Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

Comments

• NavyDan1NavyDan1 Posts: 45Member ✭✭
    Wow, I thought this was just a game, not math class!
    (Jk)
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    How long do you all wait between ascensions? It takes me 8 days to get 15% of my prestige level in HCs without cheats.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 244Member ✭✭✭
    I used to only go a couple of days until I got resurrection, now I'm just saving HCs to buy the last upgrade. Been on this run about 2 weeks, have almost 4 million HCs earned with 22million total. I was just thinking about ascending but my total multiplier is 43.325 trillion so an extra 4 million will not be noticeable, might as well wait until I have the 7 million I need.

If you've made 4 mill and have 22 mill total, ascending should give you a 18% boost, as in each building should give you 18% more cookies, or have I got it wrong?
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 362Member ✭✭✭

If you've made 4 mill and have 22 mill total, ascending should give you a 18% boost, as in each building should give you 18% more cookies, or have I got it wrong?

Nothing wrong with that reasoning. the thing is, though, on ascension you start again with nothing, or almost nothing. The question is, is the 18% boost sufficient compensation for that? In the early stages of the game, with the number of ascensions in single digits, the answer is: certainly not. In the later stages, after many ascensions, I suppose it's possible - I'll have to wait and see how the game behaves after a large number of ascensions, but I suspect not.

What is your current CpS, including what is being stored by wrinklers?

My CpS with the BoM and RA auras is 374 septillion per second atm with 19 ascensions, so each golden cookie frenzy gives me 2.618 octillion per second. I'm 4,482 hours into the game.

I have 12 wrinklers and pop one an hour if I remember to. If it's gone 12:00 and I forget to pop the wrinkler facing 12:00 for that hour, I leave it brewing till next time :) They usually give me about 150 nonillion each pop per hour, depending on how active I am with golden cookie clicks.

I stay on One Mind and ignore Wrath cookies unless I'm on a frenzy, so I don't miss on the combos.

I wait until I have at least 20% before ascending.

What's your CpS and how many ascensions have you done? Do you have all the kittens yet?
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,029Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    You ignore the chance of Eldeer? Weird.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • Govedo_xaosGovedo_xaos Posts: 1Member
    I'm at a bit over 770 sept per sec, 9176 hours in with 47 ascensions. Prestige lvl 34.9mill with 1.8mill on this run. 49.85 dec baked all time.
    Figured there would be very few people playing with no cheats.
    I'm just idling the game now, popping wrinklers occasionally.
    Sorry skyshrimp, my question "What's your current CpS' was meant to be addressed to adam_antichrist.
    I have 775.188sept CPS and twelve wrinklers with all the upgrades which I believe means total CPS of 7.078oct but INFI if that is correct.

Billabo said:

Yeah, Eldeer isn't much without a frenzy and it minimises the chance of Ruins and Clots.

I have 775.188sept CPS and twelve wrinklers with all the upgrades which I believe means total CPS of 7.078oct but INFI if that is correct.

7.078 oct looks about right.

OK, according to my calculations your average CpS over the run is about 5.78 octillion.
    Your current CpS is 1.24 times that.
    I'd say it's about the right time to ascend, though I would have waited a little longer, till your CpS boost from prestige becomes something close to that figure.

• BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,029Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭

Billabo said:

Yeah, Eldeer isn't much without a frenzy and it minimises the chance of Ruins and Clots.

Oh, I missed the "unless I'm on a frenzy" part. I personally would still click wrath cookies since they can give Lucky, Click Frenzy, Elder Frenzy, and overall the effects will be positive, but I understand not wanting a cookie chain to break your combo.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Posts: 31Member ✭✭
    cheating makes the entire thing pointless. wouldn't consider it, ever. people cheating aren't even playing this game!

I'm 246/256 and 6,4 million prestige... and only 2000 golden cookies away.
  • NavyDan1NavyDan1 Posts: 45Member ✭✭
    The only cheat I ever did was to spawn a golden cookie early, just to get the Cheated Cookies Taste Awful shadow achievement.

I have 775.188sept CPS.

What auras do you use dude?

Breath of milk and radiant appetite

Breath of milk and radiant appetite

I agree these are the best. Breath of milk will be the first one you get. When you can offord to, replace it with radiant appetite, then make breath of milk your secondary aura when the time comes.

I found that Elder Battalion was good value for a brief time in the early runs, but once you get a few ascensions under your belt RA blows away everything else.
    edited September 2016
    What drives you guys to keep playing? I'd like to see the game end with infinite cookies when it hits the max count that the code can reach.

It's quite sad when you think about it, but I want to hit it because potato.

