Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Gardevoir Incident

Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since the whole Gardevoir x BurntCookie argument is starting back up, I'm just going to say screw that and try to stop this before it starts, because this is getting stupid. Everybody just blames Gardevoir like it was black and white, like the original post he made was "Screw BurntCookie, he shoot go shoot himself" when in fact it was nothing like that. So, because of that, I will go through the entire thread and show exactly what everybody (not just Gardevoir) did wrong. To start, this was (I believe) the original post he made that started this huge ridiculous controversy that has no reason to exist:

"I'm tired of all the suicidal/depression threads where the OP keep talking about how he is useless and he should kill himself. The first few times it was acceptable but now it feel like just crying for attention, and/or he doesn't realize this isn't the place to talk about depression for MONTHS. It's not that I hate you, this just isn't the place to talk about this."

This was the post that started this huge controversy that CWS, DLK, and Gardevoir still get pissed about any time it is mentioned. Screw everybody (including past me) who was involved with the Gardevoir Incident. BECAUSE THIS IS FREAKING STUPID. THIS ONE OPINION WAS WORTH THE HOURS OF OUR LIVES WASTED ARGUING ABOUT SOMETHING AS STUPID AS THIS. Anyways, despite CWS saying things like "Gardevoir insulted BurntCookie," there doesn't seem to be anything that actually is an insult in it.

Let me break it down.
"I'm tired of all the suicidal/depression threads where the OP keep talking about how he is useless and he should kill himself." ~ This is not actually that bad. Gardevoir simply said he's tired of these threads. Yes, maybe it could have been done in a nicer way, but it's still nothing rage worthy.

"The first few times it was acceptable but now it feel like just crying for attention, and/or he doesn't realize this isn't the place to talk about depression for MONTHS." ~ Gardevoir explains his reasoning for being annoyed, and they are indeed legitimate reasons. Yes, it's debatable that this place isn't to talk about depression, as that is very opinionated, but besides from that, the post is very legitimate.

"It's not that I hate you, this just isn't the place to talk about this." ~ This is the funniest part of the post, as everybody freaks out as if Gardevoir shot BurntCookie with a gun made out of middle fingers, when he literally said "I don't hate BurntCookie." He in fact was somewhat mature about it, honestly.

Overall, the post was fine. But since this was just the bullet that started the war, there's still a lot to go through. DLK soon replied with generic sarcasm, which Gardevoir replied to honestly, while he replied to Sparky's insult with sarcasm. CWS also gets pissed off at Gardevoir. Throughout the first half of the page, ArtificialCookie and Kirdneh seem to be the only people who replied maturely to the comment, which is surprising. Gardevoir later begins to reply pointing out that Dashnet is about digital cookies, which is still just an opinion, which is fine. And here's my first post, god dammit. Surprisingly, it wasn't as ragey as I was expecting. This is it:

[Insert Gardevoir's original post]
"And by saying that, you are just making things worse. Even if this isn't the place to talk about depression (which I disagree), you still are doing a lot of damage. By saying this, you are technically agreeing with BurntCookie. If you had just said that this isn't the place to talk about depression or he should get professional help, it would've been fine, but instead, you agreed with BurntCookie. Even if you don't actually agree with what BurntCookie has been saying, it still sounds like you agree, and agreeing with BurntCookie is one of the worst things you could do right now."

I don't know exactly what I meant back then, but I think I meant that it sounds like by Gardevoir basically saying "BurntCookie's threads are starting to get annoying," he was agreeing with BurntCookie, who at the time considered himself to be extremely annoying. Besides from that, there really isn't anything else to say. I'm just surprised I was that mature about it then. Anyways, after Gardevoir said he never agreed with BurntCookie in reply to my post, the page ended.

I think I'll go about this one page per post, because I don't feel like doing the entire thread in a single post.
"its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
My Pokefarm Q Account
Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...

Comments

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, page 4 (the Gardevoir thing starts on page 3).

The page starts off with Zonoro asking Gardevoir to leave. This would be fine if he didn't add "Seriously, you're not wanted here." That extra sentence makes the post a lot more mean spirited, so it probably would have been better to have said something that doesn't sound like he hates Gardevoir. Anyways, here comes Gardevoir's first post that I think really kicked off the argument, and is the first post where I legitimately think Gardevoir was being an idiot:

"[Insert Zonoro's post here]
    I am not your slave, seriously. What I'm saying is true, this isn't the place to talk about depression, unless you want to admit this site is Depressed Bronies: The Forum."

