Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 393Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jez said:

I am currently at 6,096 hours with 727 heavenly chips and 0 ascensions and 35 trillion Cps. I don't know what happens after I ascend and at this point I'm afraid to ask. I wanted to ascend at 1,000 but it looks like it might take a few more months. Will all of my cookies and buildings get wiped out? Do I get to keep my Cookies per second?

Wow. You've played for half of my total time and haven't ascended yet? I've ascended 49 times in total, and I have 52.494 million HC to your 727.

If your numbers are right it reads to me like you should ascend. To be honest, unless I've misunderstood it reads to me like you haven't realised that ascending is an integral part of the game. Ascend and I'm guessing you'll hit that 1,000 target within hours.
    Indeed. Even without spending any heavenly chips, just the increased CpS from prestige alone makes it ridiculous not to ascend immediately. But of course you should use those chips for heavenly upgrades, and the very first heavenly upgrade you buy should be the "Permanent Upgrade Slot", into which you should install the highest "fingers" upgrade you have achieved - quadrillion fingers, quintillion fingers or whatever.

I can't help thinking there is something seriously wrong with your buying strategy though. 727 is about the same level at which I ascended for the first time, and I got to that point in 793 hours, without any clicking of the big cookie at all. Are you maybe buying too many of some buildings and not enough of others? Missing out on valuable upgrades because you are buying the first thing available rather than saving cookies for things that give a big boost to production? Shit, I'm starting to sound like an advertisement here. People here will willingly give free advice to newbies - if you haven't ascended yet, maybe you could post your game code for us to comment on.

Post edited by bob_32_116 on
  • youmaybreakityoumaybreakit Posts: 2Member
    I am currently at 6,096 hours with 727 heavenly chips and 0 ascensions and 35 trillion Cps. I don't know what happens after I ascend and at this point I'm afraid to ask. I wanted to ascend at 1,000 but it looks like it might take a few more months. Will all of my cookies and buildings get wiped out? Do I get to keep my Cookies per second?

Jez said:

Wow. You've played for half of my total time and haven't ascended yet? I've ascended 49 times in total, and I have 52.494 million HC to your 727.

If your numbers are right it reads to me like you should ascend. To be honest, unless I've misunderstood it reads to me like you haven't realised that ascending is an integral part of the game. Ascend and I'm guessing you'll hit that 1,000 target within hours.
    Indeed. Even without spending any heavenly chips, just the increased CpS from prestige alone makes it ridiculous not to ascend immediately. But of course you should use those chips for heavenly upgrades, and the very first heavenly upgrade you buy should be the "Permanent Upgrade Slot", into which you should install the highest "fingers" upgrade you have achieved - quadrillion fingers, quintillion fingers or whatever.

I can't help thinking there is something seriously wrong with your buying strategy though. 727 is about the same level at which I ascended for the first time, and I got to that point in 793 hours, without any clicking of the big cookie at all. Are you maybe buying too many of some buildings and not enough of others? Missing out of valuable upgrades because you are buying the first thing available rather than saving cookies for things that give a big boost to production? Shit, I'm starting to sound like an advertisement here. People here will willingly give free advice to newbies - if you haven't ascended yet, maybe you could post your game code for us to comment on.

Thanks for the advice about what to do with slots. I don't have any wrinklers and I am at sextillion fingers and 67 prisms. I was planning on getting 100 of each building before ascending, but it is taking incredibly long to get there and to afford the next upgrades. Here is my game code

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%3D%3D%21END%21
    edited November 2016
    OK, I just loaded your game code.

First thing I see is that your allocation of buildings is very unbalanced. What I mean by that is that, as a general rule, the next thing you buy should be the thing that gives you best "value for money", i.e. the best increase in production for the number of cookies it costs you. This is easy to calculate roughly; the screen tells you what the cost of the next building is, and by hovering over the building you can see how much each of that building is producing. If you adopt this strategy it results in a pattern where the quantities of the buildings decrease as you down the list; you might have 200 cursors, 180 grandmas, 160 farms, 154 mines, 149 factories, etc etc, down to prisms which will be the smallest number. You'll be struggling to get 100 prisms on the first run. As you will have noticed, the buildings become progressively harder to get. I only got 55 prisms on my first run... but right now on my 12th run I have 220 of the buggers, and I am only 2200 hours into the game as against your 6096.

