Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Will be a app version? with the recent update?

ZuKKaPowerZuKKaPower Member Posts: 1
im a huge fan and i wish to continue playing on my phone when im not in the pc
Tagged:

Comments

• ChisakoChisako Member, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    iirc he said on twitter that there will be no mobile version - at the very least there is no intention to create one at this point.
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • NavyDan1NavyDan1 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    As I have posted before, CC can be played on a smart phone; I'm approaching 1 septillion cookies baked all time. The display is very condensed, with everything overlapping, but it can still be played. One other thing: it's best to only play v1.0466, as you can't do anything if you ascend in v2; the phone won't drag that far.
  • essiwessiw Member, Flagger Posts: 646 ✭✭✭
    NavyDan1 said:

As I have posted before, CC can be played on a smart phone; I'm approaching 1 septillion cookies baked all time. The display is very condensed, with everything overlapping, but it can still be played. One other thing: it's best to only play v1.0466, as you can't do anything if you ascend in v2; the phone won't drag that far.

That it can be played on a mobile device does not mean that people like playing it on a mobile device. As what you have said the lay-out is broken, and I find that to be horrible to play... And the TS asked for a mobile version with the recent update, v2 is unplayable as you said, so not seeing this is a good suggestion for the TS
  • ChisakoChisako Member, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe orteil should work on a layout for mobile browsers if he doesn't want to make an app. after all other websites manage to have that too, so it should be possible.
    i'll tell him about that thought. (that still doesn't mean it will happen though)
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • SamruxSamrux Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    Chisako said:

maybe orteil should work on a layout for mobile browsers if he doesn't want to make an app. after all other websites manage to have that too, so it should be possible.
    i'll tell him about that thought. (that still doesn't mean it will happen though)

I enthusiastically agree. The game works perfectly on a phone browser and can be played, but the layout is atrocious, with everything overlapping horribly almost to the point of unplayability. Depending on your screen you might not even be ever able to open the settings, or even buy upgrades at all. But the game works, it's just that the creator hasn't taken the time to adjust a semi-decent layout for mobile devices. I would guess it may be very easy to implement in a couple days worth of work, and am impressed that V2 was fully developed and released before and without even considering a mobile version of the site.