Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe X (SCGMD thread)

UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
Throw the discus

I mean discussion.

(I can foresee me talking about it lots in activity)
So.... Dinosaur dance floor is literally the devil.
What's a sig btw

Comments

• lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Fuck Run'n'gun. Fuck Switch vs. Evil-Dog Round 1. Fuck the badge, fuck everything.

I'm sorry, i literally only played the second one for more than ten minutes. Meanwhile i only have the easy badges in the other two games. :P

But TBH, i'm really thankful for these games to introducing me to such kickass songs. :3

Honestly, Truth or Dare is beautiful, Please is beautiful, My Heart Up Your Ass is beautiful and, obviously, the videogame remixes are awesome. And i can't forget the kickass Switch vs. Evil-Dog round 1, right? Goddammit that song is awesome. And that's only for the second game! These games have the best soundtrack like ever. The only flash game which soundtrack could maybe beat this in a death match would be Epic Battle Fantasy 3/4.

And just from playing the third one by just a couple of minutes, i already found In Your Eyes... which... is...

"Remember to hold your last breath inside(hold your last breath inside)
    You fail to see(You fail in your mind)
    Your mind in need(I saw it was over)
    In your eyes..."

...Disturbing. :P

So, yeah. Now, for the second game's badges.

I remember getting the first two SCGMD2 badges in 2009, and i was having a blast, but getting anywhere past that was nigh-impossible. Fast-forward to 2011, i actually got all amateur perfects and felt ready to get a chance at Guitar Champion(the hard badge, requires 2 pro perfects and at least bronze on the rest of pro). I was so wrong. Getting a perfect in Broked It was the worst experience of my life. XD

It was so bad in fact that, playing this game again, i remembered almost EVERY SINGLE NOTE IN IT. I think it was my quickest pro perfect ever because my raw memory from that... thing was still there. I think i only took two or three attempts now, but i remember taking at least fifty at the time. Please(Intro) was somewhat easier IMO.

And for the last badge...

Maybe one day but not today. Definitely not today. :P
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wall of text

Neat.
    What's a sig btw
  • DarthCookieDarthCookie Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 5,618 Mod
    Run 'n' Gun isn't that hard. Also, I lost my beautiful save for 2. I had perfect on everything amateur and ~5 pro songs. I think it was on addicting games back when addicting games was a fashionable periwinkle instead of this boorish black and when they actually had the game.
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    Here's my current save on SCGMD4:

I was tryharding this game hard back when it came out. Alas, that 100+ stars save is gone :(
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Run 'n' Gun isn't that hard. Also, I lost my beautiful save for 2. I had perfect on everything amateur and ~5 pro songs. I think it was on addicting games back when addicting games was a fashionable periwinkle instead of this boorish black and when they actually had the game.

Compared with everything else, Run'n'Gun is probably the toughest because it requires a proper reaction instead of legit memorization, which is what you said you had, due to the fact it's like sixty notes in a row or something >_<.

For me, it's tough to get a good reaction in a tough situation until i get complete control of it, so the interludes in Run'n'Gun get me completely every time. I'm getting really good at the rest of the song, but i feel like i have almost no improvement in those particular parts..

Eh whatever i'm practicing the other one way more right now so that's probably why :P
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
    Noooo
    I was possibly about to get a second perfect on In love with myself but then flash stopped working.

:D
    What's a sig btw
    edited July 2015

The hardest normal song in SCGMD4… I feel overwhelmed just looking at it. Then, of course, there's

Guitar vs Piano

Shylight said:

The hardest normal song in SCGMD4… I feel overwhelmed just looking at it. Then, of course, there's

Guitar vs Piano

ERROR 404: BRAIN NOT FOUND.

ERROR 404: BRAIN NOT FOUND.

Damn right.

I'm having trouble with Toys and us, I figured out Dino Dance floor.

Or I should start with pro fully.
    What's a sig btw
    I did a bunch of things and got some more silvers.

What's a sig btw
    I'd recommend at least bronzing Switch vs Evil-Dog on amateur before you go for pro.

Also how to find one of the bosses: you'll see an animation on one of the songs when entering song selection. Play that song (doesn't matter how well you're doing, don't restart it), return to the song selection. Repeat four times.
    Shylight said:

I'd recommend at least bronzing Switch vs Evil-Dog on amateur before you go for pro.

Also how to find one of the bosses: you'll see an animation on one of the songs when entering song selection. Play that song (doesn't matter how well you're doing, don't restart it), return to the song selection. Repeat four times.