Next thing I notice is that you have not bought "One Mind". Don't be afraid of this; despite all the warnings in red text, this is in fact very good to get because it allows wrinklers to start spawning. You can read lots of info about wrinklers in other people's posts, but in summary: wrinklers "eat into" your CpS, giving the impression that you are producing less, but in fact they hoard cookies, and when you eventually pop them, you get back all the cookies eaten by the wrinkler, plus a LOT more. We are talking about a factor of 6 in most cases.

What I would do: now that you have got this far, ascend now rather than trying to fix up this run... but on future runs, follow those pieces of advice. And don't shy away from One Mind. The wrinklers are ghastly looking things, but they are actually very good for you.

• FireomoFireomo Posts: 3Member
    I have played for 1 hour bc i just started today and i have 8,085.6 cookies per sec
    Click on my Dragon to help it grow!
    Adopt one today!
  • Donut_200Donut_200 Posts: 3Member
    Started 93 hours ago, 119,456,266cps
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    I just got 300 prisms.
  • MillBurrayMillBurray Posts: 9Member
    I'm one of you guys, never ever cheated or used any add-on : baked 3e+33 cookies, aiming for 300 AC but it's too long so I don't play much these days
  • LumaLuma Posts: 2Member
    Used to play all the time, took years worth of a leave and then came back to the game, making a new profile cause meh, and this is what I have within around a month's worth of time of pure vanilla.

Current CPS: 7.336 Septillion
    Cookies Baked All Time:8.918 Nonillion
    Legacy Started: 813 Hours ago, with 20 ascensions

Is this decent?

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%3D%3D%21END%21
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 265Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I think you have too many cursors, unless you were going for the 400 achievement just now. Is there a reason you have all buidlings exactly in hundreds?

If you calculate the relative value of each building (xCPS/prismCPS x prism cost... if total is lower than building cost then it is better value than buying a prism) you will find that you have probably bought too many of some of the cheaper buildings and too few of the more expensive ones. It helps to draw up a spreadsheet at this stage to easily calculate these ratios. I've attached my spreadsheet to this post, but mine is the most simple way and does not predict CPS changes thanks to synergies. In other words, I buy a building, measure the CPS change then put it into the spreadsheet to see how the other sums change. Bob has an extraordinary spreadsheet here which attempts to predict value based on synergies etc.

Have a play around with these ideas and see how your bakery looks after that.

• LumaLuma Posts: 2Member
    I'll look at that spreadsheet for future reference, thank you very much. I can't really stand having anything less than in intervals of 10, so that's my reason for it looking like that. As for the buildings bought, I was originally planning to just quickly buy relatively cheaper buildings for an idle session overnight, then forgot to ascend today as I was going to start on farming for the "Reincarnation" achievement but oh well, I'll just get it tomorrow I suppose.
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    You know how there's 12 wrinklers like a clock face?

I've set a rule where I can only burst a wrinkler between 5 minutes to the hour and on the hour. That's a 5 minute window if I remember after work awhile browsing the net. The golden cookie sound reminds me to check the time (if I bother) :)

For instance, if it's between 5 minutes to 6pm and 6pm, I can only burst the wrinkler facing 6pm. If I miss it by a minute, I'll have to wait until it's either 6pm/am to pop that specific wrinkler again, but it will build up more cookies as I'm waiting.

If I get drunk one night, I might go ahead and pop them all. If I do that, I have a second rule where I can't pop a wrinkler for 7 days :D

It's keeps the game interesting for me or I'll just stop playing. For some reason, I still want to see infinite cookies.

Cookies baked all time is currently 86.25 decillion.

Luma said:

I'll look at that spreadsheet for future reference, thank you very much. I can't really stand having anything less than in intervals of 10, so that's my reason for it looking like that.

Buying buildings in blocks of 10 or 100 makes perfect sense when cookies are accruing as fast as you can spend them, or nearly so. However if you can afford one or two of a building, it's pointless holding off buying them merely because you can't afford to buy 10.

