Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Comments

• GardevoirGardevoir Member Posts: 522 ✭✭✭
    A "OC" is CALLED a "OC" whenever it's original or not. It doesn't really need to be original to have the name of "OC".

• Zonoro13Zonoro13 Member, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deleted my activity post.

OC means original content, if you drew something, even if it's of an existing character, it's still your own work.
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zonoro13 said:

OC means original content, if you drew something, even if it's of an existing character, it's still your own work.

OC is more often described as "Original Character." If you just draw an existing character, it isn't an OC. HOWEVER, Gabidou set his Gardevoir apart from the others, including changing the appearance(however slightly), so it IS, technically, an original character.

Zonoro13 said:

OC is more often described as "Original Character." If you just draw an existing character, it isn't an OC. HOWEVER, Gabidou set his Gardevoir apart from the others, including changing the appearance(however slightly), so it IS, technically, an original character.
    I've never heard it used that way, and top result on urban dictionary says I'm right. OC may mean original character in a fanfic context but generally it means original content. Anything you make or design yourself is OC.
    "Yahoo, I got sigged!" ~Idler | RIP Alot. 2015-2015. Was ran over by his crush in a bus. It was so freaky because it really worked." ~Luri | "In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." ~Terry Pratchett | "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett"
    Zonoro13 said:

Zonoro13 said:

I've never heard it used that way, and top result on urban dictionary says I'm right. OC may mean original character in a fanfic context but generally it means original content. Anything you make or design yourself is OC.
    That's...Not how I know OCs. OC means "Original Character." If it meant "Original Content," wouldn't so much as TEXT be an OC?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed

Zonoro13 said:

Zonoro13 said:

That's...Not how I know OCs. OC means "Original Character." If it meant "Original Content," wouldn't so much as TEXT be an OC?
    Technically, yes, fanfic and stories are OC. They're not often referred to as such, though.
    If you look up "OC definition" the first relevant hit is urban dictionary which says Original Content on the top entry.

Original Character doesn't even make sense in daily usage. If you just wrote a fanfic, and said at the beginning "this char is my OC" it would make sense. But if you composed some music or drew a picture that would be OC in the usual sense of the word.
  • edgyedgy Member, Wiener Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardevoir said:

A "OC" is CALLED a "OC" whenever it's original or not. It doesn't really need to be original to have the name of "OC".

Yes it fucking does that's why original is in the name.
    It's not his either it's someone's drawing that he slightly edited.
    edited August 2015
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

It's MY OC that I requested someone to draw it for me.

Just because it has the word "Original" doesn't mean it's not called OC. Again it pretty much came from the meme "OC DO NOT STEAL".

It's not MY drawing, but it's MY OC.

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Just because it has the word "Original" doesn't mean it's not called OC. Again it pretty much came from the meme "OC DO NOT STEAL".

"Just because AB does not contain A doesn't mean it's not AB"

Why are you using meme's to back up your argument?
    Can you link me it at least?
  • pinkydashpinkydash Member, Wiener Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭

Ha ha whoever gave you the flag made you say "thanks for the flag"
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Read my post.

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Read my post.
    Do you have any proof to back up your claim?
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Read my post.
    Do you have any proof to back up your claim?
    It's called common sense, or just how most people call it, if you prefer.

Gardevoir said:

I guess using the dictionary definition isn't common sense.
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

They don't even have a definition of wumbo.

Step up your game guys.
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Again please read my post. OC is just the name, not what it ACTUALLY is in some cases.

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Again please read my post. OC is just the name, not what it ACTUALLY is in some cases.
    No OC is not the name, a few idiots using it informally doesn't make it true.
    Zonoro13 said:

Zonoro13 said:

Zonoro13 said:

Technically, yes, fanfic and stories are OC. They're not often referred to as such, though.
    If you look up "OC definition" the first relevant hit is urban dictionary which says Original Content on the top entry.

Original Character doesn't even make sense in daily usage. If you just wrote a fanfic, and said at the beginning "this char is my OC" it would make sense. But if you composed some music or drew a picture that would be OC in the usual sense of the word.
    Your whole idea on what OC means comes from URBAN DICTIONARY?!

...Dear lord...

Zonoro13 said:

Zonoro13 said:

Zonoro13 said:

Your whole idea on what OC means comes from URBAN DICTIONARY?!

...Dear lord...
    UD is the shit m8
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    A minority, you even said yourself just because 99% of people say something, doesn't make it true.
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    A minority, you even said yourself just because 99% of people say something, doesn't make it true.
    And it's not "Just" in this case.

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    Just because lets say 70-90% of /v/ or whatever you use says it doesn't mean that 70-90% of the rest of the world does.
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    Just because lets say 70-90% of /v/ or whatever you use says it doesn't mean that 70-90% of the rest of the world does.
    /v/? It's not just 4chan, other sites like Deviantart too.

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    That's still a small percentage of the internet, let alone world.
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    Not really. I've seen a lot of people all over the internet saying "OC".

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    Still doesn't A: Make it correct B: Mean that a majority of the world use it in that context.
    Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

Leon said:

Gardevoir said:

A "Few"? Yeah right.
    Still doesn't A: Make it correct B: Mean that a majority of the world use it in that context.
    A lot of people in the internet use it that way.