Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Use local file?

BlacksilverBlacksilver Posts: 1Member
edited March 2016 in Beta
So, I have a file on my computer:

C:/IdleGame.txt

And I can acess it in Chrome via

file://C:/IdleGame.txt

So can I do something like:

orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/idlegamemaker/?game=file://C:/IdleGame.txt (I tried this already)

Comments

• DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Posts: 4,385Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    You can't do it like that.
    Paste your thing on this.
    The link should look something like this: http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/idlegamemaker/?game=hczBgm6k
  • ChisakoChisako Posts: 1,029Moderator, Helpful, Cool, Conversationalist, Funny, Cake Mod

You can't do it like that.

you can access local files yourself through your browser, so i guess it's possible
    but if you want to publish a game you need to use pastebin or something...
    i didn't try, since i don't need it and tbh i don't see a reason to use it that way.
    but yeah... fun fact i guess?
    "You hit the box with maniklas, OMG, IT OPENS! Wait, that was maniklas, wrong side."~brainstorm
    "Please respect the Rules. You can look them up at any time:
    Rules for Off-Topic Section | Rules for Playground | Rules for Cookie Clicker Section"~me
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,026Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    Your browser on your machine can access it, but the website can't unless you set up ftp or point it to your IP address or something. The problem is you're giving it a local path, but the website isn't hosted on the same computer as you're using. That's why it has to be online, since there is a public address for it to look for.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154