In this tutorial I'm gonna try to explain to you how to farm resets in Cookie Clicker so that you can get the Reincarnation achievement pretty quickly. So here goes my tips and tricks on the subject. Yay.Rule #1: Always backup your save
No, but seriously, most important thing in cc, since there are a lot of noobs around who may not know that. Get a google doc, paste your save in regularly
. That way you won't shit your pants when a problem occurs.
So, what we're trying to do here is to farm resets. The thing is, you can only ascend when you have at least one HC. So the idea is simple: how to get to one HC quickly and efficiently to be able to mass reset. Since we're trying to get 100 resets, you need to know that this process is long and boring, and will take multiple hours of active play
. Also, since you're farming for one HC per run and not many, this process will not help you progress further into the game by getting more cbat or HCs overall, and will only help you to get Reincarnation. Since it requires multiple hours of active play and it doesn't help your overall cbat, this means that if you do a run from time to time and just leave your game hanging in between, you will not be producing anything during these periods. So do that during a weekend or something, farm a ton in a short period of time.When should you farm resets?
You need to wait until late game to do this. The key of reset farming is getting cookies really really fast as soon as your run starts, so you need a few millions HCs (I had 8M when running it) and a lot of Heavenly Upgrades. Farming for more HCs will make your production faster, but it will also make that one HC per run harder to reach, so don't wait too long before starting to farm for resets. You'll also need a lot of free time to farm, as I said earlier.How to prepare
Well firstly know the game. You can use Ctrl to buy 10 buildings at once, and Shift to buy 100 at once. There are also other shortcuts like CtrlS to quicksave and all, so you can do a lot of things quickly and efficiently without having to scroll and aim for buttons (what is this, an incremental?). As I said, you need a reasonable amount of HCs for production multipliers. The mandatory Heavenly Upgrades to have are the Dragon, Season Switcher, at least 3 perma slots, the bonus cookies and biscuits and starter kit. You won't need golden cookies, wrinklers or angels, but synergies are gonna be helpful. And you can also get Starsnow for bonus fun. All other Heavenly Upgrade will help your run, but not tremendously.
In your perma slots, you're gonna put the 250 and 200 prism upgrades, as well as the last and/or second to last kitten. If any one of these is not available to you yet, then why the heck are you trying to farm resets? Also if you have some more slots you can put whatevs in that, I just keep my omelette in there cause why not.
Now, one last thing before we get to the strat. The HC completion bar.
When you reset, all your HCs you obtained during your run get converted, but not the completion bar. In this image, the bar is about 40% complete, meaning that it's 40% through making the next HC. As you can see, resetting will convert your HCs, but not the completion bar, meaning that in the fresh run you will still be 40% of getting a fresh new HC.
This means that you can play around with when you reset when farming for ascensions. You always need to reset at 1 HC, but it can be one and 5% or one and 90%, which means that your next run will take more or less time to complete. So don't be worried about overshooting the one HC mark, as your progress beyond will be maintained in your next run.
Now that all these formalities are done with, let's get into the strategy behind an actual run. With the current strat here, you can do a run in 3 minutes pretty much.
- You will start with 10 cursors and 5 grandma (starter kit and starter kitchen), just buy HC upgrades and all other upgrades as you buy cursors. It should go relatively quickly as you have lots of HCs.
- Once you have 100 cursors, buy ten of the most expensive building you can currently get as a pack of ten (should be something around Temples), empty store.
- Do the same with the newly most expensive building you can get as a pack of ten (should be around Shipments), empty store (you need to get kitten engineers).
- Buy ten Time Machines once you have the required 280Tr, then stock up on Prisms until you get 50.
- Empty store, activate Christmas season, buy the hat and max out on Santa, empty store.
- You should have all mouse upgrades by now. If you don't have them, spam click the cookie until you get the first one, buy it, spam click again until you unlock all the rest.
- Sell all buildings except for your 100 cursors and 50 prisms, then get 100 of each building, empty store.
- Purchase another season and activate Christmas back. Since you have just bought all Deer upgrades, your deers are on optimal spawn rate. By buying Chrismas again, you reseted the first deer's spawn time so that he will spawn much sooner, before you get to 1 HC.
- Max out on your dragon, activate the prism aura (Radiant Appetite) and then buy 100 of all buildings again.
- Get to 300 Cursors, 200 Grandmas -> Alchemy Labs. Buy Time Machines, ACs and Prisms by packs of 10 until you can't buy any anymore, empty store.
- If you still have some synergies left to buy, spam click for them a bit, they don't exceed 4Sp each.
- Get 9Sp by clicking a bit, get 200 Portals, continue to buy the last 3 buildings by packs of 10.
- You need to get to 150 Prisms minimum (13Sp), at which point you would have all Prism upgrades and two butter biscuits.
- The deer should come around now, clicking it will grant you well over your first HC required to reset.
- Reset, repeat the entire process.
- Get mass HC
- Backup your save
- Social life is crap, stay in your cave for days
- Learn how to use a keyboard
- Follow simple steps, you dummy
- Just freaking backup your save already, jeez