• PJ_SCOTT_35PJ_SCOTT_35 Posts: 3Member
    I ascended for the first time an hour ago and I already have the final stage of the gramdmapcolypse and I don't know how people cheat
  • will5kwill5k Posts: 1Member
    edited November 2016
    Wow, I just read this whole thread and I found it incredibly interesting. I'm pretty excited to get started with this game and hopefully full clear it some day. I currently have 24 hours with 2 trillion cookies all time, am I doing alright?
    edited November 2016
    Just got Reverse Shadows for the first time, on run 14, after 2659 hours' play in total.

This is significant because it's the last of the producer doubling upgrades, hence it could be considered to be where "end-game" starts - though I do not yet have the second book of synergies, which should give a significant boost. After that, though, it will just be a matter of repeatedly picking the best time to ascend, and then ascending, until I get bored of it.

My current production is more than 3 times the average production for the run, indicating that I have a long way to go before I should think of ascending. This run, which has already lasted 213 hours, looks set to be the longest run so far, not counting the first run which was somewhat atypical at 750 hours.
  • AgubhaguAgubhagu Posts: 560Member ✭✭✭

Just got Reverse Shadows for the first time, on run 14, after 2659 hours' play in total.

This is significant because it's the last of the producer doubling upgrades, hence it could be considered to be where "end-game" starts - though I do not yet have the second book of synergies, which should give a significant boost. After that, though, it will just be a matter of repeatedly picking the best time to ascend, and then ascending, until I get bored of it.

My current production is more than 3 times the average production for the run, indicating that I have a long way to go before I should think of ascending. This run, which has already lasted 213 hours, looks set to be the longest run so far, not counting the first run which was somewhat atypical at 750 hours.

i think that's the start of the late-game

eventually TM
    sarcasm is the best thing since the last best thing*
    """My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge
    *sarcasm
  • andgu3andgu3 Posts: 7Member

The game simplifies a lot after 250 prisms as there's no more upgrades available after that. You'll probably have virtually all of the prestige upgrades by then too. Then it's just a case of getting more HC to go faster.

Say you had a prestige level of 10 million and generated 1 million HC on that ascension. You'll go 10% faster the next time you ascend as the buildings will produce 10% more cookies per second.

I think that's about right. I have 273 prisms with 15 ascensions atm. Maybe Orteil is using our PCs to secretly mine Bitcoins with CC. He's probably sitting on his own private beach somewhere sipping on cocktails!

I've had that same exact thought tbh, I mean I would if I were him. Heck if he told us he was I wouldn't even complain
    edited December 2016
    I just got my first shiny wrinkler after 3061 hours of playing time.

When I was working out a formula for how long to leave wrinklers before popping them, I briefly considered what the correct strategy is for shiny wrinklers. Some people say you should leave them as long as possible, but to me they are just another wrinkler except three times more productive, therefore like any other wrinkler there comes a time when they should be popped to take advantage of all those hoarded cookies, which can then be used to increase production by other means.

My initial feeling, borne out by my formula, is that a shiny wrinkler should be allowed to live for about three times as long as a normal one. This makes sense, as from the point of view of production a shiny wrinkler can be thought of as three normal ones sitting side by side, and after popping it the time taken to regain that lost wrinkler production is given by how long it takes three new wrinklers to spawn, which is approximately (not exactly) three times the spawn time for a single wrinkler.
    edited December 2016
    I have now reached just over 1 decillion after 3128 hours' play, with hardly any clicking of the big cookie. The only times I have done so are by accident (eg. when chasing a fading golden cookie) or during a click frenzy.

Also just reached the 5000 buildings point.

• ManiklasManiklas Posts: 1,157Member ✭✭✭
    I'm playing a no-clicking round of cookie clicker, I started a week ago and I'm at about 1 trillion and my best buildings are 5 portals.
    I have messed around with sesame before but wiped my save since then, does it still count?
    Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
    The world may never know
    "You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
    "Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
    Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
    I lost a few days production this week after I left my laptop under the air conditioner and some water from condensation dripped down and fried it. The HDD was salvageable so I got my latest save off that, looked like I lost about 2dec cookies. No big deal at this stage, just means a couple of extra days before I get to 100 decillion which will take many weeks or months yet anyway (currently at 40dec on a run started 1900 hours ago).

