Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

HELP! Watermark on screen

alyssa_monarrezalyssa_monarrez Posts: 1Member
edited February 2017 in Help
I have a mac book and was using cookie clicker. However, in order to keep earning cookies you need to keep it on, so on a trip, i lowered my brightness all the way down (leaving it looking like it was off), plugged it in and let it open while we were gone (one week). When I turned up my brightness to see how it was doing, I was happy to see i had over 180 trillion cookies. (PROBLEM STARTS HERE) However, after used all my cookies to purchase many items, I started scrolling through and noticed a faint water mark on the page from where I left it on the trip. I refreshed the page, however it wouldn't go away! I didn't think anything of it until i noticed it was stuck on my entire screen no matter what I went on! Tried restarting my computer and turned it off and on multiple times, but the mark remained. The only time it isn't there is when the brightness is all the way off or when the computer itself is off. I'm not sure if it's the computer or the cookie clicker, but if you know what to do PLEASE HELP!!!!
Post edited by Chisako on

Best Answer

Answers

• ViniVini Posts: 3,596Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds awfully similar to what happened to my GBA.
    My magic trick was to leave it off for a whole day. Let it cool down and stuff.

(I kinda know why it happens but not enough to explain it. What I do know is that if it doesn't work you should go get a priest. And maybe your grandma.)

• OldMammalOldMammal Posts: 7,448Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    You either have an oled screen (never heard of those being on laptops though) or some ancient shit
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,175Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 788Member ✭✭✭
    It's probably a bit too late to fix this problem now, but wouldn't a screensaver have averted this problem? As far as I know screensavers leave the program running, all they do is put something else (or nothing) on the screen.

This reminds me of the 1980's in the early days of office computers, when it was common to see a green-screen monochrome monitor with the Wordstar screen burned into it, so you could still see Wordstar when the computer was turned off.
  • IdlerIdler Posts: 3,225Member, Wiener, Double Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Thats similar to my problem: expect there's no brightness (I CAN NOT CHANGE BRIGHTNESS), and theres some pixel coloured, THERE is, near, on and above the Start Menu (that circle, with the Windows logo (the logo not the name)), and I can't remove it. The only times where they are not there is when my PC is off.

P.S. I just formatted my PC the april or march, since I couldn't start it up.
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Idler said:

Thats similar to my problem: expect there's no brightness (I CAN NOT CHANGE BRIGHTNESS), and theres some pixel coloured, THERE is, near, on and above the Start Menu (that circle, with the Windows logo (the logo not the name)), and I can't remove it. The only times where they are not there is when my PC is off.

P.S. I just formatted my PC the april or march, since I couldn't start it up.

Probably a dead pixel, look it up on duckduckgo (or google). There is nothing you can do about that, except for replacing the whole screen.
This discussion has been closed.