Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

Comments

• sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 58Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I have 125 dec baked this ascension with less than 1 nonillion cookies in bank. I swapped to Earth Shatter to get my buildings back for 85%.

85% of 125 Dec is 106, but I got 115 dec in bank which is 92% back. Using Chocolate Egg gave me 131 baked this ascension with 121 dec in bank. That's around 6 Dec extra from chocolate egg. which is 5%.
    edited July 2017
    I'm about to try Born Again for the first time. Any advice? 1 million cookies baked within 15 minutes without upgrading?
  • DatreborDatrebor Posts: 63Member ✭✭

I'm about to try Born Again for the first time. Any advice? 1 million cookies baked within 15 minutes without upgrading?

This is what I found on cookieclicker.wikia.com

On later runs, it is easy to get; wait until you get a Clicking Frenzy and then ascend into challenge mode. CF is still active and should give you enough of a Head start to get 1 million cookies within 15 minutes.
  • itsIndyitsIndy Posts: 231Member ✭✭✭
    Who got cheats
    test
  • itsIndyitsIndy Posts: 231Member ✭✭✭
    But fr this thread is as old as this account learn how to lock shit
    test
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,320Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod
    Why lock a thread if it is active and not cancer/derailed?
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    I don't understand why would they lock a good thread? I tried going for speed baking and made 1 million with in 25 minutes. But the without an upgrade I'm not sure which one you are going for?

Is it speed baking 1 million in 15 minutes or hard core 1 billion with no upgrades?
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 788Member ✭✭✭

Go for that, by all means. :) However that would be just our own private achievement, not one that's built into the game.

The Speed Baking achievements allow it to be done with upgrades. I can't imagine being able to get them otherwise.

The Hardcore achievement is the one where you have to get one billion with no upgrades. You can always get it if you play long enough, though how fast you get it depends on how optimally you play.

• gordonrmaseygordonrmasey Posts: 24Member
    i leave for a day and there's 250 new comments here, wtf happened?
    edited July 2017
    There are 250 comments total (251 now), not new since your last view. Unless the "new comment" counter messed up for you.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    @gordon: the thing is, everyone is talking about you behind your back. ;)
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 106Member ✭✭
    So, different people consider different things to be cheating or not. One position, which we probably don't hear from here, is to not look at any information outside of the game's interface. People who play this way would only find out about each building when they can almost afford to buy one, wouldn't know about the grandmapocalypse until it happens, wouldn't know what heavenly chips are for until they ascend at a bad time, wouldn't know what the dragon does, and wouldn't know what the seasons do. You'd have to figure out the game's mechanics for yourself by playing it.
    ^^ The problem with that is you would also have to avoid reading posts on this forum.
    edited July 2017
    I'm always at work when sugar lumps ripen :(

It happens at 5am for me.
    edited July 2017

I'm always at work when sugar lumps ripen :(

It happens at 5am for me.

Invest at least one into Temples, and use the guy that makes sugar lumps fall sooner, until it comes around to a time where you're active.

And then cross your fingers and hope your slots don't decide to empty themselves when you reload your save.
    Post edited by Billabo on
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    My Legacy Started counter went down to 500 days after the update.

I don't know how long I've played for now and will forever fall into the Cookie Clicker black hole. I could check my previous posts to see if I've logged my counter, but it's too late to be saved.

Send my regards to my loved ones... I miss Earth.

I don't know how long I've played for now and will forever fall into the Cookie Clicker black hole. I could check my previous posts to see if I've logged my counter, but it's too late to be saved.

What did the Legacy counter say before the update?

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 531Member ✭✭✭

It was measured in hours

It was measured in hours
    I know that. I still want my question answered. Shrimp said "my counter went down to 500 days", but I suspect it did not go down, it simply reported the time in days instead of hours. That's what happened with my game. So although some information has been lost, because now it's only to the nearest day rather than the nearest hour, it shouldn't be that big a deal. He can calculate the number of hours if he wishes by multiplying by 24, and it will be accurate to one part in 500.
  • gauzegauze Posts: 6Member
    Hello,
    I was cheating then discovered it was boring and switched to a new non-cheat game. that was 1040 days and 106 ascensions ago.

Right now trying to figure out how to tell exactly when I have prestige amounts ending in 7s per this:

"This upgrade took an oath of complete seclusion from the rest of the world and only appears when your prestige level ends in 777,777."
    gauze said:

Hello,
    I was cheating then discovered it was boring and switched to a new non-cheat game. that was 1040 days and 106 ascensions ago.

Right now trying to figure out how to tell exactly when I have prestige amounts ending in 7s per this:

"This upgrade took an oath of complete seclusion from the rest of the world and only appears when your prestige level ends in 777,777."

If you go to the options screen and turn short numbers off, this will show current prestige points in full, and you should then be able to calculate how many prestige points you need to get in this current ascension to bring the total up to a number ending in 777777. You'll have to be vigilant, though, as your production is probably in the octillions by now, and if I remember rightly the cookies do not actually stop accruing when you click on "Legacy"; it's not until you answer "Yes" to the question whether you really wish to ascend that the production is suspended. Maybe you can slow it down to a manageable level by selling stuff.
    OH short numbers yeah that'd do it. it still takes something like 5-6 seconds for me to get one hc so I have a workable window for this, thanks!
    edited July 2017

lol, I came back from the pub quite drunk when I made that post! 500 days was correct :D
  • JezDavisJezDavis Posts: 218Member ✭✭✭
    gauze said:

OH short numbers yeah that'd do it. it still takes something like 5-6 seconds for me to get one hc so I have a workable window for this, thanks!

If you sell c.90% of your buildings just before ascension you should be able to slow the rate of progress to give you a 30-60sec window.
    I already did it to get 2 of the new golden cookie prestige things, 5 seconds is tons of time to click a button :P
    edited August 2017
    If you stare at the center of the screen and cross your eyes a little, it all jumps out in 3D.

The update made my CPS go from 11 Oct to 358 Oct per second. Nice!
    What's your CPS after the update guys?

I'm currently on 762 Oct.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Posts: 218Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    109 Non.
    Post edited by JezDavis on