Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Heavenly Chips help

psychopeterpsychopeter Posts: 3Member
Hi
I did read all topics regarding HC and read the Wiki
Only thing I don't understand is the amount of time people play to get these high HC cuantities like 100-1000.
My run has started 98 hours ago, I have ( according to the counter on the top right ) 4 HC and I need 86 trillion more cookies for next level.
I've sold everything and got +5 HC's. But with this tempo, I'd be playing to get one HC every 24 hours.

After reincarnation and not using them, I still have 5 HC's but still have 86 trillion to get, so I'd need to play for another 120 hours to get another HC

Is there anything I am missing here ? Where does the high cuantities of HC's people report ?
Does that mean I have to go up a level, save the HC's and then start playing over again ? Or just to be patient and get these 1 HC every 24 hours ( while continuing to invest cookies and upgrade )

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• essiwessiw Posts: 646Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    The thing that you are missing is that you ascended way to early, and it will take you nearly as long as the first time to to reach your previous CpS. I haven't been able to go much farther than you yet but it is advised by other players that you should first wait till ~250 HC to ascend for the first time. It probably will go a lot faster when you reach the bingo center and get those wrinklers for a 6x boost in CpS.
  • psychopeterpsychopeter Posts: 3Member
    Ok, I've ascended only one time, after getting by first HC. Now I will just wait ( I have loaded save before ascending seccond time ) .

So it is just a matter of waiting few weeks in order to get around 250 HC and then ascend yes ?
  • AlderiAlderi Posts: 1,205Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I've ascended only one time, after getting by first HC. Now I will just wait ( I have loaded save before ascending seccond time ) .

So it is just a matter of waiting few weeks in order to get around 250 HC and then ascend yes ?

Exactly. A run of about 2 weeks, playing actively 2~3 hours per day, should get you more than a hundred prestige levels, and that would be a huge boost already, but you should wait until around 250.
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
  • psychopeterpsychopeter Posts: 3Member
    I have Cookie Clicker running in the backgound for 8 hours / day at work :P
    Ok, and after that Ascend, yes ?

Actively playing is usually far more efficient (especially once you get all the Golden Cookies' upgrades), but idling is still good.

Anyway, take your time, cookie clicker is the type of game that you leave running for a long time. Once you get to at least a hundred prestige levels (around 250 would be better since it would allow you to buy more legacy upgrades), you can reset.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Alderi said:

Actively playing is usually far more efficient (especially once you get all the Golden Cookies' upgrades), but idling is still good.
    As long as you idle with wrinklers. Don't make a rookie mistake of pledging or, heaven forbid, starting a covenant.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    Shylight said:

Alderi said:

As long as you idle with wrinklers. Don't make a rookie mistake of pledging or, heaven forbid, starting a covenant.
    Oh yeah, wrinklers are good, don't fear them.
  • LoloFFMLoloFFM Posts: 2Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi everyone,

I also read the Wikia and the related topics on the forum but there is still one point I cannot seem to figure out clearly. After giving up on the game for months until around 2 days ago, I am a bit confused about how Prestige and Heavenly Chips now work and are related.

I ascended a first time and bought "Legacy" which should allow me to turn my baked cookies into Heavenly Chips. I baked cookies for 24 more hours (mostly idling) then tried to ascend again while having not reached Prestige level 2 yet.

I did not get any Heavenly Chips. So, in a nutshell: do you need to level up Prestige before ascending so your baked cookies so far turn into Heavenly Chips? If so, does that mean you always get a fixed amount of Heavenly Chips every time you ascend?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,324Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod
    edited March 2016
    You get Heavenly Chips equal to the number of prestige levels that you gain when you ascend. So if there's no "+1" or more in that little box, there is no reason to ascend. You can think of it like Prestige Level is your Heavenly Chips Baked All Time statistic, and the actual Heavenly Chips are a currency you spend.

Also, you should wait until you have a few hundred levels before ascending your first time (well, it would be your 3rd time, I suppose), or it's not worth it because of how long it takes to catch back up to the CPS you had.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • LoloFFMLoloFFM Posts: 2Member
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I get it now. However, it seems, given how slow the Prestige gauge fills up, that it will take forever to get a decent amount of Heavenly Chips when starting from scratch as I did... -_- Well, luckily, I'm not in a hurry.
    The first 10 prestige levels are hard to get, but then it gets faster and faster.