Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

New building: "Manifestor"

ReloadeadReloadead Posts: 3Member
Building name: "Manifestor"

Short description/tldr: It would be a machine, created by scientists that would manifest cookies imagined by the person using it.

Design: It would look like a sci-fi version of a dryer chair or a very fancy head-wear like the one worn by "Doc" Brown in the first episode of BttF.

Lore: Providing that everyone's imagination is basically a parallelly existing universe, the concept would work in a way that the machine"steals" or "extracts" the cookies from the user's imagination/universe and brings them to our plane of existence, therefore the person would no longer have those cookies imagined after the process, but there would be no limit to how many new cookies can be imagined. The concept handles imagining something, day-dreaming and dreaming while asleep as the same category. So far, this would mean that until we have at least one human being, capable of imagining cookies, we are covered. The ironic side of this scientific discovery would be that the human race would figure out a way to literally make our "dreams come true" but only if we are dreaming/fantasizing about cookies.

Inspiration: My idea was born when I realized that the only place where we can create even more cookies than in Cookie Clicker (with the current buildings), is our imagination. I was partially inspired by the wonderful cartoon: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and I also googled Imagination Manifestation to learn more about this "superpower". I tried to use Marvel's X-men for additional details, but that ended up in the Alternatives section.

Alternatives: While fleshing out the concept I was also playing with the idea of a Cookie Prophet, who can manifest the imagined cookies of any individual, or a Cookie Hero, who saves everyone with his/her cookie-related superpowers, or even the human-mutants that history would later call Homo Crustulum or Homo Crustulus, who would have the ability to manifest cookies just by concentrating on them.

-"Are you sure its not spelled like 'Manifester'?"
- I googled 'Manifestor vs. Manifester' and have read the first article, but I'm still not sure.

I really love this game and how it is developed, so if any of the above ideas would make it to the live version, I would be honored.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,844Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think we need any more buildings. We just added 3 mid-tier ones, and before that we added the most end-game building in the game; Prisms.
    Current status: Could be much better, really.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,730Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly don't think we need any more buildings. We just added 3 mid-tier ones, and before that we added the most end-game building in the game; Prisms.

Those were in the old beta.

Just added is quite the lie.

• essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Just added is not a lie, they were just added to the live version, which is what a substantial part of the players play (they, including me, do not play betas).
  • SkalosakSkalosak Posts: 10Member ✭✭
    This has a nice theme.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,730Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    essiw said:

Just added is not a lie, they were just added to the live version, which is what a substantial part of the players play (they, including me, do not play betas).
    Yes, and they were added to the beta like, over a year ago they're new to the live, but not to the beta.