Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Whats wrong with cookie clicker

One of the upgrade names is called Child Labor. Another is called 78-hour days. You know whats wrong? All these names were the names of events we are trying to stop, so why must we have these even in gaming?!

Comments

• rebmcrrebmcr Posts: 278Member ✭✭
    You get an achievement if you sell your grandma.
  • NeoSpearBladeNeoSpearBlade Posts: 101Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    You think that's bad? Check out what the game shows as Santa's actual appearance:

My childhood.....ruined! T_T

But in all seriousness, while the game loves its Black Comedy, Orteil though he went too far with an earlier description of Child labor, which had "...and so much more receptive to whipping!" at the end.

Even he has limits, which that in itself is funny IMO.

Praising the cookie equivalent of Satan, having ritualistic beheadings and changing the fabric of reality into cookie dough are fine but child abuse? That's where he draws the line!

Then again, comedy is subjective.
  • QunrizQunriz Posts: 161Member ✭✭
    I think the true santa is much more friendly, especially with the new devilish red coloured eye and tentacle thingsamomabobabobs-icles.
  • coolcat171coolcat171 Posts: 1Member
    i beat it i can not buy evey thing any more it just says infinity i guess i beat it i asended 1000s of times im glad to say it toke me 6 mouths here you go ps no cheats at all

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%21END%21
  • essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    ^You are posting something that does not have to do anything with the topic. And of course you didn't cheat while you have infinity /sarcasm >.> do you think we are stupid?
  • QunrizQunriz Posts: 161Member ✭✭
    Infinity would take years to get. You obviously cheated.

Also back on the damn topic...
    Yeah maybe Orteil really enjoyed the cookies his grandma made for him but his grandma became rude to him, so he decided to make this game with lots of evil weirdness.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 6,073Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    With IGM, the number digits reach "infinity" after a large amount of resources. I tried it.
    Edit: Obviously not tried it on Cookie Clicker, but one of my games.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm
    "You, young man, have increased the troll count by 1, troll thread count by 1, and countless other count counter counts by 1." -Brainstorm
    "We now have a perfect excuse to necrobump forum games." -Brainstorm
    I wonder what this is! Only the most epic link EVER! :o
    Pastebin statpage for Dungeon Maker: http://pastebin.com/mdPqPQVv
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 363Member ✭✭✭
    For interest's sake I loaded in coolcat's save and it's not saying infinity on my system, it's running and saying 407 duodecillion and something cookies.

Anyway, back on topic.... I think once you start saying it's wrong to mention child labour in the game, you are going to have to talk about the rights and wrongs of sweatshops, whether all the grandma upgrades are ageist stereotypes, whether you should have references to eating humpback whales, etc etc etc. I think most of us realise that it's all in fun, there is no gratuitous violence or anything else nasty like that. There are lots of e-games out there that I would not wish my children to touch (if I had children); Cookie Clicker is pretty benign.

Any questions?

Do you have a lingerie section? I'm looking to buy a birthday present for my soon-to-be-born grandmother.
  • loedownloedown Posts: 62Member ✭✭
    The last two comments are oh so funny and oh so wrong, much like the time I was speaking to a friend of mine who was telling me his mother and his aunt were identical twins but completely differing in personalities, I said great, but which one is the better shag.
  • CookiewoodstockCookiewoodstock Posts: 16,335Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Any questions?

Do you have a lingerie section? I'm looking to buy a birthday present for my soon-to-be-born grandmother.
    It'd normally to be in the south, but currently mass-shootings of our black slaves have cut down on that. In the meantime we have a makeshift down in the basement. Just watch for the crazy man.
    I found the place but what crazy man? I didn't see one.

Wait a minu-
  • cookiehoardercookiehoarder Posts: 8Member
    You know if the game offends anyone in anyway, no one is making anyone play the game.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 244Member ✭✭✭

You know if the game offends anyone in anyway, no one is making anyone play the game.

I am. I have enslaved 3 children and I'm forcing them to click constantly for two hour shifts four times per day on a rotating basis. Now I'm off to buy more gruel.

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 363Member ✭✭✭

I am. I have enslaved 3 children and I'm forcing them to click constantly for two hour shifts four times per day on a rotating basis. Now I'm off to buy more gruel.
    You say that as though it were a bad thing.