Oh yeah I saw that.... I got to five little baubles down the bottom then I broke it.

What's a sig btw
    He generally should appear after 3 baubles.
    Shylight said:

He generally should appear after 3 baubles.

Also should I get Toys and us to bronze?
    What's a sig btw
    I tried to ignore it as much as possible because it made me want to bash my head against the wall until sound stopped… So can't give a good advice here — my brain actively tries to forget what little it picked up about it.
    Shylight said:

I tried to ignore it as much as possible because it made me want to bash my head against the wall until sound stopped… So can't give a good advice here — my brain actively tries to forget what little it picked up about it.

Damn masterpieces being the #1 cause of head trauma Even thought head trauma is easier.
    What's a sig btw

Link to game? I don't feel like Googling it cause I'm lazy.

There are four.
    SCGMD4
    What's a sig btw
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember overkilling every boss (except brothers and time god) on every song on my DL SCGMD4 save before it got wiped.
    I played a hacked (this one, you can't have autoplay without cheat engine) version just to see if I was still good at GvP (I don't remember having played this game this year), well :

The hardest parts are the final and one or two guitar parts at the beginning I won't be able to explain.
    Piano is easy, guitar requires memorization and quick fingers, but at least it's fun to play once you get used to it.
    yes no
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember overkilling every boss (except brothers and time god) on every song on my DL SCGMD4 save before it got wiped.
    I played a hacked (this one, you can't have autoplay without cheat engine) version just to see if I was still good at GvP (I don't remember having played this game this year), well :

The hardest parts are the final and one or two guitar parts at the beginning I won't be able to explain.
    Piano is easy, guitar requires memorization and quick fingers, but at least it's fun to play once you get used to it.

you mean arcadeprehacks you used to play a hacked version!? Cheater
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
    Well, I'm improving :P

• TheKniferTheKnifer Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a higher score on Presumed dead than I do on Dinosaur dance floor, DDF is pretty fricken hard.
    Shylight said:

Well, I'm improving :P

Tired old man is alone.
    What's a sig btw

I have a higher score on Presumed dead than I do on Dinosaur dance floor, DDF is pretty fricken hard.

Personally, I despise Ska Hymn. I can't get a good feel for its rhythm up until last 5 seconds -_-
    Because I love delaying things, I'm going to silver all the songs I have left on amateur
    -Presumed Dead
    -Switch vs Evil-Dog Round 3
    -Toys And Us
    What's a sig btw
    edited July 2015
    Played SCGMD4, got a perfect in the three first songs on amateur, beat both the Pizza guy and the Puppet for no good reason, got a gold in Hole in the Ground and got 20 achievements, earning me the Cherish the Chievos badge and then (somehow o.o) got a gold in Dinosaur Dance Floor with 44.4k points, getting the the The Band Before Time badge. Allright, got all mediums doing as little work as possible.

My purpose is done here. Time to waste my time on more productive things. :P
  • MasterSparkyMasterSparky Member, Internet Detective, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Played SCGMD4, got a perfect in the three first songs on amateur, beat both the Pizza guy and the Puppet for no good reason, got a gold in Hole in the Ground and got 20 achievements, earning me the Cherish the Cheevos badge and then (somehow o.o) got a gold in Dinosaur Dance Floor with 44.4k points, getting the the The Band Before Time badge. Allright, got all mediums doing as little work as possible.

Dude, you know you're allowed to play Kong games for reasons besides badges, right?

Played SCGMD4, got a perfect in the three first songs on amateur, beat both the Pizza guy and the Puppet for no good reason, got a gold in Hole in the Ground and got 20 achievements, earning me the Cherish the Cheevos badge and then (somehow o.o) got a gold in Dinosaur Dance Floor with 44.4k points, getting the the The Band Before Time badge. Allright, got all mediums doing as little work as possible.

Dude, you know you're allowed to play Kong games for reasons besides badges, right?
    I only said that my purpose was done here because Superstar seems freaking impossible. c:

Played SCGMD4, got a perfect in the three first songs on amateur, beat both the Pizza guy and the Puppet for no good reason, got a gold in Hole in the Ground and got 20 achievements, earning me the Cherish the Chievos badge and then (somehow o.o) got a gold in Dinosaur Dance Floor with 44.4k points, getting the the The Band Before Time badge. Allright, got all mediums doing as little work as possible.

Damn. :O
    What's a sig btw