Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.



Check if you are posting in the correct category.



The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

12346»

Comments

  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,024Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭

    ^^ Am I the only one who turns off the display of the cursors? I found those moving fingers incredibly distracting, and was pleased when I discovered there was an option to turn them off. Same applies to the falling cookies. Not the milk though; I find the movement of the milk nice and restful.

    The back and forth shifting icons for the dragon and the santa get on my nerves a bit too, but they are not too bad, they are tucked away down in the corner.

    I like the look of having full circles of cursors, and the rotating pattern they click in. That also causes me to only buy them in groups of 50, so that I don't have any partial circles.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 240Member ✭✭✭
    I love the cursors how they move in waves. But I've turned them off bc I was having lots of lag and browser crashes which was a chrome issue I think.

  • JezJez Posts: 49Member ✭✭
    edited February 23
    ...and that's 'Hardcore' nailed: 257/258 and Milk at 1004%. *Now* begins the long climb to the Undecillions...

    ...although I never did get Speed baking III. Bit of luck involved with that one though. Maybe I'll have a couple of goes come Easter.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 352Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 24
    Jez said:

    ...and that's 'Hardcore' nailed: 257/258 and Milk at 1004%. *Now* begins the long climb to the Undecillions...

    ...although I never did get Speed baking III. Bit of luck involved with that one though. Maybe I'll have a couple of goes come Easter.

    Above my list of achievements it says 251/256. How come you have 258 possible achievements and I only have 256?

    ______________

    Edit: Ah OK, I found the answer. The shadow achievements are only counted in the second number after you have achieved them. Seems a strange way to do it, but that's what the Wikia says.
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    I got In the mouth of madness!

    The 100 decillion run took about 2700 hours, about a third of my total time. So that was a little under one decillion a day. I think the final speed could have been better if I had ascended more, even if it meant getting the achievement later. I know bob and others have a different ascension strategy from me, which might lead to getting Brought to you by the letter 🍪 sooner.

    I also never got Speed baking III. This might be a bit easier to get during Christmas, but it relies on some chance with the first few presents, and you might still need a Click frenzy. I haven't refreshed the page since December, so I can still try for it now, but I think if I start a real run and activate any seasons from the switcher then the two-month-long Christmas will come to an end.

    So Jez, I think I'm in the same place as you. I may give speed baking a few more tries, but I think it's the start of the long climb pretty soon. Maybe in a year we'll see who's closer.
  • JezJez Posts: 49Member ✭✭
    Yup. Where are you in terms of Prestige at the moment?
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    About 53 million, up from 34.8 million the last round. I probably could have got more by ascending more often, but now it's too late for it to be worth it. What about you?
  • JezJez Posts: 49Member ✭✭
    Nearly 72 million. The balancing act is to decide how long it's worth reincarnating for before just ploughing on and going for it. I think it'll definitely be worth ascending for a few times yet before going for the full Undecillion because, for example, it would probably take around 500 days at the present CPS - and I seriously can't be arsed with that.

    So thinking about it, the big question is how much time am I willing to give to the Undecillion run? Once I decide on that I can decide how many times to reincarnate in order to get the CPS to achieve it.
  • CookieCowCookieCow Posts: 5Member
    when i do a born again run to get achevements like hardcore do i need to get to 1 heavenly cookie before reincarnating to keep it?
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 352Member ✭✭✭
    CookieCow said:

    when i do a born again run to get achevements like hardcore do i need to get to 1 heavenly cookie before reincarnating to keep it?

    I believe not. Challenge mode runs are counted separately from normal runs. In "born again" you don't start with any achievements, but in your next normal run you will have all those achievements back again, plus whatever achievement you gained in the born again run.

  • CookieCowCookieCow Posts: 5Member
    edited March 1

    CookieCow said:

    when i do a born again run to get achevements like hardcore do i need to get to 1 heavenly cookie before reincarnating to keep it?

    I believe not. Challenge mode runs are counted separately from normal runs. In "born again" you don't start with any achievements, but in your next normal run you will have all those achievements back again, plus whatever achievement you gained in the born again run.

    cool, ill give rincarnation a try :D thx

    Edit; i tried it and you were right, kept achievement
    Post edited by CookieCow on
  • JezJez Posts: 49Member ✭✭
    Just out of interest, did you mean 1HC or 1 Prestige? I can see how someone might imagine 1 Prestige was a necessary, but HC's turn up every 7min by default, so really there's no effort involved.
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,024Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    Jez said:

    Just out of interest, did you mean 1HC or 1 Prestige? I can see how someone might imagine 1 Prestige was a necessary, but HC's turn up every 7min by default, so really there's no effort involved.