What drives you guys to keep playing? I'd like to see the game end with infinite cookies when it hits the max count that the code can reach.

It's quite sad when you think about it, but I want to hit it because potato.

In my case, the analysis of strategy is what keeps me interested. I probably would have got bored long ao if i had just kept on clicking and buying things without any clear plan how to get the most in the shortest time.

It's a bit like doing a crossword; the fun is in solving it. When it's finished, there is not much fun in just looking at the words you have entered.
  • ToadieToadie Posts: 2Member
    edited September 2016
    Another potatoe head here, which has never used an auto clicker or cheated in any way.

I'm currently just letting the game run - most of the time offline, since there isn't really much to do with active clicking :(

Cookie Backed all time: 38.934 decillion
    Legacy started: a long while ago with 100 ascensions
    Cookies per Second: 966.407 spetillion (regular no cookie effects active)
    Prestige Upgrades 59/59
    regular Upgrades 319/319
    Achievements 257/259 (1000% milk)
    7 shadow achievements (Speed backing 1-3), True Netherclick, God Complex, Just plain lucky, last chance to see

Motivation was/is to get all achievements. However getting those last 2 seems pretty boring and far away without cheating/auto-clicking :(

Potato reporting in.

I just got Distilled Essence of Redoubled Luck on a Frenzy which gave me over 3 decillion in seconds. Currently on 53 decillion baked all time with 20 ascensions.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Posts: 14Member
    edited October 2016
    I tried cheating once. The entire fun is literally over in a matter of minutes.
    How far in the game: 705 days with 127 ascensions. With 19,4 M HC, it usually takes me 5-6 days to reach 2 % Reset Bonus Income, by which time I usually have some 285 Prisms.

Last 3 achievements seem like a solar system away, but still you keep on clicking :D
  • dr_flashdr_flash Posts: 14Member
    Base CPS is now 755 Sept, using Breath of Milk and Radiant Appetite. I always used to have Dragonflight instead of Breath of Milk, nice idea!

Potato reporting in.

I just got Distilled Essence of Redoubled Luck on a Frenzy which gave me over 3 decillion in seconds. Currently on 53 decillion baked all time with 20 ascensions.

I've not seen anyone yet describe this. So is there something that indicates you got the distilled essence bonus or you just get a big whack of cookies?

• ViniVini Posts: 2,016Member ✭✭✭✭

Potato reporting in.

I've not seen anyone yet describe this. So is there something that indicates you got the distilled essence bonus or you just get a big whack of cookies?
    DEoRL spawns an extra Golden/Wrath Cookie or Reindeer if it activates.

• youmaybreakityoumaybreakit Posts: 2Member
    I am currently at 6,096 hours with 727 heavenly chips and 0 ascensions and 35 trillion Cps. I don't know what happens after I ascend and at this point I'm afraid to ask. I wanted to ascend at 1,000 but it looks like it might take a few more months. Will all of my cookies and buildings get wiped out? Do I get to keep my Cookies per second?
  • 222lawlawlawl_games222lawlawlawl_games Posts: 292Member ✭✭
    you get to keep all of your achievements, you restart with 0 cps and you get heavenly chips to spend on stuff that will benefit you in all later runs.
    edited October 2016

I am currently at 6,096 hours with 727 heavenly chips and 0 ascensions and 35 trillion Cps. I don't know what happens after I ascend and at this point I'm afraid to ask. I wanted to ascend at 1,000 but it looks like it might take a few more months. Will all of my cookies and buildings get wiped out? Do I get to keep my Cookies per second?

Do you have wrinklers active? If so, does your figure of 35 trillion CpS refer to total CpS from buildings before the wrinklers get to it, CpS after wrinkler withering, or CpS including wrinkler hoarding? These three quantities are in the ratio 1:0.5:6, assuming you have 10 wrinklers.

6.096 hours is a long time to reach 727. Those 727 will boost your CpS after ascension by a factor over 7. Your current CpS is now only double your average CpS for the entire run, so waiting any longer to ascend makes no sense. HOWEVER I need to qualify that by saying that the total CpS including wrinkler hoarding is the number that is relevant. If that is something other than 35 trillion, that will change the equation.

• JezJez Posts: 52Member ✭✭

Wow. You've played for half of my total time and haven't ascended yet? I've ascended 49 times in total, and I have 52.494 million HC to your 727.

If your numbers are right it reads to me like you should ascend. To be honest, unless I've misunderstood it reads to me like you haven't realised that ascending is an integral part of the game. Ascend and I'm guessing you'll hit that 1,000 target within hours.