Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Who is Still Playing v1.0466

Marker9Marker9 Posts: 51Member ✭✭
I took this as a quest at some point. (Well, a quest for my computer, more than for me, of course.) Of all the achievements in the v1.0466 version of the game, I had reached all but the last 2. I just wanted to get to Dr. T without any cheating. As far as I know, a fair number of players of the v1.0466 game had reached Dr. T, but nobody had ever announced reaching the very last achievement of Obliterate. One player was close, but has not ever announced reaching it, that I am aware of.

So, with the installment of a completely new version of the game (v2) as the primary game, Orteill was kind enough to leave the v1.0466 game running in a subsite, at http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/v10466/ . As a result, I am continuing my quest, and getting closer to Dr. T.

I sense that most of the CC community has switched over to v2, and is now pretty much only interested in that. I'm wondering if there are any other players still using the v1.0466 version, and what they're doing in it, and what their goals are.

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,062Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing the same. I also have 2 achievements left in v.1.0466, so I have that running in a separate tab. I focus more on v.2 though.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • NavyDan1NavyDan1 Posts: 51Member ✭✭
    I play both also; I have six achievements to go.
    I'm playing it with a twist: I play it on my iPhone. One of the achievements that I thought would be impossible to get is Uncanny Clicker, as the phone's touch pad doesn't record touches very efficiently, but I got it! I used a rapid two finger technique to get it done. All the rest should be easy; just time consuming.
  • Marker9Marker9 Posts: 51Member ✭✭
    Uncanny Clicker on a phone? Nice work!
    Okay, I've been anticipating this for a loooong time. Today I finally passed 1 quintillion C/s (base rate) in the v1.0466 game. This seems to be about the point at which a Dr. T run becomes a reasonable next step. I know I'm nowhere near the first person to have reached this point, but it feels good anyway!
  • NeoSpearBladeNeoSpearBlade Posts: 101Member ✭✭
    I kinda mentioned this in another post but I'll repeat it here.

I had an old save that I forgot I had. In that save, I was on the road to complete the game and I stopped at about 50 quintillion.

When I came back, I started over with v.2 but since a lot has changed in the update, I decided to stop with v.2 and finish v.1.0466, without using the old save.

At the moment, I'm 1 month in with 465 quintillion cookies baked after 2 resets with 10,000 HCs.

FYI, I consider the game completed when I get the Obliterate achievement. That's gonna take a long while.....
    I'm kind of the same way; as I run the game at work and have to do it on my iPhone, I can only play v1.0466, as v2 ascension is impractical on the iPhone. But I am over 600 sextillion cookies baked all time and will be resetting tomorrow night.
  • SamruxSamrux Posts: 4Member

I kinda mentioned this in another post but I'll repeat it here.

I had an old save that I forgot I had. In that save, I was on the road to complete the game and I stopped at about 50 quintillion.

When I came back, I started over with v.2 but since a lot has changed in the update, I decided to stop with v.2 and finish v.1.0466, without using the old save.

At the moment, I'm 1 month in with 465 quintillion cookies baked after 2 resets with 10,000 HCs.

FYI, I consider the game completed when I get the Obliterate achievement. That's gonna take a long while.....

Will you port your save to 2.0 after you get Obliterate?
  • NeoSpearBladeNeoSpearBlade Posts: 101Member ✭✭
    Of course, even more so with the exploit I found out to get Endless cycle ridiculously quick, though it might get patched out in the future.

Also, since Negative void is now an official achievement, that's my new end goal, which is gonna take even longer.
    Finally got Rise and Shine & Bicentennial; now I just have to reset after I get to 1 septillion for this run.
    I've continued to play v1.0466, mostly rather passively. But I completed the Dr. T run finally. In it, I played more actively, since I wanted to also at some point have a 1-million-click session. In fact, I got 1,234,567 clicks. Also decided to hit a couple of other cute numbers, so the session has 2345 Wrinkler-pops; 5432 Reindeer catches; and 13,579 Golden cookie clicks at the point of hitting Dr. T. I couldn't hit cute numbers for anything else simultaneously, perhaps I didn't think about it hard enough. I wanted to break 20 Sept hand-made cookies in the session, but didn't quite get there. It was more important to me to finish the session shortly after Dr. T at a point to get precisely 30 million HC (that's a little beyond the point screenshotted here, at 450 Sept CBAT).

I could have obtained the 400 Cursors for this achievement more swiftly, by not buying so many Prisms, and perhaps even selling things off at the end to funnel it all into the Cursor count. However, since I'm going for the final achievement as well, and since I don't think the Dr. T achievement amounts to any significant speed boost, there was no real reason to rush for it. It is all about CBAT anyway at this point, I believe.

So, I took my time, and picked it up here shortly after 25,000 hours of game play, this single session comprising about 6600 hours of that. In other words, I have been playing running this game for almost 3 years, and the Dr. T session was a little over 9 months of it.

Perhaps this sets some sort of certifiable record for not having a life?

Working on Obliterate. 10% of the way there. CBAT = 555 Sep, C/s = 1.86 Quint C/s.
    It seems like a boring thing to post at each 10%, but this will take so long that I better post something, or this thread will get buried so deep I won't be able to find it ...