    I think you're confusing HCs with GCs. You get 1 HC per Prestige level.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • NavyDan1NavyDan1 Posts: 45Member ✭✭

    NavyDan1 said:

    Still waiting for my first

    How many hours have you been playing?

    Since shiny wrinkler spawning is random and very rare, it stands to reason that different players will have wildly different experiences in how long they take to get their first one or their second one.

    Sorry for taking so long to answer; 5,100+ hours so far.
  • JezJez Posts: 49Member ✭✭
    edited March 2
    Billabo said:

    Jez said:

    Just out of interest, did you mean 1HC or 1 Prestige? I can see how someone might imagine 1 Prestige was a necessary, but HC's turn up every 7min by default, so really there's no effort involved.

    I think you're confusing HCs with GCs. You get 1 HC per Prestige level.

    I think you're most definitely correct. That's what comes of posting with a belly full of beer and pasta.
  • JezJez Posts: 49Member ✭✭
    Still, the point I was thinking of was that, if you did have to get 1 HC before achievements 'held', each one currently takes me just over 15 Oct. I wouldn't like to think how long I'd need to play for in Challenge Mode before I got to 15 Oct from sctatch!
  • CookieCowCookieCow Posts: 5Member
    Jez said:

    Still, the point I was thinking of was that, if you did have to get 1 HC before achievements 'held', each one currently takes me just over 15 Oct. I wouldn't like to think how long I'd need to play for in Challenge Mode before I got to 15 Oct from sctatch!

    well you can "cheat, if you wait till just before you get 1 prestige/HC and then ascends then when you start you only have to get that which you were missing when you ascended instead of the full 15 Oct. but yeah it would still properly take you a month or two to get what you lacked. luckily you dont have to get 1 prestige/HC before ascending ;D
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 352Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    Jez said:

    Billabo said:

    Jez said:

    Just out of interest, did you mean 1HC or 1 Prestige? I can see how someone might imagine 1 Prestige was a necessary, but HC's turn up every 7min by default, so really there's no effort involved.

    I think you're confusing HCs with GCs. You get 1 HC per Prestige level.

    I think you're most definitely correct. That's what comes of posting with a belly full of beer and pasta.

    At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, I'd say the pasta was the innocent party in all this.
  • JezJez Posts: 49Member ✭✭
    CookieCow said:

    Jez said:

    Still, the point I was thinking of was that, if you did have to get 1 HC before achievements 'held', each one currently takes me just over 15 Oct. I wouldn't like to think how long I'd need to play for in Challenge Mode before I got to 15 Oct from sctatch!

    well you can "cheat, if you wait till just before you get 1 prestige/HC and then ascends then when you start you only have to get that which you were missing when you ascended instead of the full 15 Oct. but yeah it would still properly take you a month or two to get what you lacked. luckily you dont have to get 1 prestige/HC before ascending ;D
    Yes, I used that tactic to get the 100 Ascensions achievement. The only way you could make it achieveable in Challenge Mode would be to sell just about everything and creep it up to a few million off the next HC.

    But thankfully this is all academic, as you say. :-)
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 352Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    Almost 5000 playing hours clocked up - that milestone will have passed by the time I wake in the morning, so this seems a good time to post the current state of my game.

    Too bad the Microsoft Excel format does not appear to deal properly with Boolean variables. Most of the cells in which a "1" appears in fact contain a "TRUE" in my original spreadsheet.

    A word about the item "Approx. hours remaining", next to which are two numbers, one above the other. The first was based on an early formula that I generated, but I found it to be quite inaccurate and I'll remove this estimate after this run finishes. The second, showing 200 hours remaining, I believe is more accurate, but time will tell - literally. The cells to the right of those estimates give the estimated total time for the run, got by adding estimated hours remaining to hours already elapsed.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 352Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    And the latest from Chateau Bob:

    An operating system glitch, followed by a backup recovery process that did not quite recover everything, forced me to revert to my most recent CC "File Save", over two weeks old. I am now back near the last stage of run 20, having lost all of run 21.

    Grrrrrrrr.

    At least I was able to retrieve the latest version of my spreadsheet, having uploaded it to this forum the day before. That was a stroke of luck.

    I'll have the fun of doing Hardcore all over again. After I do that, I think I'll immediately go for the rapid dummy ascensions to get that 100-ascension achievement out of the way, before resuming regular runs.
  • Matt258Matt258 Posts: 37Member ✭✭
    1 Octillion today :) http://imgur.com/a/jPyiR
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 32Member ✭✭


  • jurejure Posts: 3Member
    edited March 23
    After years of gameplay... finally. http://i.imgur.com/my3A8mW.png

  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 352Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    @sky_shrimp: Is that your Kitten Overseer?
12346»
Sign In or Register to comment.