^^ Fried cookies!
    I thought this graph might also be of interest: CpS boost for each ascension.

The Y axis gives the prestige-based increased in CpS for the run over that of the previous run. (Ignore the low value for run 17; this is because this is the current run and is nowhere near finished yet.)

Comments:

- Big upward leaps from one run to the next indicate occasions when a major milestone was first reached, giving a big increase: kitten upgrades, prism upgrades, synergies, radiant appetite etc.

- Despite these jumps it's clear that the general trend is down, and should continue to go down now that I have the final prism upgrade (Reverse Shadows) so I can say i am now in the endgame.
    The game is starting to get a bit predictable and boring. I'm convinced that my playing strategy is as good as it can be without cheating, and without clicking the big cookie except during a click frenzy or the like. I'm not sure whether I will bother persisting to get the final few achievements.

One thing I may try on the next run is playing with different auras. I am convinced that radiant appetite and breath of milk are the two best auras to have, at least for my playing style, but trying the others would be something interesting to do.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Posts: 31Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ELDEER GET YAYYYY

really quickly too. I tried to synch up the cookie and reindeer spawns and BAM it happened right there

now completion is in front of me. just need the ascensions and the last 2 total cookie categories now. and of course antimatter and prism last stage
  • Matt258Matt258 Posts: 37Member ✭✭
    I am back after 1 year of not playing. I used to make videos when I would make a reset for Heavenly Chips. Here is my Stats right now: When should I make my next reset?
  • SSJRemukoSSJRemuko Posts: 1Member
    854 days in. 18 Ascensions. No cheats. Currently sitting at over 300 over every building and over 500 cursors and grandmas. things are slow cuz im too lazy to click golden cookies so i just have radiant apetite, breath of milk, and golden switch on constantly.
  • JezJez Posts: 60Member ✭✭
    I'm somewhere similar: the infinitely-long endgame. I reset three hours ago and I'm working towards the last four achievements - which I won't get on this ascension. To keep my interest I'm keeping an eye on the CPS and seeing how fast I can get to 2 oct. Instinct tells me that once I can get to that within c.6 hours of starting then the 100 decillion achievement should be worth going for on that run.

*Drip, drip, drip...*
    Jez said:

I'm somewhere similar: the infinitely-long endgame. I reset three hours ago and I'm working towards the last four achievements - which I won't get on this ascension. To keep my interest I'm keeping an eye on the CPS and seeing how fast I can get to 2 oct. Instinct tells me that once I can get to that within c.6 hours of starting then the 100 decillion achievement should be worth going for on that run.

*Drip, drip, drip...*

How much different does it make after reset at this stage? I have almost 12 million prestige currently earned, to add to the 30 odd million I have from previous ascensions. I reckon this shouldn't have much of an impact since my current multiplier is 68.303 trillion %, so adding 11 million % to that shouldn't change it at all. Are you noticing a boost in CPS any more?

• JezJez Posts: 60Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

How much different does it make after reset at this stage? I have almost 12 million prestige currently earned, to add to the 30 odd million I have from previous ascensions. I reckon this shouldn't have much of an impact since my current multiplier is 68.303 trillion %, so adding 11 million % to that shouldn't change it at all. Are you noticing a boost in CPS any more?

Not much, but there is an increase. I don't save huge amounts of data from my ascensions but I do save final screenshots. Stupidly, I forgot to save the one before last but if I look at the data before my 50th and 52nd ascensions I can see that the multiplier has gone from 111 trillion% to 127 trillion%. I think that's a bit deceptive though, because you have to remember that that acts at every moment of the run, so every milestone comes a bit faster, meaning the next milestone comes that bit faster again - compound interest, if you like. For example, if we compare my final CPS readings:

49th ascension: 2.055 oct after 1,033 hours
    51st ascension: 2.258 oct after 498 hours

you can see I've got c.12.5% higher in slightly under half the time. That's the way I'm playing at the moment, as I said. A couple more ascensions might make the 100 decillion achievement feasible in one run.

Hope that makes sense.