The problem isn't in the latter part of the post, it's in the starting sentence. Gardevoir believes that by being asked to leave the thread, he is being turned into a slave. As thus, Gardevoir believes he should stay even though it would probably be best for him to leave. Gardevoir being stubborn happens a lot in this thread if I remember correctly. Anyways, Sparky agrees with the depressed bronies thing, so Gardevoir replies that the forum is boring then. That causes Sparky to point out that Gardevoir can leave at any moment, to which Gardevoir replies that he can post here if he wants to, which again falls into the "Gardevoir being stubborn" category. Fawk, here's my next post:

"(Italics means it's a Gardevoir quote)It's still not a site about talking about depression or suicidal feelings.
    I NEVER agreed with him about that. Like, seriously?

I said it sounds like you are agreeing with him. BurntCookie thinks he is annoying by making these threads, and you said you said you are getting tired of these threads and it feels like he is crying for attention. Maybe you don't realize it, but that is going to make him feel worse, whether he feels a little bit worse or a lot worse.
    [Insert Gardevoir quote from before]
    Just leave, seriously. What he said was true, unless you want to admit you're a jerk."

Still not much to say about this post, besides pointing out that the last sentence was pretty bad. Another Gardevoir post:

"[Insert my post]
    I'm pretty sure he was ALWAYS saying he was annoying when making these threads, and it's indeed getting annoying having the same thread 1000000 time. He is far from being an annoying person in general, just when he keep making these threads he is annoying a bit.

Also, I'm not really planning on leaving now.

>If you disagree with me you're a jerk!

Okay."

This post is fine until the "I'm not leaving" part. By doing that, he's essentially instigating the argument. Zonoro replies with a non-noteworthy comment, and Zyzzyzus replies stating that this forum is a place to vent your depressive thoughts, which is fine, though at the end of the post there is another harsh "You're not wanted here" sentence. Gardevoir soon replies stating that the forum is for idle games, which causes Sparky to question where Gardevoir has been for the last 9+ months. Gardevoir replies sarcastically while Zyzzyzus tells Gardevoir the definition of off-topic. Erdbeere points out that the forum isn't really about idle games anymore and Gardevoir soon replies stating that this being an off-topic subforum doesn't make it okay for a ton of threads to have the same basic purpose: BurntCookie venting. CWS does another generic "This is off-topic" post, before saying "Now for the love of christ, Gardevoir, get the fuck off this thread before you end up causing more depression in BurntCookie and fucking up even more." And I thought Zonoro's end sentence was mean. Erdbeere makes a post that's not noteworthy before Gardevoir replies to CWS's post with basically the same words he's been saying to everybody else. Sparky replies with sarcasm while CWS replies to the same post with this:

"You're not my master.

Listen, I don't give a shit if I'm your master or not. I wouldn't wanna be the master of a gardevoir who's talking shit to a depressed person and making their sadness worse.

And where are you getting this "not rehashing the same topic either?" The idle game topics are rehashed, if that's what you mean, so, um..."

There's nothing I could say about this that wouldn't be obvious, besides that CWS needs to stop freaking out so often. Gardevoir says something about dupe threads, while ArtificialCookie says that Gardevoir is digging his own grave now. CWS makes another post which is this:

"I don't care if you don't mean to insult him; you have done so on accident. By saying these depression threads are annoying, you're feeding his depression, which is telling him that he's annoying since he's whining he's depressed (which is false.)"

Nothing interesting I could say about this either, except what's with the "which is false" at the end? I think he means it's false that BurntCookie is annoying, but what is annoying comes down to opinion, so it can't technically be false. Gardevoir replies with a post I don't understand before LunaticLunarian (Rip in pepperonis) points out that this is a horrible thread to start world war 3 in. Sparky states that he's just taking the bait out of boredom before DLK threatens to begin flagging people. Sparky posts a very relevant picture to end the page. Because why not, I'll post that very relevant picture here:

My Pokefarm Q Account
  • 100lol100lol Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭
    Best Comic Ever, and why do i speak incorrectly and why should my mom ban doritos
    mi firnds: karlolin, gouchnox, unhappyicon, 100lol, carmory

"grlagrgrealg" ~Karlolin

• UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UIO SAVES THE DAY

YOU'RE ALL BANNED CAUSE THE COMIC SAYS I SAVE IT.

OKAY? OKAY?

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100lol said:

Best Comic Ever, and why do i speak incorrectly and why should my mom ban doritos

What's with the off-topic?
    My Pokefarm Q Account
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100lol said:

The speaking incorrectly thing is a standard for Polandball/Forumball.

As for Doritos, no idea.
    Your best friend.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.