Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

A Golden idea

Tjb246Tjb246 Posts: 1Member
I have an idea for the Golden cookie, temp-auto clicker. As far as I know right now the Golden cookie only has 2 effects: 1: x77 or x777 and 2: give random amount of cookies. With this new idea you have a small chance of getting this effect and when you do you just hold down the mouse button and it auto clicks for a limited amount of time like 1 minute or something. I know this idea must have been suggested a lot but I just thought I'd throw this out there.

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 13,808Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    It either ends up completely pointless or somewhat OP, depending on how many clicks per second. If it can click faster than the average player, it can become OP. Less, pointless.
    Your best friend.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
  • NeoSpearBladeNeoSpearBlade Posts: 101Member ✭✭
    Hmm.....

Just to be clear, I'm new here myself but I haven't seen this as a suggestion before, and I think I know why.

You said auto clicker.

Auto-clickers (or in general just the concept of a method(s) that allows a player to click the cookie very rapidly with little to no input from the player itself) is something the community is very much split about. If anything, that split would be the size of the San Andreas fault if the game came with an auto-clicker, though I might be exaggerating that.

That said, there is a wrath cookie effect called Elder Frenzy that multiplies your global cookie production to the ridiculous x666. It's not considered a game breaker because the effect is quite short (6 seconds, doubled if you have Get lucky) and because while the odds of getting Elder Frenzy are higher than Click Frenzy, it's only by 2-3% so it's still a very small chance.

The way I see it, the effect you're describing can only be balanced if the Grandmapocalypse level is 3, the level where only wraith cookies spawn (along with it's negative ruin and clot frenzy effects) and it's odds are lower than the Wrath Click Frenzy.

But even after I said all this, this effect is kinda not needed as it's a bit redundant. We already have the chance of a Frenzy + Click Frenzy combo (7*777=x5439 to your CpS with clicking), plus something called the Eldeer combo. For golden/wrath cookie effects, it seems the community is satisfied. That and there's no way the temp auto-clicker is going to overlay with Click Frenzy to really get use out of it.

I can't speak for Krumblor, as I haven't experienced that mechanic yet.

Sorry if I sounded harsh. ^_^'