Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Non-Cheaters Thread

sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 36Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Is anyone else playing this vanilla without using any cheats or auto clicker etc?

I'm 2,700 hours in with 9 ascensions. My CPS is 15 septillion.

Edit: (math was way off) I usually ascend whenever I get over 10% my HC (currently 3 million) which seems to take about 4 days atm.

I just leave Cookie Clicker open awhile browsing now with Golden Switch on and let the 12 Wrinklers do the work. I pop them every 12 hours to get around 20 nonillion a day. If I'm bored I use Elder Covenant to appease the grannies and wait for some Frenzy / Dragon Flight combos.

I'll call the game completed when I get infinite cookies. Is that at 100 decillion?

How far are you into the game?
Post edited by sky_shrimp on

Comments

• CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,335Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not using any cheats, except for giving myself the "cheated cookies taste awful" shadow achievement.

I don't think infinite cookies is actually possible anymore.

I'm at 3.643 decillion cookies right now.
  • sky_shrimpsky_shrimp Posts: 36Member ✭✭
    I think I recall reading that Javascript code can only count to a certain figure, which leads to infinite cookies.
  • ExplodingCamelExplodingCamel Posts: 7,477Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

I think I recall reading that Javascript code can only count to a certain figure, which leads to infinite cookies.

Correct
    Also infinite cookies is way past 100 decillion
    Like way way way way past that
    I'm just swapped Dragon Flight for Breath of Milk and got a 31% CPS increase which is nice. This goes well with Radiant Appetite as a second Aura with Golden Switch on.

• BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 8,040Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I came to this thread although I cheated on my girlfriend.

On a sidenote, I played it without cheats, got bored later.
    Post edited by Brainstorm on
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
  • EyesEyes Posts: 1Member
    14,369 hours with 67 ascensions.

5.5 decillion baked all time, 17.6m HC

I mostly just idle and click a bit here and there. Just got 300 anti-matter last reset, next stop is 300 prisms... gonna take a while...
  • moosernamemoosername Posts: 58Member ✭✭
    Do you consider Frozen Cookies with a golden cookie autoclick cheating?
    In this thread? Yes

In this thread? Yes

So, does "non cheater thread" mean no addons at all or can you use Cookie Monster?
  • loedownloedown Posts: 62Member ✭✭
    140 Septillion CPS with 37 Ascensions, 11.269 Million HC

I did cheat using an auto clicker on the old version but stayed true on this one

In this thread? Yes

So, does "non cheater thread" mean no addons at all or can you use Cookie Monster?
    No addons at all.

In this thread? Yes

No addons at all.
    Why are you so hardcore vanilla?
  • MoemMoem Posts: 42Member ✭✭
    Some people enjoy the game more by playing it that way. That's the whole point after all: enjoying the game.
  • TakeActionWAHMTakeActionWAHM Posts: 6Member
    7883 hours, 1 ascension, no cheats or add-ons. When I first started almost a year ago, I only played a couple of days and then long story short, just started playing again about 2 weeks ago. I haven't and don't plan on using any cheats. I also don't really have any idea what I'm doing or how to do it best, but I like watching the numbers get bigger.
    Dragon Flight seems pointless in the new version. There are other frenzy combos that almost match that aura. I think Breath of Milk is still best with Radiant Appetite.

Would you agree?
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,050Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭

Dragon Flight seems pointless in the new version. There are other frenzy combos that almost match that aura. I think Breath of Milk is still best with Radiant Appetite.

Would you agree?

The more good combos the better. Without Dragonflight, you're more likely to just get a Lucky.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    edited August 2016
    I've stopped using golden switch atm as I can get what I idle in 10 hours in 1 hour with golden cookie clicks. I stayed at One Mind on this ascension. I seem to get the Dragonflight combo maybe once an hour if I'm lucky and I'm missing out on the constant 30%+ CPS boost from Breath of Milk in the meantime.

I currently get about 95 octillion a cookie click with Dragonflight. The last combo I got was one of the new synergy/frenzy combos which gave me 26 octillion a second. With Breath of Milk, it shot to around 35 octillion. The new boosts are more frequent so Breath of Milk seems to match or exceed Dragonflight.

I'm 5 nonillion away from making my first decillion cookies in bank. I read on Reddit that you get infinite cookies at 11 undecillion.

Edit: Turning on Golden Switch on during Time Jam reduced the price from 3 nonillion to 12 octillion.
    Post edited by sky_shrimp on
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,050Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Billabo said:

Would you agree?

The more good combos the better. Without Dragonflight, you're more likely to just get a Lucky.
    That said, I'm not using Dragonflight because of how much time I spend idling compared to actively playing.
    Post edited by Billabo on
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 436Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

Would you agree?

I included calculations in my spreadsheet for those auras where the effect on production can be definitely calculated. (There are only four of them: Breath of Milk, Elder Battalion, Dragon God and Radiant Appetite.) The spreadsheet shows the "best buy", with the cost including the cost of unlocking the aura, and that includes the cost of unlocking all the preceding auras if they are not unlocked.

