Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

File to edit text about achievements, name of dungeons and objects of the store.

LucienLucien Posts: 2Member
edited June 2016 in Help
Hello everyone,

I recently began to host a old version of Cookie Clicker (version 1.036). Do not worry, I'm not making a single penny with my site. I just to want to offer a French version of the game, so I need to know which file contain informations about achievements, names of dungeons (Grandma, Factory, ...) and objects of the store.

*I writed that the original creator is Orteil and add a link to his site. I beg you, please don't post comments like "LOL don't copyright, lol".

- Cordially.
Post edited by Lucien on

Comments

• DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,374Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make a similarly thematic clone of CC, it's not very hard to program an idle game.
  • LucienLucien Posts: 2Member
    edited June 2016

Just make a similarly thematic clone of CC, it's not very hard to program an idle game.

I do not want to just create a clone. Since I do not have good skills in programming, I doubt I can do that.
    I searched a long time to find where are the achievements and dungeon names, without success.
    Thing to remember: I want to translate Cookie Clicker in French.

- Cordially.
    Post edited by Lucien on
  • essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    Lucien said:

*I writed that the original creator is Orteil and add a link to his site. I beg you, please don't post comments like "LOL don't copyright, lol".

That does not necessary mean it is ok. Imagine hosting a runescape or WOW server and linking to the original makers, they will still sue you and let your website be taken down.

While Orteil will probably not sue you, it is better to ask him directly whether what you are doing is ok. Probably the best way to ask is on tumblr.