Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

Comments

• sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 58Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I'm not ascending unless I have enough to go 20% faster. 10% is unnoticeable.
    Post edited by sky_shrimp on
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 788Member ✭✭✭

Ah, but 0% is also unnoticeable. How long will you need to continue with this run at 0% increase in order to get that 20% on ascension? Think about that.

edited May 2017
    I don't follow bob.

I used to wait until the next ascension gave me a 10% boost, but now I'm waiting for a 20% boost. To do that, I need to wait until my legacy is enough. For instance, my prestige level is around 57 million. IIRC, my legacy would have to be 5.7 million to get a 10% increase on my next ascension.

Where does 'continuing at 0% increase' come from?
    Post edited by sky_shrimp on

I don't follow bob.

I used to wait until the next ascension gave me a 10% boost, but now I'm waiting for a 20% boost. To do that, I need to wait until my legacy is enough. For instance, my prestige level is around 57 million. IIRC, my legacy would have to be 5.7 million to get a 10% increase on my next ascension.

Where does 'continuing at 0% increase' come from?

What I mean by that is that if you carry on with your current run rather than ascending, you don't get any extra prestige boost yet. If you ascend right now, you will get 10% boost right away. That MAY bring forward the time at which you can ascend with a 20% boost over what you have right now.

Or it may not. The immediate increase in prestige multiplier is offset by the fact that on ascension you need to acquire all your buildings again to get to the same level as before and get the benefit of the extra prestige. Whether it's best to ascend or to wait depends on your current numbers, and I've discussed this quite a lot - maybe too much - on other threads such as the "Best time to ascend" thread so I don't really wish to repeat it here.

The point I was making is that your figure of 20% is just a figure plucked out of the air. My response is the same to people who always ascend at 10%, or at 50%. To ascend when your boost is 20% is one possible policy out of many, it's one perfectly feasible way of playing the game, but you haven't really given a reason why 20% is better than, say, 18%. In some circumstances it may be better, in others not.

I see. I just think the game would be more interesting if I could (at first) notice some form of speed up on the start of each ascension. Noticing the 20% increase would probably only last a very short while and eventually seem like the previous run in no time, but it's just giving me a little more incentive to continue at this point.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 2,398Member ✭✭✭
    i'm on hour 215 with 10.932 billion cps and 1.4 quadrillion baked overall. 10 ascension levels
    Completely vanilla

the simplest flavor
    cease your tomfoolery

• JezDavisJezDavis Posts: 218Member ✭✭✭

10% is quite noticeable. You have to remember that the 10% occurs at every point in the run, so every achievement comes a bit faster, meaning the next achievement comes a bit faster and so on.

I'm on 78 million prestige at the moment and my approach for a while now has been to get 100 dec progressively faster. I'm playing Bob's 'don't buy buildings' tactic at the moment. I reckon I'll hit 100 dec by the end of next week - total time for the run c. 1000h. Last run took 1200h so that's a 20% reduction in time for a 10% increase in prestige. I suspect it would be even sooner if I bought some buildings (presently 30 dec in the bank) but Bob's calculations seem to suggest not buying, selling at the end with Earth Shatterer aura and throwing in the chocoloate egg at the last moment will give the greatest increase in prestige across the whole run. So boring as it is, I'm giving that a go.
    ^^ Speaking of Chocolate Egg, how often does it happen? I only started to seriously take note of it in the last few runs, and in four runs I have got Choc Egg on just two of them. It's slightly annoying that because I don't have it yet I keep buying buildings, knowing that if I do get it it will mean it would have been better to leave those cookies in the bank.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 531Member ✭✭✭
    What do you mean you don't get it? You don't get all the eggs in the early stages?

It happens every time. You just select 'Easter' and blitz the wrinklers for a few hours until you get all the eggs. Obviously leave the chocolate one once it arrives.
  • EnsignRookEnsignRook Posts: 5Member
    I have Cookie Monster bookmarked so I can use it to check if I've gotten all holiday items after an reset. I'm far enough along that it doesn't offer any benefits other than that knowledge. I don't consider it cheating, since I have the info available in the upgrades section if I wasn't too lazy to count through those. The one shadow achievement I know I will never have is "Cheated cookies taste awful". On an unrelated note, I got an Eldeer combo while writing this and I am happy.
    edited May 2017
    I have actually gotten the "cheated cookies taste awful" acheivment, although it's hard to get without ruining your save.

I DID NOT HACK IN ANY COOKIES, I JUST FOUND HOW TO DO IT, THEN RESET MY SAVE. I DONT CHEAT OK?

Got a cookie storm while writing this
    cease your tomfoolery

• TraconTracon Posts: 9Member
    Long time lurker, never posted. I'm 7,008 hours in with 29 ascensions. I'm mostly an idle player with only 2,010 golden cookie clicks all time (The 7,777 achievement is going to be tough).