Fairly early in the dragon stage of the game it told me the best was Dragon God so I unlocked and activated that. Not long afterwards Radiant Appetite became the best, but I was a long way from having enough buildings to unlock it, so i could not get it. A bit later, Breath of Milk became the best, so I switched to that. Unfortunately I found some errors in my spreadsheet calculations - which I now THINK I have fixed - but I don't think the errors affect the comparison between one aura and another, they may have given wrong information about when to unlock and activate an aura, as opposed to buying a building or upgrade instead.

The pattern seems to be that Radiant Appetite is by far the best investment once you get a certain number of upgrades to your most expensive building, normally a prism. Getting more prisms increases production and makes RA more beneficial, but this is offset by the fact that the cost of RA increases with each new prism. Getting prism upgrades however enhances the effect of RA without increasing the cost of getting it. Currently I have 51 prisms and the highest upgrade is Chocolate Light. My initial impression is that you need at least a Grainbow before RA becomes worth pursuing - but once it does, it leaves the other auras for dead.

Post edited by bob_32_116 on
    The game simplifies a lot after 250 prisms as there's no more upgrades available after that. You'll probably have virtually all of the prestige upgrades by then too. Then it's just a case of getting more HC to go faster.

Say you had a prestige level of 10 million and generated 1 million HC on that ascension. You'll go 10% faster the next time you ascend as the buildings will produce 10% more cookies per second.

I think that's about right. I have 273 prisms with 15 ascensions atm. Maybe Orteil is using our PCs to secretly mine Bitcoins with CC. He's probably sitting on his own private beach somewhere sipping on cocktails!
  • sphbeckersphbecker Posts: 6Member
    My first time playing v2 (played v1 a little, never got very far). About 650 hours in and at 15 sextillion cps. To me, there is no point in playing a game like this if you cheat. Even an auto-clicker, which may not be hard-core cheating, is still giving you more cookies than intended for a given event.
  • PortaDiFerroPortaDiFerro Posts: 7Member
    I've played without cheats. I think I tried somekinda addon which showed what should I buy at given time at some point, but didn't like it that much. No autoclicks or such ever. I started something like 3 years ago, then had a looong break. Started again early this year when there was the big update and been going on again since. 21 ascencions, 12.577 decillion baked and Prestige level 20 Million. Mostly just have it grinding with Golden Switch on, but the latest golden cookie changes seem interesting so might try to play more actively sometimes.

I think I tried somekinda addon which showed what should I buy at given time at some point, but didn't like it that much.

Now to me that kind of add-on is the very definition of cheating. If you are using something written by someone else to decide on your game strategy, I would say it's no longer actually you playing the game.It's like playing chess and having a chess master sitting next to you telling you which move to make.

Still, I suppose if your object was to simply beat your opponent rather than actually test your skill in chess, that's what you would do.
  • socketsocket Posts: 3Member
    41m HC, 70 decilion cookies. in few days will get 300 prisms finally. :)
    Calculating which aura is best to get, or whether to replace an active aura with another, is fraught with pitfalls.

For example: if Breath of Milk is currently active, how much will CpS increase or decrease if I replace it with Radiant Appetite?

RA doubles the CpS. BUT.... if you need to remove BoM to replace it with RA, you need to first calculate what the CpS will be after removing BoM. That is what gets doubled. the benefit from RA will be 100% of what remains after removing the benefit that was got from BoM.

The reasoning gets quite tricky when one of the auras involved is Elder Battalion, and I am still not quite sure I have it right.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 299Member ✭✭✭
    Man... wait until you get the synergy upgrades. It all gets 100x more complex since buildings effect each other and losing a building to buy an aura isn't just the loss of CPS from that building. I stopped worrying too much about the intricacies of ultimate CPS around then.

edited August 2016
    Yeah, the synergies are messy to calculate. I have got the calculations in my spreadsheet, but I won't really know if my formulae are correct until I actually start to get some of the synergies. Without synergies, it's possible to roughly calculate in your head what to buy next, but with synergies in place i can't imagine doing it without a spreadsheet or some other calculation aid, it would be little more than guesswork.

What makes the auras complicated though is that you MAY need to deactivate one in order to activate another. That's not an issue with synergies or any other upgrades. You either buy them or you don't, and once you have them you don't lose them.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 13,810Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would purely aesthetic changes(i.e. using the console to change images) count as cheating? (In other words, are you complete "keep things vanilla or don't play" people?)
    Your best friend.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
    edited August 2016

Would purely aesthetic changes(i.e. using the console to change images) count as cheating? (In other words, are you complete "keep things vanilla or don't play" people?)

Well, no, I would not consider that to be cheating, because changing the images isn't going to affect how many cookies you get. That's akin to changing from one chess set to another because you don't like the colour of the squares or the design of the pieces; it's not going to affect how you play the game.

The only thing in the game that's related to the images that gives you extra cookies is the "Dunk the Big Cookie" achievement, and who would bother getting that via cheating when it's so easy to get legitimately?