Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Jez said:

Why can I not delete this f**king comment?

Unfortunately, only staff can delete comments.

Blame Vanilla.

Let me add to this:
    While it might be possible to add user rights for people to delete their own posts, we won't change that.
    1. It would possibly would allow more drama sources as in "someone said something, then deleted it again" which would be a pain to check afterwards
    2. this forum requires you to think before you post. in case you made a mistake, you are able to edit it.
    3. accidently double posts (which can happen) can be deleted by request to any moderator

I editet this post because there is no need to create more off-topic content in here.
    Post edited by Chisako on
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited January 30
    Even if ascending makes you go 10% faster, you'll have to get 10% more Legacy which makes you 10% slower (back where you started).

We're just running around in circles like hamsters on a wheel.... but for years. Hehe

EDIT: Thinking about it, if you've just started playing and ascended at 2 cookies, 4, 8, 16 etc, you'd gain 100% 'speed ups' really quickly on each ascension. A newbie mistake would be to rack up a large amount of cookies on the first run, which would take considerably longer to double, or am I wrong?
    Post edited by sky_shrimp on
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Even if ascending makes you go 10% faster, you'll have to get 10% more Legacy which makes you 10% slower (back where you started).

We're just running around in circles like hamsters on a wheel.... but for years. Hehe

EDIT: Thinking about it, if you've just started playing and ascended at 2 cookies, 4, 8, 16 etc, you'd gain 100% 'speed ups' really quickly on each ascension. A newbie mistake would be to rack up a large amount of cookies on the first run, which would take considerably longer to double, or am I wrong?

Wrong on several counts.

Firstly, ascending gives you no advantage at all until you have at least one prestige point, which requires 10^12 cookies.

Second, "100% 'speed ups' really quickly on each ascension" is pretty meaningless, because it ignores how long each run takes. I think you would find that if you adopt a blind strategy of ascending each time your cookies double, the runs would get longer and longer.

Thirdly, what's so special about doubling? Why not tripling, or quadrupling? Or multiplying by 1.5, or 1.2? the fact is, there is nothing magic about any of these numbers.

The right time to ascend is when the benefit from increased prestige (and possibly heavenly chips) outweighs the disadvantage of having to acquire your buildings and upgrades all over again. I've made lots of posts about where I think this point is, and so have many other people; I don't wish to repeat myself, so read some of those posts.
    Ops, I meant prestige not cookies. I was drunk posting XD

Ops, I meant prestige not cookies. I was drunk posting XD

I guessed that, which answers my first point. However the rest of my post still stands.

I just noticed that I've been playing for 8k hours o_0

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

This confuses me. I've been playing for 6510 hours, but I have more than double your multiplier (98 trillion compared to your 43). However I have ascended >100 times. Could that explain the difference?

Do you have golden switch on?
    edited February 5

This confuses me. I've been playing for 6510 hours, but I have more than double your multiplier (98 trillion compared to your 43). However I have ascended >100 times. Could that explain the difference?

Judging by the number of cookie clicks, sky_shrimp plays a lot more actively than adam. shrimp is missing out on something though. With 25% more cookies all-time than adam, prestige should result in a multiplier several % greater than adam has. shrimp must be missing some important heavenly upgrade, or perhaps is not using golden switch.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    -nevermind-
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    My stats with golden switch on,

• JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 160 ✭✭
    So you've got what: 6 million or so Prestige waiting for collection? I bet you passed 1.6 Oct CPS about two weeks ago too. It starts to go pretty slowly at around this point, doesn't it?

If I were you I'd be ascending any time now.
  • CookieCowCookieCow Member Posts: 5
    so im a fairly new player and has been lurking arround the forum, and i gathered i should make my first ascend at around 300 prestige (well i did ascend at 1 because im an idiot, but first ascend that will mean anything) and as i get closer to the magic number im wondering if there is any recomendations on what to spend my heavenly chips on?
  • CookieCowCookieCow Member Posts: 5
    thx ^^
    edited February 12
    Just got my second shiny wrinkler, after 4451 hours' playing time!

Just got my second shiny wrinkler, after 4451 hours' playing time!

IKR? I got excited when it only took 6600 hours to get my third

• NavyDan1NavyDan1 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Still waiting for my first
    NavyDan1 said:

Still waiting for my first

How many hours have you been playing?

Since shiny wrinkler spawning is random and very rare, it stands to reason that different players will have wildly different experiences in how long they take to get their first one or their second one.

I think I've had two in 15,000h.
    I guess the more often you pop wrinklers, the more new ones spawn, and the more often you are likely to get a shiny wrinkler. Not that I'm suggesting you should pop them for that reason, but as I have said a number of times I think most people wait unnecessarily long before popping them.
    I decided to keep this shiny for the duration of this run. I just popped it to see how much it was hoarding and got 2.3 decillion. I love being able to refresh the page and they come back... I used to pop them after only a couple of hours just in case the browser crashed

edited February 17
    I have just got Hardcore, having recently taken an inventory of the achievements I did not have yet, and realising that that one would be relatively easy to get. I wish I had known about it when I started the game,instead of having to do a Born Again Challenge Mode run to get it.

Just for the fun of it, I'll probably do another Born Again run to get those shadow achievements, one million in 25 minutes or whatever it is. I don't know why they are shadow; it can't be that hard to get them if you do a bit of clicking. Again, that's something I could have done on the very first run if I had known about it. Of course I probably could not have got those achievements AND the Hardcore on the first run.

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭

Just for the fun of it, I'll probably do another Born Again run to get those shadow achievements, one million in 25 minutes or whatever it is. I don't know why they are shadow; it can't be that hard to get them if you do a bit of clicking.

Speed Baking I and II are easy, but Speed Baking III is very hard unless it's Christmas! You only get 2 golden cookies, and if the first one is a lucky, you pretty much have no chance.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154

I have just got Hardcore

Which one is that?

I have just got Hardcore

Which one is that?
    One billion cookies with no upgrades. Easy to get, you just have to wait long enough - though of course a good buying strategy hastens the process.

I found that I had to get to the level of one Wizard Tower, after which I reached the target quite quickly.
    Dunnit.

"I'd like the thank the Academy..."

edited February 22
    ...and again. 100th Ascension. Now the long climb to the Undecillions.

Post edited by JezDavis on
    edited February 22
    ^^ Am I the only one who turns off the display of the cursors? I found those moving fingers incredibly distracting, and was pleased when I discovered there was an option to turn them off. Same applies to the falling cookies. Not the milk though; I find the movement of the milk nice and restful.

The back and forth shifting icons for the dragon and the santa get on my nerves a bit too, but they are not too bad, they are tucked away down in the corner.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on
    I don't turn the cursors off altogether, though I do turn 'fancy graphics' off, so my cursors don't move. I also turn off the falling cookies and particles, but I keep the milk on for the same reason as you. Chocolate milk. Mmmmmm. Like chocolate.