I just started a new ascension and this is the time I decided that I'm going for 300 prisms. I'm hoping to get to 300 in under 1,000 hours and then after that I think I'll start doing 500 hours per ascension and keep track of how many cookies I get in the 500 hours as motivation to be a little more active and hopefully (even though slowly) move closer and closer to the 7,777 golden cookies achievement.
    ^^ I have 6926 golden cookie clicks after a total of 7675 hours' playing time. I'll get the 7777 eventually, but I'm not bothered about hurrying for it. I certainly won't be striving hard for the one after that.
  • Kirby711Kirby711 Posts: 39Member ✭✭
    7675 hours
    wat
    The achievement should be called Goodbye Social Life
    Kirby711 said:

7675 hours
    wat
    The achievement should be called Goodbye Social Life

Ha ha. That's 7675 hours the game has been running, not 7675 hours of my own time spent staring at the screen clicking. I'm not that far gone yet.

^^ I have 6926 golden cookie clicks after a total of 7675 hours' playing time. I'll get the 7777 eventually, but I'm not bothered about hurrying for it. I certainly won't be striving hard for the one after that.

well there isn't an upgrade for the golden cookie when you hit 7,777...

yet
    cease your tomfoolery

• ViniVini Posts: 3,591Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

well there isn't an upgrade for the golden cookie when you hit 7,777...

yet

Never mind, I should git better at reading.
    But to be fair, there's no 777 GC upgrade either.
    Post edited by Vini on

Good point.
    cease your tomfoolery

Jez said:

I'm on 78 million prestige at the moment and my approach for a while now has been to get 100 dec progressively faster. I'm playing Bob's 'don't buy buildings' tactic at the moment. I reckon I'll hit 100 dec by the end of next week - total time for the run c. 1000h. Last run took 1200h so that's a 20% reduction in time for a 10% increase in prestige. I suspect it would be even sooner if I bought some buildings (presently 30 dec in the bank) but Bob's calculations seem to suggest not buying, selling at the end with Earth Shatterer aura and throwing in the chocoloate egg at the last moment will give the greatest increase in prestige across the whole run. So boring as it is, I'm giving that a go.
    I don't follow the 'don't buy buildings' thing. Buying buildings gives you primary momentum.

I don't follow the 'don't buy buildings' thing. Buying buildings gives you primary momentum.

I thought I had explained it fairly well, but I'll have another go:

If you have Choc Egg unlocked, at the end of the run when you buy it it will give you 5% of whatever cookies you have left sitting in the bank. Every time you use some of those cookies to buy a building, that's cookies that are gone from the bank. You can only get back a maximum of 85% of them at the end, so you have effectively lost 15% of them, reducing your boost at the end from choc egg.

The buildings you have bought will, granted, give you increased production (I think that's what you mean by "momentum"), but whether that makes up for the loss will depend on (a) how much increased production you are buying, and (b) how long that increased production is in effect - in other words, how long until the end of the run. That's what I was discussing in my earlier post.
  • PamlaPamla Posts: 7Member
    I am a 100% legit player, so I like this thread. :) After scrolling down I am a little bit shocked about your guys stats! I just got 6.842 Billions cookies in 4 hour o.o. Could someone tell me how to get faster cookies with a legit way? Ty <3

Greets, Pamla
    Pamla said:

I am a 100% legit player, so I like this thread. :) After scrolling down I am a little bit shocked about your guys stats! I just got 6.842 Billions cookies in 4 hour o.o. Could someone tell me how to get faster cookies with a legit way? Ty <3

Greets, Pamla</p>

It just takes time @Pamla. You leave the game running when you go off to do your daily stuff, come back and click for a while. Keep an eye on the legacy, read the threads here about ascending and you'll see what the good strategies are to waste entire years of your life build a bakery that produces heaps of cookies

• PamlaPamla Posts: 7Member

Pamla said:

Greets, Pamla</p>

It just takes time @Pamla. You leave the game running when you go off to do your daily stuff, come back and click for a while. Keep an eye on the legacy, read the threads here about ascending and you'll see what the good strategies are to waste entire years of your life build a bakery that produces heaps of cookies
    Thanks for this quick replay! After playing for 8 hours I already found out this point, but still thanks for mentioning it. I got already 200Billion cookies in 20 hours or so :P. Thanks for saying this point again!

Greets, PamlaNL
    edited June 2017
    In the early stages of the game you get the impression that the rate of production is more or less exponential. That comes from the fact that you keep acquiring upgrades, each of which doubles the production of the relevant building. Once you get all those upgrades, the rate of increase slows right down, as you can see from the graph above.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on
  • DatreborDatrebor Posts: 63Member ✭✭
    I tried the cheat, after saving my game, for infinity cookies and it became boring. So I reset my game and it back to being fun, for me, again. I'm going see about the cheated cookie taste awful award.
    How many cookies has everyone baked all time? I'm on 310 decillion atm.

How many cookies has everyone baked all time? I'm on 310 decillion atm.

250 Dec.

• DatreborDatrebor Posts: 63Member ✭✭
    1.334 Octillion
    677 Dec.