Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Great Gatsby (nsfw eventually)

kirdnehkirdneh Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Off Topic
So long story short, I was charged with the task of writing a gay fanfiction about The Great Gatsby by my friend Natalie. It was a 2 AM conversation, we were both really tired and talking about how we ship Nick and Gatsby. I was very tired when I agreed to it. This is an interesting experience as I has as of yet never found any particular strong attraction to any male, though if that is what happens someday I don’t particularly mind, but in any case I am up to this task of writing. I will eventually post it in it’s entirety, but for now I’ll just post small sections. I will include a link on each post eventually to a sort of pastebin where all the sections will be held and organized by chapter, but I'll use the forum format to post whenever I have a few paragraphs done. My goal with this projects are as follows:
A) Make it literatively good, with analyzation of various aspects of what's going on and consistent with themes and ideas present in the book. In short, good writing.
B) Make it fit the plot, both in characterization and in terms of continuity. I work on building 'in-between' chapters, with ideas drawn from minor details mentioned in passing.
C) Make the parts with sex very, very, sexual. It's gay smut, after all. Just happens to be really good.

This is not only for me to practice writing both in general and in different styles, but it’s an interesting experience. As I’ve said, I don’t particularly have sexual or romantic attraction to any male. I’ve as of yet and am currently have had and having crushes on females (that sentence makes sense technically). In fact, I’m not sure what I even think of sex in general. I don’t feel any need to have sex nor want to for the moment; perhaps in some future relationship I may, but for the time being even ignoring the legality / public acceptability, I don’t want coitus. But it’s an interesting experience, to say the least. So I’ll just post what I have so far. So far, if you’re looking for sex you’ll be a bit disappointed and the sex won’t be for a while, but I’m building up to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
During some of those summer weeks of insignificance that I had mentioned only by its nature of normalcy, full of the various comings and goings of life outside of extravagant parties and Gatsby’s extraordinary life, I had had a minor affair with a girl from Jersey City. We had dated somewhat until the relationship’s silent closure when she left for vacation in July, her significance in my life and herself fading into the grey background as new events and people brought themselves forward in vivid colors; even her name is now forgotten all these years later, declining in the maelstroms of neural subtleties and forgotten memories. Despite her designation and the subtleties of her countenance beyond my recall, I remember the generalities and some details of the summer liaison.
It began on one of my daily dinners at the Yale Club in Manhattan. The club was approximately 20 miles away, and a cabbie would routinely drive before my house to take me for my evening meal, each day like clockwork. I began to know him in time as Godfrey, a nervous sort of man, always hurrying himself from task to task, destination to destination, but seeming to never enjoy neither place nor the transportation as a cabbie Whenever he was caught behind some vehicle or semi-drunken street fellow who had staggered into the road, his hands began to twitch and he breathed deeply to calm himself. He was not impolite, and would give me a nervous sort of smile in an attempt of warmth, and I would calmly smile and nod to him whenever he would pick me up, to try to ease his constant state of anxiety. However, as I gazed out the glass window upon the nameless people and alien lives of the dynamic dwellers of this city, strong-backed and optimistic lads walking with determined purpose, flaccid older folk with canes and faces worn from age and hardship, he would mutter to himself about things he had to do, people he had to talk to about things, traffic, the weather, just a quiet but unrelenting stream of words and phrases spewing forth from his mouth, muffled from the sounds of the city life. I never did find out whether Godfrey was his first or last name, just that Godfrey was what he initially introduced himself as and was the name to which he responded queries about traffic conditions and idle talk about current events.

Comments