wonder what this is! Only the most epic link EVER! :o
    Pastebin statpage for Dungeon Maker: http://pastebin.com/mdPqPQVv